Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2018, 15:52   #1
Senior Member+

Morecambe Match Thread 6th March 2018 (Rescheduled Match)

Let's hope for a WIN tonight against Morecambe and THREE more points in our drive towards success by the end of the season. Three points will make Jimmy Bell feel much better of that I am certain.
Morecambe have been playing better recently and had a great win at Wycombe which also did us a favour. That man with no hair who plays up front for Morecambe has been getting the goals but could I suggest tonight that our supporters don't sing about him or 'Bait' him as they usually do. Because just like 'Da Beast' of Wycombe he will surely score against us if we do give him some stick.
100% Singing and Cheering on our team is needed tonight so that we can be that extra 'TWELFTH MAN' that could be part of the winning formula.
It is a 'Cup Final' tonight as all our remaining games to come will be. So One Match at a time and focus on a WIN and THREE POINTS!

COME ON STANLEY
THREE MORE POINTS
ON STANLEY ON
cashman and ossy kid like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2018, 20:54   #2
God Member

Re: Morecambe Match Thread 6th March 2018 (Rescheduled Match)

Fantastic result tonight. Gained at least two points against all other rivals. Well done, Stanley.
P.S. Nice to see Deano back playing 90 minutes, especially his gift of the penalty. Generous lad, just like his dad!
Revived Red and yonmon like this.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 06-03-2018 at 20:56.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 20:59   #3
Full Member+

Firstly, not Da Beast of Wycombe.....
Second a great win and great results all round today.
Finally, thank you agent Dean!
Old 06-03-2018, 21:11   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought Dino should have got M.O.M. yeh can take the lad outa accy, but yeh never take accy outa the lad.
Old 06-03-2018, 21:33   #5

Another ground out 3 points from a fairly even game. We had best chances first half. Kayden did well to once again get the wrong side of a defender and win a penalty. Morecambe pinned us in for a while second half but we stood firm. Then last 20 minutes we saw the game out well. This ability of seeing out games in the latter stages (remember late goals against morecambe and Barnet at home where costly 2 years ago) along with the kee/Jackson partnership are major cogs in us being one point of top spot!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:41   #6
Senior Member+

It was a hard fought WIN tonight which earned us a very valuable THREE POINTS to put us right on the tail of the leaders! Another 'Clean Sheet' was a bonus and was well deserved too.
I thought that we played really well for the first half an hour and dominated midfield and the play generally. Scott Brown did particularly well early on
but we allowed Morecambe to get a bit of a hold on midfield in the closing stages of the half.
To their credit Morecambe lifted their game in the second half and pushed our midfield into deeper defensive positions. It was the cool influence from Captain Coneely which often disrupted Morecambe's play along with the strong and effective defending from Dunne, Hughes, Donacien and Johnson. Morecambe changed their personnel and kept up their momentum but we continued to defend well and still looked dangerous on the break. In the last ten minutes plus the added 6 minutes our boys worked really hard and kept the ball upfield most of the time and Morecambe were reduced to some desperate 'Hoof ball' but we resisted and held on for the well deserved victory.
Deano did well for Morecambe, apart from the foul for the penalty, and I really think that they were better than quite a number of teams that I have seen in League Two this season. I think that they will survive the season.
STANLEY continue the progress up the League and with Notts County drawing tonight and Mansfield drawing at Lincoln we are in an even better position than this afternoon before the matches kicked off!
GREAT VOCAL SUPPORT FROM THE TERRACES TONIGHT.

Another CUP FINAL at Luton on Saturday and if we can win or even get a draw it will confirm our rightful place up there battling for promotion.

WELL DONE ALL THE STANLEY PLAYERS TONIGHT
ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS
[/[B]

Last edited by choirboy; 06-03-2018 at 21:44.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 21:51   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Fantastic result tonight. Gained at least two points against all other rivals. Well done, Stanley.
P.S. Nice to see Deano back playing 90 minutes, especially his gift of the penalty. Generous lad, just like his dad!
Now now Exile!!!,to be fair I didn’t he would play,but I bet Billy and Kayden wish he hadn’t played!!!.
Great battle between him and Billy.
For Acci,it was a strange game,they worked their socks off and the game management was spot on,
It really feels like it’s Accis time !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 22:09   #8

Solid performance, really good at times in fact. Really could have done with a second goal though since Morecambe had a great 15-20 min spell when we had a charmed life.

I see Coleman of Sunderland doesn’t fancy being the second best Coleman in Div 1 next year and has quit.

Clark my MOTM.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 22:12   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be perfectly honest thought the shrimps, whilst having spells of possession, never really threatened our goal.Roche made a few decent stops, but i expect him too, for a pensioner nearly, hes still a damn good keeper. on the serious side agree with lord d, Clark was my man of match, i said to lads coming out.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-03-2018, 22:14   #10

Ps, the ball boy deserved a slap from their goalie. Hope he’s not used again.
Old 06-03-2018, 22:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ps, the ball boy deserved a slap from their goalie. Hope he’s not used again.
Can't believe you said that, whenever is it justified for an adult to assault a kid?? Even in the heat of competition??
I hope you mean the goalie is not used again, rather than the ball boy!!
Revived Red likes this.

Last edited by KiTChener; 06-03-2018 at 22:24.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 23:02   #12

The only person who deserved a slap was the moron who threw a beer can at Roche from the top of the Clayton End, hitting the top of the net before falling into the goal.
Fortunately, Roche was moving away from the goalmouth & neither he nor any of the officials saw it.
Had it hit him, our club might have been facing serious consequences tonight, instead of celebrating a hard-won victory.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 23:04   #13
Senior Member+

I love the fact that even though this was a tight game, we are now 6 points clear of 3rd place after all the teams playing below us, drew. I hate 1-0 wins especially when we score in the first half, however, I will take a scrappy 1-0 on Saturday to put is all in dreamland, ie top of the league.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:44   #14
God Member

My god life is good.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:42   #15

Yes, I think it’s ok to gently shove any little cretin, or even give them the Brian Clough slap round the head, if they think it’s ok to disrupt the game when they are supposedly there to keep it moving.

Accrington fans and the club are above that sort of behaviour. Don’t need idiots making us look unsporting.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..