Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2009, 08:23   #1
God Member

New Striker

Stanley set for striker debut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Come on you insiders (or speculators). Who is it?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2009, 08:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: New Striker

Some kid from Stockport County on loan

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 08:42   #3
God Member

Matty McNeil?

I'm still hoping for Lee Hughes!!

and Brett Ormerod!!
Old 17-07-2009, 10:20   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Matty McNeil?

I'm still hoping for Lee Hughes!!

and Brett Ormerod!!
Greedy I'd be happy to settle for just Brett.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 13:43   #5
Full Member+

Seeing as how everyone's having their two pennerth here.......can we please, please, please have Gornell back!
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 14:13   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

see players sign up thread
Old 17-07-2009, 14:43   #7
Senior Member+

This must be a different player to the one from Leicester, as he doesn't join us until the 1st August and this report says he'll be at Halifax tomorrow. It also says a League 1 striker and Leicester are now in the Championship.
Old 17-07-2009, 14:52   #8
God Member

Think that this one is Matty McNeil, as Macca has hinted at....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 16:19   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Think that this one is Matty McNeil, as Macca has hinted at....
I think it is too valairian! i dislike the bloke for his attitude however he could be a very good signing and a good player for the club. We shall see what happens

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 16:34   #10
Senior Member+

Just heard, its Billy Kee on a 6 month loan !! I was talking to a foxes fan and they rate him as one of their up and coming youngsters!! Been told hes a stocky lad who likes to get stuck in and wins headers and also can finish very well! Looks a good signing if im being honest!!

Found some links about him:

League Football Education (LFE) - Apprentice of the Month - October

Leicester City | News | Latest News | Latest News | Kee Makes It Perfect Ten

Old 17-07-2009, 16:56   #11
Senior Member+

Double Post, Please delete.

Last edited by fc:stanley; 17-07-2009 at 17:00.
Old 17-07-2009, 16:59   #12
Senior Member+

Kee, who has scored an incredible 44 goals in 42 games for Leicester's successful Academy team over the past two seasons, has rejected the club's offer for professional terms.

Kee, the Northern Ireland under 19 captain, has attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth after his goalscoring exploits.

Hicks= Kee - they got the names mixed up.

Old 17-07-2009, 20:27   #13
Senior Member+

Looks a great signing. Thanks to Nigel Pearson, Leicester Manager a player I saw many times captaining Sheffield Wednesday.

Sky Sports | Football News | League 1 | Leicester City | Stanley land Foxes starlet

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 21:46   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Kee, who has scored an incredible 44 goals in 42 games for Leicester's successful Academy team over the past two seasons, has rejected the club's offer for professional terms.

Kee, the Northern Ireland under 19 captain, has attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth after his goalscoring exploits.

Hicks= Kee - they got the names mixed up.

Foxes fans after that game

QUOTE (detari74 @ Apr 26 2009, 07:12 PM)
I was at the game and Chelsea struggled to cope physically. Billy Kee played really well causing the defenders problems and Liam Moore impressed throughout the game. Chelsea included a midfielder that apparently was brought for £1million but he was not that great. The only player that played well for Chelsea was their right midfielder (don't know name ). If Leicester forwards released the ball quicker they would score loads more

Kee seems to have made quite a difference since his return from injury in the second part of the season. It'll be interesting to see how Liam does given that we have an ex-centre-back as manager.

He really is a big, powerful lad and very dominant aerially. We'll just have to see how the rest of his game develops. Who scored for us?
Billy Kee got 2 goals and Elliot Chamberlain scored a screamer. Liam Moore is a centre midfielder so wont play centre back through lack of pace. The new players signed for next year are George Taft (CB) Kevin Knight (LB) Ellis Tebbut (CM) Liam Moore (CM) Shane Bryne (CM) Oliver Norburn (CM) Raj Gill (GK) and Jeffrey Schlupp (CF). They have high hopes for a few but as you can see by positions they will need to be adaptable

A report after Leicester's last Saturday's friendly

An experienced Leicester City side ran out 3-1 winners against local side Loughborough Dynamos.
Young striker Billy Kee stole the show and opened the scoring before winning a penalty that was converted by Paul Dickov.
Loughborough pulled a goal back only for Nicky Adams to complete the win for Nigel Pearson's men.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 20-07-2009, 19:15   #15
Senior Member+

Comment in Leicester Mercury today:

"He is a quality striker and NP should keep him at the club but I think he will take league two by storm."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..