Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 21:21   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Offer Leam The Job.

If what i'm surmising is true via smudges thread, MrT will yeh marry me?
Old 25-10-2012, 21:22   #17

New 2 year contract Mr T or existing one? cos cock had one of them. Don't close a thread without a decent response please.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 21:27   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
hackney got a good job up at morecambe, were he has got ryan hopper on board
A very good player in the making and we let him slip away
Old 25-10-2012, 21:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
A very good player in the making and we let him slip away
Not we mab, it was cock.
Old 25-10-2012, 21:29   #20
Super Moderator

Like everybody else, hope Liam stays. I was over the moon when Judas came on board, but realise I was sorely deluded now!
Old 25-10-2012, 21:35   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Like everybody else, hope Liam stays. I was over the moon when Judas came on board, but realise I was sorely deluded now!
Don't bother mate, i have always lived by the adage- Yeh reap what yeh sow, This will come back to bite his arse at some stage.
Old 25-10-2012, 21:55   #22

Posted on a thread then closed by Mr T

"Will close this thread!!

Leam has a 2 year contract, drawn up his request"

You explaining or doing a DON ?
Old 25-10-2012, 22:10   #23
Super Moderator

Leam has a 2 year playing contract.

In my very own opinion I would like to see Leam given a long term chance as our manager. He's served a long apprenticship, lets ALL back him 100%

O and Smobile I'm not DON and please get the FACTS before you sound off in public
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:17   #24

Mr T, you weren't being clear and the club has a history of mis-information. All I was saying is, if you know something, then say something. If not, don't crack on that you do. Your post alluded to the fact that he was signing a new 2 year deal. Stating he has a 2 year deal is Worth zip. Cock had one of them and where's he now.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:20   #25
God Member

anybody remember the Iraqi Interior Minister who claimed that "The Americans have not entered Baghdad! oh shi........"?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:26   #26

Comical Ali lives on!
Old 25-10-2012, 22:30   #27

As somebody whos worked for the club for a number of years i think i'm qualified to off er an opinion on the current situation.

The club is unique and whoever is given the job needs to get the club and understand it. They need to embrace what we are and accept our poor facilities, no training ground and no money. This is why i feel it needs to be somebody who knows what to expect or they will scarper just like Cookey.

From conversations with Cookey it was quite obvious he wasn't in it for the short haul and Stanley was his way of getting back into english football. I don't think Rob or the board were under any illusion but i think everybody's surprised at the timing and his short stint. What's annoying is he obviously planned for pastures new asap but was allowed to force out good club men like phil Hackney and belittle and release good young prospects! that to me was a sin!

My opinion would be for Leam to be given the job but with experienced bodies around him bring back Asa Hartford and Phil Hackney to the club. They both understand the club Asa would be a great assistant with the nouse to help Leam and contacts to die for! Phill would be a great director of football type and shouldn't have been allowed to leave. Not sure what Phils contract at Morecambe is but he loves the Stanley. Asa's kicking his heels at accy college coaching and scouting for Norwich.

We are in a precarious position and if we get this wrong we could drop like a stone!
zachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:34   #28
God Member

scouting for Norwich? might that be where the Lewis Hatch trial comes in? interestingly enough Lewis has cancelled his trial after "a successful first day due to personal ..." (sentence wasn't finished)
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:36   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

As yeh have come on accyweb Zachy, yer opinions welcome n as valid as anyones.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:55   #30

Not sure of the connection of Asa scouting at Norwich and Lewis Hatch but i know both Asa and Phil Hckney would love to be back at the club! Previous thread was meaqnt to say "Cookey was not in it for the long haul".

In reply to other opinions Les Parry is a decent physio and has helped the medical dept since the Joe Hinnigan days but most credit needs to be given to Dr Joyce on that score. However Les should be kept away from management and stick to physio as has been proved he's not football mangement material.

Just my opinion.

Hope Rob reads these threads and makes the correct choice Leam Asa n Phil!

Then again i may win Fridays Lottery and we can all make the decision then!!!
zachy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..