Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 11 Post By yonmon
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 3 Post By football19
  • 5 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 09:57   #1
Senior Member+

Not again ?

So, this morning I was awakened from a Rip van Winkle sort of torpor by a glance at the Calendar reminding me that once again I have to shake off my aches, pains, and general lassitude to put on my Stanley Fan's jacket and join you all at The Crown.. or whatever guise it adopts these days , on this fine Autumnal day to take my seat (D 52 ) on the most exciting roller-coaster that ever existed !.
But firstly I must run the gauntlet and collect my Season ticket, possiibly from the same representatives of the Club's Administration Department who thought, when meeting this decrepit octogenarian, that I wasn't actually as age-worn as i appeared and demanded that I present some proof of my date of birth before granting me access to concessionary rights !.. but we of advancing years do have many and fascinating crosses to bear !.
But am I not the lucky one really ?.. many of my contemporaries will, sadly be missing and like many on our forum, thoughts will return to days spent in the company of good friends full of happy banter and love for our Team.
So, I will be there, making my bit of noise, jumping out of my seat when the Reds score, still trying to make up my mind whether Sean is as good, or as poor as he appears ( sorry AccyMad ! )..... and thoroughly enjoying life just feeling part of all that will be going on this afternoon !.
To JC , JB, and all the players... BON CHANCE !!.. and once again make us proud !.
ON STANLEY !...ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2017, 10:17   #2
God Member

Re: Not again ?

excellent post yonman. at least us oldies are still here to witness the trials and tribulations of an afternoon at the crown. still get a lump in my throat looking at a certain seat where our old mates used to be. as groucho marks said, i intend to live for ever or at least die trying. COME ON YOU REDS.
yonmon likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:17   #3
Senior Member+

Will miss your technical analysis of the game today my friend,have to entertain the wife in rainy llangollen !!
Just seen Wrexham are at home,so may get my fix !! KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:42   #4
God Member

Wrexham! You must be an footie addict, F19.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 18:20   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Will miss your technical analysis of the game today my friend,have to entertain the wife in rainy llangollen !!
Just seen Wrexham are at home,so may get my fix !! KTF
Try Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch next ..much more attractive than Llangollen !.

Get back soon

ps.. Good opening game today. Plenty to please the eye, plenty for JC to work on.
Colchester will get better I'm sure !... as for Sean ...??.

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 13:27   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Try Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch next ..much more attractive than Llangollen !.

Get back soon

ps.. Good opening game today. Plenty to please the eye, plenty for JC to work on.
Colchester will get better I'm sure !... as for Sean ...??.

KTF.
Over 6000 on at Wrexham,just think if they were any good!!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 13:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Over 6000 on at Wrexham,just think if they were any good!!!!
Understandable theres sod all else in North Wales.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..