Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2012, 19:46   #16
Senior Member+

Re: No Plymouth Match Thread?

Much improved performance today in terrible conditions.The ground staff deserve a medal for getting the game on.
We started in an attacking 4-4-2 system,and probably due to the conditions,went long and direct early on.
Pleasing for me,like the first half at oxford,we defended much higher up the field,which they really didn't have an answer too,although they shut us down very quickly.
We created numerous clear cut chances,but for totos miss ,whch would have put us ahead, we would have definitely gone on to win.
The free kick awarded for there goal was a joke,murph clearly won the ball,but our keeper did head butt their forward,so he had to go.
Getting a free kick on the edge of their box, five minutes after moly went off,summed up our luck !!.
A lot of positives today,hope we keep it up
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2012, 20:01   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
The free kick awarded for there goal was a joke,murph clearly won the ball,but our keeper did head butt their forward,so he had to go.
Just seen us on Skysports news. What an absolute joke the sending off was! Rab gently pressed his forehead against the dirty Plymouth get and he threw himself backwards as if hit by a sledgehammer. The ref can only have seen the reaction and not the initial "contact". What a pathetic cheat.
smobile likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 20:06   #18
God Member

I believe that the ref showed a yellow and a red, not two reds as I thought initially....... Maybe wrong though??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 20:10   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I believe that the ref showed a yellow and a red, not two reds as I thought initially....... Maybe wrong though??
We all must be colour blind. Deffo two reds, though on Skysports he seemed only to show a yellow???? Will have to wait for more complete TV coverage.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:10   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What we gonna do fer a keeper now though? we need 2.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:12   #21
Resting in Peace

What's Jamo doing these days? Reckon he could still do a job.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:15   #22
God Member

Smile Re: No Plymouth Match Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We all must be colour blind. Deffo two reds, though on Skysports he seemed only to show a yellow???? Will have to wait for more complete TV coverage.
I am with you and thought two reds, but have seen it again and think it was a yellow and a red!! All history now!!

Jamo in goals, you will be talking about Payne, Grimmy and Prendergast next

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 20:25   #23
God Member

Now thats a good shout!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 20:29   #24

3 Cards were shown - Yellow and associated Red and then a further Red ... bloody shambles.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 23:06   #25
Full Member+

Smile Re: No Plymouth Match Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Seems strange...never mind, from the way Dan was reporting on t'fishy site and what Cashy's said, sounds like we're really shaping up. Great gate - if only there was no Rovers!

and no dingles
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 02:11   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
and no dingles
Ideal scenario, Mick! One can but dream...
Old 23-12-2012, 06:56   #27
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth......

Firstly well done to Buzzer and the team, we are usually the first game to go, when I got to around Crewe on the M6 thought there was no chance of the game being on, so congrats to the lads.

Secondly big thanks to the Brighton fans for putting a few extra quid on the gate.... the ones I chatted to in the Clayton End seemed a great bunch.

So to the match........... no doubt we seemed to have improved with a much better performance. As others have said the referee really was appalling today, got nothing right. Molyneux again was the stand out for me, as soon as he was withdrawn it totally changed the game. Essential we try and keep the lad, as he is beginning to show his talent. I would say Beattie is still only 50% fit, but he only needs one chance as we all know, any chance of staying till May time James ??

Toto again is a complete Enigma for me, he makes some unbelievable tackles one minute and then looks a complete liability the next. However Leam seems reluctant to play Eckersley so it looks like he will be staying in the side.

I couldent really see the Rachubka incident, but by the sounds of it, its a 3 game ban?? Will be a huge test for Dawber, thats for sure. Maybe im biased but surely the match was made for a cameo for Hatfield to pop up yesterday???? Not sure what he has done wrong.

Final point is on young Carver, who I havent seen play since the Blackburn friendly. He seems to have grown about 6 inches for a start, as well as showing some great touches on the ball, definitely made massive progress since the summer

Roll on Boxing Day.

Merry Xmas to all.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:30   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

My take on young Carver, think the fact beattie is wi us seems to be doing the kid a power of good? agree wi smudge would love him to stay until May.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:10   #29
God Member

Very frustrated. For us to have played so well and improved so much from the previous week and not to have won the game is bordering on criminal.

Our shape was good and while our distribution down the flanks could've been better, we created chances with impressive regularity.

Peter Murphy was the standout performer in my eyes, but there were a lot of good individual performances. The only one I was concerned with was Toto who was beaten far too often by Argyle's wide man. In fairness he was clearly out of his comfort zone but lacks the versatility of Winnard. Leam, get yer boots on.

The referee was diabolical. The free kick for Plymouth's goal should never have been. He failed to control Plymouth's scything challenges. He failed to judge the fracas at the end (Chubs and Feeney went head-to-head in traditional handbags manner before Feeney hurled himself to the ground, acting like he'd been headbutted - how the ref gave a red to our lad and not Feeney is beyond me). He failed also to add on the time for the whole incident. I hope the buffoon is pulled up for his incompetence.

A frustrating day but the players must keep this up. On any other day - without a referee on a controlled substance or without Gordon Banks in goal for the opposition - we would've won convincingly.

A great success by Buzzer and co, really well done. Just shows how far we have come in that department to get a game on in such circumstances.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 10:16   #30
Senior Member+

Agree with you smudgie on young carver.All the young lads have talent,what sets them apart from the next step up is mental strength.
A lot of our young lads seem to have it,so I am really hopeful for the next few seasons.
For example,Clarke comes in and you would never have known he's been on the side lines,and miller has to sit on the bench against oxford,but was great yesterday,really good signs for players so young.
I would like to see eckersley have a go,but I would play him alongside dean,with murph as the holding midfielder.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..