Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2015, 17:42   #31
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Not really bothered anymore!! The poor keeper should have been subbed at half time his confidence is shot at and probably made his last apperance at the club. Not a happy bunny
Old 31-01-2015, 17:42   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Watched him a few times for clitheroe and he's improved every time.
Can't do any worse,but I don't get any pleasure watching young Macey crumble,his head just went .
I certainly dont get any pleasure from it, but we gotta use our loaves the lad looked wrecked to me.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:45   #33
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
What's up pal?
Has i stated im not a happy bunny tonight and im contomplating my next step.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:45   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Dear Chubbyman,
I'm sorry I couldn't join you today, I had to sort out some other stuff and couldn't make it to the game.
Looks like I missed a classic!

The keeper Beattie got in from QPR was not very good, some of our fans said we should stick with him, others said get rid.
It seems the situation with Macey is similar if not worse, do we stick with him or send him back to Arsenal ?

We won't go down with Coleman in charge, he will turn it round. Just like Beatties 12 games without a league win, 4 games without a win is bad but not a disaster. Still lots of points to play for and lots of potential in the squad.

Let's stick together and get behind the club.

No FT no comment
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:48   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
A disgrace and im not talking about the team im not a happy bunny ��
Totally out of order the club should force him to meet you face to face and apologise !!!
mab likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:51   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
4 games without a win is bad but not a disaster
It's not just 4 league games without a win, it's 4 defeats on the trot!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:52   #37
Senior Member+

why is J C so negative on Carver, I thought he nodded the ball on well to create chances for others but the service to him up front was non existent.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:55   #38
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Totally out of order the club should force him to meet you face to face and apologise !!!
And you really think that will happen pal
Old 31-01-2015, 17:58   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
why is J C so negative on Carver, I thought he nodded the ball on well to create chances for others but the service to him up front was non existent.
Thing i like about Carver is the lads a fighter, If he is to make the grade to me he needs approx 4/5 games on the spin to establish himself, but i doubt very much under this management he will get that chance, it reminds me a bit of the way i thought Chris Turner was treated way back. If he couldn't establish himself after a proper run in the side, then fair enough get shut.
Old 31-01-2015, 17:59   #40
Senior Member+

I'll leave the analysis to the Pundits !..... Suffice it to say that the writing which was appearing on the wall at Tranmere, is now taking on a more patent and disconcerting appearance !. It makes one consider the fact that whoever is directing operations at Accrington Stanley is not doing it very successfully !.
Today's attitudes left much to be questioned and open to criticism, and it disturbed me to see when the team were certainly second best in every department such negative and at times unacceptable reactions to this so clearly on display!.
So who is responsible for creating this mess ?, and is there anyone responsible for reversing the trend which is, sad to say, leading the Reds on a downward spiral to total failure as a Football League Club?. If there is then how can they sit back and watch this whole sorry scene unfolding before their eyes ?.
I don't know the answers, or if there is an answer even, but those holding the reins at the Stanley must, for the Players and the Fans, take them up and steer our Club in a different direction to the one being pursued at the present time !.

(Overheard from the 'get it up t'field contingent '....." Stop passing that ball around and kick it up t'field "........I despair ! )
AccyMad and nige b like this.

Last edited by yonmon; 31-01-2015 at 18:05. Reason: Spelling error....a rare one Chubbyman !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 18:06   #41

Re: Northampton town thread

Keeper had a shocker.

Maguire was non-existent.

Bad runs of form will happen - hopefully we'll be able to strengthen during the loan window.
football19 likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 18:09   #42
mab
God Member

I was saying to my son and trapdoor just befor Naismith was subbed that i would have taken the keeper off in stead and swopped like for like! Well our manager over heard and verbally attacked me with a barrage of foul mouth language.not happy
Old 31-01-2015, 18:09   #43
Senior Member+

one thing is for certain.
you can have a great manager,
you can have a great board,
you can have great players,
but without the fans the club has nothing,
I think we have great fans
Kiwi John, DAV007 and choirboy like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 18:18   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The thing we fail with consistently is to play the ball on the deck, we persist in lumping it forward at Giraffe height, against tall defenders.
Old 31-01-2015, 18:21   #45
Senior Member+

What's happened Mab?,or is it not for the forum ?
Back to the game,I thought Coley missed a trick at half time .
They tucked their wide men in and let us have the ball,I would have brought lids on and told him to push on ( although deans man never got past him,he would be sacrificed).
Saying that, rob and seamus are not "talkers" or "organisers",and I would definitely play Dean in the middle,were we got picked off on the counter attack too easily.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..