Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2009, 20:40   #16
God Member

Re: New Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Comment in Leicester Mercury today:

"He is a quality striker and NP should keep him at the club but I think he will take league two by storm."
Coley out! Coley out!
Old 20-07-2009, 21:16   #17
Senior Member+

Apparently McNeil is about to sign for Chester, so we won't be getting him. Mind you, he's hardly prolific at League level is he?

Matty McNeil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 20-07-2009, 21:17   #18
God Member

Eric using inside knowledge?
Old 20-07-2009, 21:20   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Eric using inside knowledge?
I don't know, but the position of tall centre-forward who always gives 100% but doesn't score very often is already taken.
Old 20-07-2009, 21:35   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Gary King-- Could he be the answer! say a 6month contract and if he bangs the goals in and plays well trigger an extension to the end of the season what you think
Old 20-07-2009, 21:46   #21
God Member

if he can take his chances then I'd prefer him to Lindfield.

he might work hard and run around a lot but if there is no end product and you are relying muchly on your fron two to score goals ... as TM says the position is filled and we need goalscorers this season.
Old 20-07-2009, 22:03   #22
Senior Member+

King seems to work hard and he took his chance very well on Saturday. He faired less well in the second half, but that was because he didn't get any service once Mullin had gone off.
I'd like to see him be given a chance, as I struggle to see where Symes is going to fit in this coming season.
Old 21-07-2009, 08:45   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
King seems to work hard and he took his chance very well on Saturday. He faired less well in the second half, but that was because he didn't get any service once Mullin had gone off.
I'd like to see him be given a chance, as I struggle to see where Symes is going to fit in this coming season.
In the friendlies at Burscough and Halifax Mullin hardly won a header and when he had the ball at his feet somebody took it off him. Symes, on the other hand, won headers and directed them at Stanley players and held the ball up well and passed it to a Stanley player. I would prefer Symes any day to Mullin.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 09:22   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
In the friendlies at Burscough and Halifax Mullin hardly won a header and when he had the ball at his feet somebody took it off him. Symes, on the other hand, won headers and directed them at Stanley players and held the ball up well and passed it to a Stanley player. I would prefer Symes any day to Mullin.
We must have been watching different matches Jeff, as Mullin seemed to win virtually every header in the first half at Halifax, whilst Symes hardly seemed to be in attendance.
Symes was better at Burscough and I'd love him to be a success, but he's going to have to work very hard on his overall game.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:43   #25
Resting In Peace

Quote:
We must have been watching different matches Jeff, as Mullin seemed to win virtually every header in the first half at Halifax, whilst Symes hardly seemed to be in attendance.
Symes was better at Burscough and I'd love him to be a success, but he's going to have to work very hard on his overall game.
OK. We will just have to agree to disagree. Everybody has their own thoughts, but if you go to Radcliffe tonight and Mully plays keep an eye on him and see how many headers (if he wins any) land at a Stanley player and see how many passes he makes to a Stanley player.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 09:51   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't know, but the position of tall centre-forward who always gives 100% but doesn't score very often is already taken.
Ouch!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:35   #27
Senior Member+

I'll get my secretary to make notes Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Ouch!
Careful, or we'll have to do a risk assessment!

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 21-07-2009 at 10:39.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:37   #28
Senior Member+

I was in the Old Man City stand for the first half against Halifax and I suppose my views lean towards Jeff on this one.

I was impressed by Gary King's movement and thoughtful play. Reminded me of Anthony Elding.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:40   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Reminded me of Anthony Elding.
Yeah, it's his hairstyle.

I thought King did ok and his finish was clinical.
Old 21-07-2009, 11:12   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'm still hoping for Lee Hughes!!

You'd have to sell the club to pay his unrealistic wage demands, Oldham decided he wasn't worth it and added to this he's an unsettling influence in the dressing room.
Still it made me chuckle that you have such ambition in your present state
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..