Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2012, 18:06   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ok people let's take stock for a minute.

To be frank, the league could do far more to help smaller clubs, we have discussed this pre-match a few times, fer instance Port Vale ( who have a great support) on a midweek night, Exeter who like us have little support on Sat? would it be too difficult fer the League to have had fixtures like that,the other way round? Basically they do sod all to help the smaller clubs,regarding fixture list.
Old 27-08-2012, 18:18   #32
Super Moderator

Macca, not sure on ur questions, re analysis, again I think work in progress.

Cashy; the fixtures are a lottery, but we ask for those to reduce our costs.

Morecambe v Fleetwood is fully policed, no sales on the day= damp squib!!

We've got Fleetwwod on a Tuesday no police and Morecambe on a Saturday, also no police. We now have a good working relationship with Lancs finest and know what games to host when.

Don't forget Vales last two visits have nearly caused riots by their "mab mob"!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 18:19   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
incidentally, out of just over 200 home games (league only) in the last 9 years, Exeter, Barnet and Dagenham all feature twice in the bottom 10% (20 games) of attendances.

Barnet and Dagenham should both be games where we do everything possible to drag them in. The problem in the past with all games where we have done £5 entry is that the club has done very little to promote it. It gets mentioned in the Observer write up the day before, it gets mentioned once or twice on the website the week leading up. Far more could/should be done whilst remembering that they are 'loss leader' games
The Observer as with many local papers these days is probably the smallest marketing tool at the clubs disposal. To get a high take up on any promotion the club would have to pay for advertising space, and given it's circulation these days doubt that is value for money.

With regards to the previous point you made about the various issues at the club over the years I still think the bridges haven't been built between the club and the community at large. There have been massive steps taken with schools and colleges, and from what I can tell the bigger businesses seem to have started to trust the club again now it's better run, hence the only major sponsorship still missing is the ground itself.

There is an area full of small businesses, shops, factories, supermarkets etc that could give out leaflets for special promotions, and it would probably be cheaper to have 50,000 leaflets printed theses days than it would an advert in the Observer. You never know those small businesses may actually feel like the club is connecting with them
Old 27-08-2012, 18:47   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Just another thing to throw out there - the atmosphere has definitely suffered since Jase was banned.

I don't know the ins and outs of it. I don't even know the bloke but I know I started coming to the Stanley as a teenager 10 years ago and if it weren't for the atmosphere created behind the goals at Stanley I'd be going to Anfield 3 or 4 times a season rather than being a Stanley season ticket holder (even if I am in the mainstand these days) .
Good Point - Will be glad to see him back.

Ridiculous, over-reaction in every sense. Not long now.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 18:47   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The local forces radio here work with Monchengladbach & Hannover 96, they get free tickets (five pairs as give aways per home game) for answering sporting questions about the club involved multiple choice A,B or C. Usually a meet & greet is involved prior to the game & these winners tend to come back & bring friends.

Don't know if you could work along those lines to maybe get a few more in.
Old 27-08-2012, 18:53   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Macca, not sure on ur questions, re analysis, again I think work in progress.

Cashy; the fixtures are a lottery, but we ask for those to reduce our costs.

Morecambe v Fleetwood is fully policed, no sales on the day= damp squib!!

We've got Fleetwwod on a Tuesday no police and Morecambe on a Saturday, also no police. We now have a good working relationship with Lancs finest and know what games to host when.

Don't forget Vales last two visits have nearly caused riots by their "mab mob"!!
Hey, Don't pick on MAB
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 18:59   #37
God Member

Dave your on to something there, we did something similar with a local free newspaer a few years ago for a few hundred quid thousands of flyers printed and delivered with the paper direct on to people's doormats local radio competitions for tickets or hospitality that give the Club free plugs to thousands of listeners Bee & 2BR.

Lads and Dads Day, Bring a Friend Day, Ladies Day and Family Day all things that can be self advertising and specially priced accordingly to the target markets

We made a massive effort with the shares promotion in Accy and elsewhere and got plenty of publicity why can we not do the same with ticketing the commitment is the same investing in the Club for maybe a lifetime?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 19:00   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Just another thing to throw out there - the atmosphere has definitely suffered since Jase was banned.

I don't know the ins and outs of it. I don't even know the bloke but I know I started coming to the Stanley as a teenager 10 years ago and if it weren't for the atmosphere created behind the goals at Stanley I'd be going to Anfield 3 or 4 times a season rather than being a Stanley season ticket holder (even if I am in the mainstand these days) .
You are dead right. It was a terrible over-reaction by the police on that fatal day when Jase was clapped in irons for something and nothing, as I saw it. It is almost ridiculous to say that one individual could make such a difference, but Jase was a huge factor in our rise up the ladder and I will always feel bitter that the club seemingly did nothing to plead his case, in spite of assurances to the contrary. A real travesty of justice.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 19:05   #39
Super Moderator

Jase could appeal after 2 years have gone by.

He'd need support from the Club and the police, BUT it's in his court
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 19:08   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Good Point - Will be glad to see him back.

Ridiculous, over-reaction in every sense. Not long now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
You are dead right. It was a terrible over-reaction by the police on that fatal day when Jase was clapped in irons for something and nothing, as I saw it. It is almost ridiculous to say that one individual could make such a difference, but Jase was a huge factor in our rise up the ladder and I will always feel bitter that the club seemingly did nothing to plead his case, in spite of assurances to the contrary. A real travesty of justice.
Agree wi both of yeh twas a massive oer reaction, The thing that bothers me now, is "Will He Be Back"?
Old 27-08-2012, 19:13   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree wi both of yeh twas a massive oer reaction, The thing that bothers me now, is "Will He Be Back"?
The problem is when you take a break from football, it doesn't take long to find something else to spend your money and time on.
Old 27-08-2012, 19:15   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Jase could appeal after 2 years have gone by.

He'd need support from the Club and the police, BUT it's in his court
I thought it was only a 2 year ban so why appeal?
Old 27-08-2012, 19:24   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
I thought it was only a 2 year ban so why appeal?
Nah twas 3 nige as far as i know. n as dave says, it don't take long to find summat else to occupy yer sats.Plus if the lad thinks he was hard done by, why would he approach the club??? i sure as hell wouldn't.
Old 27-08-2012, 19:51   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah twas 3 nige as far as i know. n as dave says, it don't take long to find summat else to occupy yer sats.Plus if the lad thinks he was hard done by, why would he approach the club??? i sure as hell wouldn't.
cheers cashy gutted with that was looking forward to seeing the fella again come november was life and soul of home and away games
Old 27-08-2012, 19:54   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
cheers cashy gutted with that was looking forward to seeing the fella again come november was life and soul of home and away games
I aint seen him fer yonks nige n also have no idea what the score is, just hope he returns at some point, Jase was the Ultras fer me.

« Lancs Cup | Bbc »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..