Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 23:40   #31

Re: Offer Leam The Job.

We over here at Red Darrener House are rare contributors but wish to convey our sincere hope that Leam gets offered the job as our permanent full time manager forthwith.
I remember the sole home game he took charge of last year- the 4-3 against Gillingham- and feeling chuffed that he'd at least got a chance to prove himself-and being kind of gutted when Paul Cook arrived- I dont know how he felt then but he handled it-as he appears to handle most things with thoughtfulness, dignity and professionalism.
Of course after a dreadful start we began to warm to Cook for the style of play more than anything. I do think in general if somebody thinks highly enough of us to offer us more money to do what we love we would possibly think firstly of our families and move on- I never met Cook personally but he always came across well in interviews etc . But speaking as a fan I cant help but feel as though we've been messed about and used, whether or not that is actually the case.
Anyway, I'd like to see Leam take the job and take Cook and his new found 'infrastructure' on this season and 'carve his name into legend ' indeed. ! And if he was messed about when Cook came- we really cant afford to do it again. I agree this could be a watershed moment for the club. Leam represents stability and continuity.
And I echo what has been said about really good people like Hackney, Hopper, Hughes, Hartford (note the alliteration)et al.Please come back! We were spoilt by having the same bloke there for thirteen years-now our little club are finding out the hard way about this cutthroat bloody business.
But that's precisely why we turn up every week-our club truly is like no other, and whatever happens, we'll get behind whoever.

But please, if possible, just give the job to Leam. Immediately.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2012, 05:21   #32
God Member

It is a no brainer with Leam but as previous posters have said would like a good number two somebody who has the contacts, a wealth of experience and can improve things alongside Leam.

One thing we can't look to do is look for the cheap options as has been the case so often in the past with things, one applicant who also slipped through the net last time when PC got the job is Ronnie Moore and he has done a great job at Tranmere since taking over the reigns and with that as a Football League Club there is a wealth of experience out there who would snap your arm off for a position at Stanley.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:29   #33

Like I said yesterday, if he wants the job he should come out and say so straight away. Easy to wait to see if cock comes calling or not then decide. Nail your colours to the mast now leam please.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:35   #34
God Member

Todays Telegraph says that;
Cock does want Leam
Leam WILL be offered the job

quoted from Rob Heys
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:41   #35
Full Member+

Bit from leam on fishy now:

ASFC News Story > 5028
Old 26-10-2012, 10:46   #36
God Member

Let's hope, as appears from his statement, Leam realises he has more to gain from developing his own career with Stanley than by leaving to be an sous-chef to Cook.
Let's also hope the club, this time, give Leam more time and show some reward for his obvious loyalty.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:51   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That statement looks very positive to me, n so it seems the bookies 1-8 on wi Stan james, that makes me very optimistic. Never known a bookie give much away.
Old 26-10-2012, 11:09   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
leaving to be an sous-chef to Cook.

cracking analogy!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 12:04   #39
Senior Member+

Latest from the BBC:
BBC Sport - Accrington Stanley: Leam Richardson wants to become boss
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 21:48   #40

Folks, am I being unreasonably pessimistic? Dan interviewed Leam after the game today and asked him if he wants the managerial position. He didn't offer an answer which I find rather worrying. Leam, we want you. The job is yours; all you have to do is ask for it. Please, take the job, build a squad and take us on to the next stage of our progression.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 22:03   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Way i would see it if i was Leam, Hes young n little experience yet n a club like stanley are likely to give him time! Whilst if he went elsewhere hes got a young family, but how long might a increased salary last? Certainly nowhere near as long as at Stanley, Do well here n a good job will come along of that i have no doubt, Then he can move on n be a legend at the crown n all supporters would wish him well i reckon. If that theory of mine is correct, which would you choose?
Old 27-10-2012, 22:08   #42

Hope he wants the job unfortunately if he doesn't take it or doesn't want it and someone else comes in they might have their own back room staff, it's a predicament for him really.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 22:17   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Hope he wants the job unfortunately if he doesn't take it or doesn't want it and someone else comes in they might have their own back room staff, it's a predicament for him really.
Could be wrong here Shurm, but my guess is if he don't take it, will only be cos hes goin elsewhere. just hope he takes the job.
Old 27-10-2012, 22:23   #44

Yeah fair point mate.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 00:06   #45
Full Member+

For me & my take on Leam's position, he's got a straight choice. Assuming the Stanley board offer him the position and give him the backing (which I'd hope and pray they do ) He either follows the snake to Chesterfield and work as number 2 in the shadow of Cook, or strikes out on his own as a manager in his own right.

I'd hope that our board would back Leam to the hilt, He won't have fan pressure here,as I'm sure the fans would be 100% ( & more) behind Leam & would accept that the way forward won't be a cakewalk. We knew it wasn't going to be easy adapting to change after 13 years of continuity with Coley & Bell, but if Cook did one thing, he (probably along with Leam ) got in a set of lads to complement what we were left with who are more than capable of holding their own in L2.

We've got some talented individuals, and I'd hope if Leam takes the job, we tie down key personnel on deals where if the likes of Coleman (or the snake ) come calling, we put a big fat price tag in their faces if they want to sign our better players. That to me would be Leam's ( and the boards ) first big test

The road forward won't be easy. I'd take 51 points now and safety. Unless gates rise dramatically, the wage budget isn't going to rise.

The choice is simple. Go and work as number 2 to the snake (albeit on a better wage ) at a club where expectation is going to be high. If it goes wrong and Cook fails at Chesterfield, career progression may be difficult.

Stay with the Reds, get the right backing, enjoy success (which may be relative) and make a name for yourself in your own right. Bigger employers than Chesterfield may sit up and take notice of your achievements and Career progression follows.

So..... to stay in the shade or strike out for the spotlight???

One thing for sure, despite our financial constraints, I dare say there aren't many better opportunities for somebody to make their point, as in, prove their abilities and worth as a manager.

If he wants to pursue a career in management, opportunities like the one he has now will be very few and far between.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 28-10-2012 at 00:08.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..