Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 09:07   #31
Senior Member+

Re: New regime positive thread.

I believe Dave Burgess attended the Supporters Club meeting last night and was a "Productive and Positive meeting"

Anybody shed any light, ChrisR?
Old 11-03-2016, 10:16   #32
Senior Member+

Far from a smart remark, I actually asked anybody to shed some light, adding your name only for the reason I know you're the only person I know that goes to the meetings!

You do say though that the huts are in the most dangerous place possible, how and where would you deem a safer place?

Did the Livingstone Road neighbours get consulted about the CCTV Control Room that was placed near the changing rooms a few seasons ago? I'm not sure what consultation would make a difference regarding the new stand, The residents have a right to object the plans submitted to the council...What if the club had a meeting with the residents and they objected then, Do the club just not build a new stand and leave it as it is?
King Kev likes this.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:41   #33
God Member

did go last night and the meeting was informative without any slagging off people. met mr.burgess for the first time who seems to be behind the club in every way and is looking for any new ideas to move the club on. seems a decent guy and not an arrogant person in any way. the problem is at any football club not everyone will be happy all the time for one reason or another. could support leeds or Bolton and then you have problems. we seem to be going the right way for once and after the changes things will quieten down I,m sure.
baldy, Red-Osbornello and smobile like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 17:11   #34
Full Member+

Chrisr . Who do you buy your programme and 50/50 from please ? I am not doubting your word , I sell them and if you do buy from me , then please will you make yourself known tomorrow.Thanks
baldy likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 20:05   #35
Super Moderator

Greeny (d) that's sad you've lost a pound; I'm sure with with your "banter" you'll find a replacement
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 23:06   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The lady at the table through the main turnstile. which is behind the dugout. But don't worry I won't be buying any more. or badges either.
Confused, I thought you were stopping the support next season
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:09   #37
Senior Member+

I've said it before and i will say it again, the disabled concession at the moment is for the disabled person to pay full price (at the gate) and the carer comes in free. I am assuming Chrisr you do not bring a carer. Whilst I don't doubt in years passed you have had a concession season ticket, is it really worth it to stop supporting the team you love for £40? Seems to be a little like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I am now a pensioner and travel to games from afar. Less money and sometimes it is tight like this week with 3 games in 8 days, but I will be purchasing my season ticket within the next month (PS I should point out by pensioner I mean retired from work but still not entitled to the Old Age Pension as I am under 65, and I don't get a fortune from my works pension)
baldy and King Kev like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:45   #38
Junior Member+

Someone still banging on about concession tickets, cashless entry only, and now questions the new stand doesn't increase capacity. Just unbeilevable, personal agenda? I think so.

Why does the club need to increase capcity on the new stand, one assumes there will be more development at some stage and they are looking to balance the stadium, then also what is the average away following in league 1? simliar to the new stand capacity? I believe so. why do we need a ground with a capcity larger than 5,000? Ok, lets be honest, we know of one supporter who isn't coming next season, so it appears the crowd attendance is going backwards, so maybe we should consider reducing capacity.
Ha ha, commercial understanding by some is zero.

Now then must go, I can smell the Humble Pie burning..........
baldy likes this.
King Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:02   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I can smell you changing yer tack slightly, but never mind yer pig ignorance still comes out.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:12   #40
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I can smell you changing yer tack slightly, but never mind yer pig ignorance still comes out.
Ha ha, "Pig ignorance"!, you are so funny, what you mean to say is "I am stumped, dont know how to respond to cold hard facts" but that's ok, I didnt expect anything different......

Just got that third humble pie in the freezer..... I wonder if I will need to buy a new freezer to prepare any more, although wondering now, how I will be able to dish it up for one person, if he isnt attending matches....
King Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:07   #41
Full Member+

better facilities alone will bring more people through the gate , change is needed and a change we are getting . Why don't we just watch the improvements as they grow . I'm sure we will all be happy.
KiTChener likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:08   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kev View Post
Ha ha, "Pig ignorance"!, you are so funny, what you mean to say is "I am stumped, dont know how to respond to cold hard facts" but that's ok, I didnt expect anything different......

Just got that third humble pie in the freezer..... I wonder if I will need to buy a new freezer to prepare any more, although wondering now, how I will be able to dish it up for one person, if he isnt attending matches....
Stumped? cold hard facts, possibly cos i am just repeating what i have been told by someone who was in yer company, saying yeh coming across now as Mr Pleasant, when really thats just a con.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:06   #43

So we are still adopting the build it and they will come strategy. Great business plan especially if we don't get promotion.

Burnley and Blackburn have far better facilities and play at a higher level but still can't fill their grounds so why do people think it will work for us. Plenty of hot air but no answers.

Plus is 5000 the required capacity for league one or is that more hope than anything?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:26   #44
God Member

If this is the positive thread I'm just glad there isn't a negative one.
Most of the hot air seems to be being expelled on here, not by the club.
From this distance Andy Holt seems to be delivering with actions. But some comments now read as if improving the ground's facilities is something to moan about.
baldy, smudgie, KiTChener and 3 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:56   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If this is the positive thread I'm just glad there isn't a negative one.
Most of the hot air seems to be being expelled on here, not by the club.
From this distance Andy Holt seems to be delivering with actions. But some comments now read as if improving the ground's facilities is something to moan about.
There is no question that Andy Holt has done what he said he would, my question is how will that attract significantly more fans given bigger clubs with better stadia can't fill their grounds. Darlington had a great stadium if it wasn't for the fact they couldn't attract new fans and look what happened to them so spare me the bull droppings
Chrisr likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..