View Single Post
Old 23-12-2012, 10:10   #29
shakermaker
God Member

Re: No Plymouth Match Thread?

Very frustrated. For us to have played so well and improved so much from the previous week and not to have won the game is bordering on criminal.

Our shape was good and while our distribution down the flanks could've been better, we created chances with impressive regularity.

Peter Murphy was the standout performer in my eyes, but there were a lot of good individual performances. The only one I was concerned with was Toto who was beaten far too often by Argyle's wide man. In fairness he was clearly out of his comfort zone but lacks the versatility of Winnard. Leam, get yer boots on.

The referee was diabolical. The free kick for Plymouth's goal should never have been. He failed to control Plymouth's scything challenges. He failed to judge the fracas at the end (Chubs and Feeney went head-to-head in traditional handbags manner before Feeney hurled himself to the ground, acting like he'd been headbutted - how the ref gave a red to our lad and not Feeney is beyond me). He failed also to add on the time for the whole incident. I hope the buffoon is pulled up for his incompetence.

A frustrating day but the players must keep this up. On any other day - without a referee on a controlled substance or without Gordon Banks in goal for the opposition - we would've won convincingly.

A great success by Buzzer and co, really well done. Just shows how far we have come in that department to get a game on in such circumstances.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote