Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree208Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 07:23   #46
Super Moderator

Re: Official accrington stanley supporters club

Fairly sure that LancsDave has passed on the "webmaster" details to those that need them.

I also believe from Dan that Lee Carter can easily add a "bit" on (section) like the Academy page for the OSC if asked.
Chubbyman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2015, 07:51   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
But as you will see Shaker , as soon as I opened that page it must be the most uninteresting website page you could possibly see! A new website needs to be professional as well as enticing!

What the osc needs is a website that has daily Stanley news on , a website where you can sign up and pay your membership for the supporters club, a place where you can order a supporters club scarf or badge. Another idea is to try and branch out to businesses to also sign up to osc. Why not have a weekly email to each OSC member giving you all the news from the week , prices , fixtures, offers, memorabilia in the club shop, events and a thank you for being a member.

They need a good and modern Facebook and Twitter account to mass out to the millions already on there!

Why not create a smart phone app ? Giving you the fixtures , latest news from the official website , news from the osc , videos from the player interviews and links to the goals from fixtures etc. It takes time but it's easily done.

There's so many ideas but like you say, Rome wasn't built in a day.....
I get where you're coming from mate, I do, but in my professional opinion (I run the website and social accounts for a large organisation which supports smaller subsidiaries) as well as in my personal capacity as a Stanley fan, I'd strongly advise against creating a new site for the OSC.

The amount of interactive features you're talking about is great, however it is highly demanding on content production. The OSC would have to guarantee that it would produce enough ongoing content to gain support on a separate site - otherwise it would go unnoticed as far as search results are concerned.

You also talk about an app - these, as a general rule of thumb, are either a) very expensive to build and maintain, or b) cheap and full of ads. The most successful apps that are not games are ones that are transactional, giving people the ability to perform multiple functions in one place. If the app only has one function (becoming a member), people will not download it. Apps are quickly becoming a thing of the past for small businesses for these reasons, but also because mobile browsers are becoming much better at rendering websites. Why pay for an app when your website does everything and the take up on the app isn't that great anyway?

In my opinion the pros of dovetailing on the ASFC official website far outweigh the cons for two main reasons:
  • Whenever ASFC publish a link to a news story via their social feeds, or whenever a person is browsing that site, there's a good chance they'll follow a link to the OSC to become a member. You already have an audience here; you wouldn't need to build one.
  • You would have no hosting, domain or support costs (if the club was being super stingy they would ask you to share a portion of their costs, but this shouldn't be anywhere near what you'd pay for a new site).
Creating new social feeds would be perfect. They're free, you have the benefit of making people admins who regularly use social media, and you can use them to link to content on the official website. You wouldn't need to procure half the amount of content you would for a website.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:18   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I also believe from Dan that Lee Carter can easily add a "bit" on (section) like the Academy page for the OSC if asked.

Was agreed to do that, just ran out of time to finalise it.

A section on the official website is best way forward at least short time. All supporter information in one place.

The demands of a website are very big in terms of keeping it fresh with news.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:24   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Not sure if you can now but you should be able to sign up to the OSC on the official website, Even if its in the "online shop" section, People from all over the world shop for Merchandise there so could help gain more members that way?
You can now and will be able to do so as long as the OSC require it. It's a bit lost at the moment becuase it doesn't come in to the categories for the retail but if the OSC had their own section it could be moved.

Accrington Stanley Supporters Club Membership 2014-2015 - Accrington Stanley FC
Old 05-02-2015, 18:55   #50
Senior Member+

Well my time isn't needed as it seems! Good luck the osc and hopefully you can generate more members by merging to the official site!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 18:58   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Well my time isn't needed as it seems! Good luck the osc and hopefully you can generate more members by merging to the official site!
Nothing was decided at the meet on Weds, just to look at all options, is how i understood it.
Old 05-02-2015, 19:04   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nothing was decided at the meet on Weds, just to look at all options, is how i understood it.
That's what the previous posts were, just options. Pro's an Cons whichever method is used. Whatever is decided at the meetings is what counts.
Old 18-02-2015, 10:33   #53

Good Morning

The next meeting of the OASSC is on Thursday 26th February 7.15pm in the Founders Lounge
ALL SUPPORTERS are very welcome, members and non members, all different supporter groups and all ages.
A major fundraising project will be launched on the night !!
Thank you to all those who are now members of the OASSC we have currently 111 paid up members.
We are awaiting the new batch of the pin badge to enable us to boost the membership over 200.
How can i become a member ?
Club shop forms on the counter and the lads behind the counter will give there assistance
Before and after the game in the Sports Bar see myself
By email [email protected]
mab, DAV007, yonmon and 1 others like this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 14:04   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
Good Morning

The next meeting of the OASSC is on Thursday 26th February 7.15pm in the Founders Lounge
ALL SUPPORTERS are very welcome, members and non members, all different supporter groups and all ages.
A major fundraising project will be launched on the night !!
Thank you to all those who are now members of the OASSC we have currently 111 paid up members.
We are awaiting the new batch of the pin badge to enable us to boost the membership over 200.
How can i become a member ?
Club shop forms on the counter and the lads behind the counter will give there assistance
Before and after the game in the Sports Bar see myself
By email [email protected]

Just got back from Portugal and the ASC badges have arrived in the post this morning,so a special thanks to Black Dragon Promotions for pulling out all the stops to get them to me before Friday.
cashman, mab, DAV007 and 2 others like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 22:32   #55
Senior Member+

At the over 50's walking football today young tearaway Robin Rylett presented me with a signed Stanley football from the season of our promotion back into the football league to help raise funds for the OASSC .Robin a very kind gesture many thanks.
MikeA and cashman like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 19:35   #56
Senior Member+

I am giving a box of football stuff to sell at the upcoming football fair - check your emails, Nick.It needs collecting soon in Ossie.
cashman, smobile and Chubbyman like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 09:26   #57

Thank you mr bob dobson for that
thank you to all those people who have donated programmes and shirts so far really appreciated
still more stuff wanted please, can collect as well

Thanks Nick
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 22-02-2015, 09:58   #58
Senior Member+

My new badge has come in for a lot of praise - it shows the borough coat of arms alongside a bottle of milk.
cashman likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 10:28   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It was designed by a young un Bob, Everyone ive spoke too thinks its great.
Old 22-02-2015, 12:54   #60

Bob they will be available to buy via a membership at your reunion on 7th march re portsmouth game

cheers nick

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..