Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2015, 15:56   #16
God Member

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Yonmon's fears appear to be coming true. It' looks like another fight for league survival over the next three months. And the last three games (Hartlepool then Dagenham away, and Mansfield at home) suggest it could be a fight to the bitter end.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2015, 16:00   #17
Senior Member+

Back to the drawing board methinks
Old 31-01-2015, 16:08   #18
Senior Member+

Totally and utterly abject. Coleman has not got a clue. Why take of Carver for Gray in the 2nd half against 10 men. Why not let Carver and Gray play together and take of the ineffective Naismith? 5th goal was clearly offside but Macey must be to blame for numbers 3 and 4. Totally indecisive. Number 5 was a mile offside but what is the difference. We were beaten today by a team who played with 11 men even when they had gone to 10 against a team who in truth were at 6's and 7's.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 16:12   #19
Senior Member+

There is something intrinsically wrong at our wonderful football club and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later or we will be definitely be in a serious scrap come April and looking at forthcoming fixtures I can't see where the points will come from. We can't defend we can't score where does that leave you as a team! This has been the lowest point for many a year...there is no option for me and Ange but to have a few jars!
AccyMad, Kiwi John and yonmon like this.
Old 31-01-2015, 16:16   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b
There is something intrinsically wrong at our wonderful football club and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later or we will be definitely be in a serious scrap
I'll bet the chairmen of Rochdale and Southport could give you a clue on how to sort it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 16:38   #21
Resting in Peace

Total, abject humiliation. Can't think of anything positive to say. Only Buxton, Piero and Conneally came out of that with any credit. MacGuire? - why, oh why Coley?
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 16:43   #22
Full Member+

Angry Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

I am afraid it is time to allow the manager to move on. Today's performance was nothing short of abysmal. We know we can play much better than this, It was noticeable with Tom Aldred missing. we looked like a team who have never played together. Tactilely we were so naive it was deeply worrying. We need to act quickly.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 16:57   #23
Senior Member+

Where on earth do we go from here? Coleman obviously hasn't endeared himself to the Stanley fans nor the general public on his return and gates are tumbling and will continue to do so with current form. I can see that dreaded less than 1000 gate for a league game coming up as why would the non season ticket holder pay £20 plus extras to watch that drivel. Bad day, angry and fed up should Coleman really have been invited back?
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:00   #24
Senior Member+

I am sorry but our keeper had a nightmare today.
From the first punt down field ,were his starting position was on his line,we were in trouble.he never keep for anything,and his head just went.
He even dove over the penalty !!
I mentioned it last week to Cashy and chubbyman,and my fears come true today.
Even their fans got sick of the "dodgy keeper" song and replaced it with " we owe you a pint" chant !!
Defensively we were all over the show,and I disagree about Bucko,he's just not a defender (good footballer tho)
He got skinned for the first,gave away a penalty for the second and got caught in possession for the third or fourth.
They bombarded with balls down the middle and we just struggled to contain them.
The fourth and fifth goals were just like a pub team defending,not worthy of a comment.
Positives --------urrrrm,Piero never give up,grey at least ran the channels and held the ball up
Not a lot more
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:21   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We were out muscled by a bigger stronger,older team, not enough ummp in our side, agree completely about Kal he was abysmal first half and to me deserved substituting, To replace Carver after so short a time, says it all to me, should have been left on with Gray alongside. The second half our keeper had a MARE, the defending was like watching a pub team against 10 men fer chrissake, Only thing we can take outa this, if we hadn't conceded 5, we would have won 1-0. No good calling fer the managers head, we cant afford it.
football19 likes this.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:25   #26
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

A disgrace and im not talking about the team im not a happy bunny ��
Old 31-01-2015, 17:31   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
A disgrace and im not talking about the team im not a happy bunny ��
What's up pal?
Old 31-01-2015, 17:32   #28
Senior Member+

Dear Chubbyman,
I'm sorry I couldn't join you today, I had to sort out some other stuff and couldn't make it to the game.
Looks like I missed a classic!

The keeper Beattie got in from QPR was not very good, some of our fans said we should stick with him, others said get rid.
It seems the situation with Macey is similar if not worse, do we stick with him or send him back to Arsenal ?

We won't go down with Coleman in charge, he will turn it round. Just like Beatties 12 games without a league win, 4 games without a win is bad but not a disaster. Still lots of points to play for and lots of potential in the squad.

Let's stick together and get behind the club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:35   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Send back or not Davo, i would start with Dawber next week fer certain. He can't do any worse n was talking to someone at half time that watched him at Clitheroe n they said they thought hes worth a shot.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:40   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Send back or not Davo, i would start with Dawber next week fer certain. He can't do any worse n was talking to someone at half time that watched him at Clitheroe n they said they thought hes worth a shot.
Watched him a few times for clitheroe and he's improved every time.
Can't do any worse,but I don't get any pleasure watching young Macey crumble,his head just went .
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..