Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2015, 19:40   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
And you really think that will happen pal
Yes... If you put a complaint in writing,maybe Rob Houseman will sit on it to hide it though.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2015, 19:46   #62
God Member

....Never known myself for a husband and wife to divorce then re-marry and have a happy and prosperous life...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 19:46   #63
Senior Member+

Jeez never thought I'd say it but Bavs is more reliable than this lad in goal. Send him back give Dawbs a chance and readdress!
Old 31-01-2015, 19:55   #64
Senior Member+

got to say, very honest interview by coleman.

got to give him credit for his honesty, i do like it.

seems to confirm what everyone else on here says, the 3rd goal was a killer.

I hope when he was talking about having to much faith in players and bad team selection he was refering to McGuire

[YOUTUBE]https://
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:07   #65
God Member

It might be honest, but I certainly don't like it.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:13   #66

I don't often come on here these days (too much mindless abuse ) but I was sitting in front of MAB I assume because I was witness to the incident described.
Well, football is an emotional game and we all say some things in the heat of battle that we regret or we wouldn't say in normal circumstances.
But what our glorious leader did was off the scale and really inappropriate way to behave. As fans we are entitled to our opinion and MAB didn't aim the comments at JC but got a mouthful for his trouble, in a way that would have been rewarded with a punch in the face if it had been said in the pub.
This club does not have so many fans that it can afford to treat any of them like that. There are signs up throughout the stadium asking us to "watch your language" but employees of the club need to take heed themselves.
I get that our glorious leader was frustrated and generally hacked off. (& I think subbing the goalie would have been a a bad move) but that behaviour was miles out of order.
If I want to hear potty-mouth abuse I shall sit next to Andy Murray's girlfriend...
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:29   #67

I was sat behind MAB and he was talking to me - he just said to me who he thought should come off - Coley overheard and hurled a load of foul language - no need.
Old 31-01-2015, 21:04   #68
Senior Member+

Absolutely disgusting behaviour and by the sounds of it an embarrassing performance.

How much longer are we going to let these idiots destroy our club??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 21:22   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Absolutely disgusting behaviour and by the sounds of it an embarrassing performance.

How much longer are we going to let these idiots destroy our club??
And a sure way to alienate and possibly lose fans ?........but I reiterate Smudgie, who is likely to see this behaviour as wrong, and is there anyone at the Club who will want to rectify the situation ?.....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 22:26   #70
Full Member+

I have to give credit to JC for accepting responsibility for the team selection and player he has brought in. I do believe the loss of Tom Aldred to Blackpool had unsettled the side. However it would be unfair to pick out individual players at this point Other than to say they should have played far better than they did. some were more committed than others and the inexperience of the goal keeper brought us down, Ultimately JC says wholesale changes have not been ruled out but what is need is a prper game plan and some better tactics. I would suggest that JC is not the man to take the club further and should do the honourable thing and resign.
Greeny likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 22:40   #71
Senior Member+

Its 4 defeats in a row, hardly a mass crisis.

If it gets to 10 league games without a victory, any manager whoever they are should walk.

Beattie got as many as 12 league games before a win.

We have witnessed some great results and performances under Coleman, and equally some stinkers. Its insane to be calling for him to walk away at this stage.

I expect once the transfer window is closed, it will work in our favour as players will be more desperate to move, and the kind of loans and free transfers we can afford wont be affected by the transfer window, but it may give a few of them a wake up call that they need to find a club ASAP or rot in the reserves/stay unemployed.
SamF and AsFc62 like this.
Old 31-01-2015, 23:15   #72
Resting in Peace

I'm with you on this, Davo. I'm sure Coley can turn things round but he really has to start with a clean sheet with his team selection and be ruthless with those who are consistently under performing, whether loan players or not. Big, honest decisions required to get his best 11 players on the pitch in their best positions..
DAV007 likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 23:40   #73
Senior Member+

And now for my two penn'orth. Yes, the keeper was responsible for at least two goals. But there were many other issues. In reality we were totally inept. The main problem was Maguire. To be honest there were some excellent crossfield passes from Joyce and Barry, but when the wingers collected them, notably Piero (the passes to Naismith produced nothing), there was no-one available to receive a pass and link up play. And that should have been Maguire.

And how we missed Tom Aldred. Northampton soon realised that route 1 would yield results. Conneely seemed competent but he does not have the huge physical presence and organising skills that Tom has.

But the focus must really be on the manager. His decision to take off Carver and replace him with Gray was a very poor decision indeed. Surely it was Maguire who should have been replaced by Gray. It was difficult to imagine that Northampton had 10 men - our football genius and his sidekick clearly lacked the tactical knowledge to take advantage of the numerical difference. More worrying still is the lack of support and encouragement that comes from the dugout. Chris Wilder and his assistant were encouraging/cajoling/advising throughout the game. JC was merely a passive observer - except, it seems, when a fan happens to voice an opinion.

And the most worrying thing of all is the very evident lack of spirit in the dressing room. The blame for this must lie with the management. It started when the loanees arrived and immediately were given favoured status in team selection.

In a separate thread, football19 says that JC and JB expect players to do a job for job for them, and if they do that job, all well and good. But that seems not to be correct. On today's evidence, it was impossible to see who was doing what job. But more importantly, team selection appears to be capricious and not based on performance at all. Football19 also says that you know where you are with JC. I think that we have all worked for managers who have been able to manage without favouritism and seeming vindictiveness, and yet are able to assert their authority as managers and therefore are successful. Sadly, I suspect we have also worked for managers who do display favouritism and vindictiveness.

It is now time to ask who is running the club? Will JC's outburst against a fan simply be accepted? Will the decision to use an announcer from an away team be questioned and publicly explained? How much effort was made to keep Tom Aldred (he had been VERY happy at the club) or was he considered expendable?

And when, by the way, is the annual meeting for shareholders?
fc:stanley, mab, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 00:15   #74
Senior Member+

Aldred was not going to stay around once there was interest from bigger clubs. , better to get some cash now than nothing considering how tight the cash flow must be with the cancelled games.
Old 01-02-2015, 00:17   #75
Senior Member+

We have finally been on the football league show, Macey AND Atkinson had absolute shockers.

I really don't know what people see in Atkinson.

And Macey should be sent back to Arsenal, he jumped over the penalty! Surely we can find a better loan keeper than this joker?

Revived Red, I forgot to add, I agree with you about McGuire, the lad needs to go back to west ham.

Last edited by DAV007; 01-02-2015 at 00:20.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..