Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 11:08   #1
God Member

Old Picture Project

I have been handed a bundle of old pictures.. around 100 given to me by Phil Terry.. Pics from games where you can clearly see the old terrace where main stand is, Pics from barbados, Pics from team lineups and presentations in the clubhouse.. theres allsorts in there and these pictures are taken by various poeple... these are not pre 68 pictures.

Whats the point of these being in someone drawer hidden away? I can't wait to get these scanned and get them online so everyone can see them. I am sure they will be populor. Pics by Roy Gabryzak, Terry Slinger, Steve Allen, Telegraph, Observer and others unamed.. these have been given to the club so now owned by the club.. and I am going to put them online on behalf of the club. The original Roy Gab pics are being given back to his family through Phil Whalley today but I ahve scanned them ready for sharing.

Point is... Have you got any old pictures you can share... there just scraps of paper if under yer bed... give them to me for scanning (or better still scan and send the file) and releasing... Where I know the author it will be clearly stated on the picture when published..

Theres no money going to be made by me out of this.. I would like to see the club offer prints for sale.. new and old.. But that wouldnt involve me making anyhting.. so send them in and share them.. Anything over 5 yrs old but post 1968 would be perfect
email me .... [email protected]
Old 30-12-2006, 16:05   #2
Member.

Re: Old Picture Project

This I’m looking forward too, any chance of getting them on tonight…….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:00   #3
Super Moderator

Sorry to be so impatient, Mr K, but when do you reckon you'll be posting these pics? I for one, am dying to see them!
Old 31-12-2006, 16:09   #4
God Member

No ones sent me any yet.... haa ya mean the ones already got?...hehe

Only scanned the first few of roys.. theres about a hundred left to scan and then they have to be put on web and have all the relative info from back of pic on them.... the rush for scanner was for a few originals that had to go back...

I think julie (AccyRed) is gonna start scanning this week..

Sorry didnt mean to give the impression it was imminant...
Old 31-12-2006, 16:27   #5
God Member

Neat stuff.I am about to head off for a weeks holi (no computer),but will be aching to get back and have a goosey at those pics.
Can't wait.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:44   #6
Super Moderator

OK, cheers to you and Julie for that, looking forward to seeing 'em!
Old 31-12-2006, 20:04   #7
God Member

Who is Rob Molloy? have pic with 4 people on and thats all there is on the back..
Old 31-12-2006, 20:08   #8
Member.

Not a name I've come across Mr K. Any chance of putting the pic up just in case anyone can recognise the Gentleman.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 20:13   #9
Super Moderator

Are you sure it's not Rob Mulloy? A very able goalkeeper of ours during the mid-1990's. I seem to remember that he even played for a Northern Premier League representative side. I think his career may have been curtailed by injury.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 31-12-2006 at 20:17. Reason: Johnniie Walker-induced dyslexia
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 20:14   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Who is Rob Molloy? have pic with 4 people on and thats all there is on the back..
He was a goalkeeper that played first team for Stanley in the early-ish 1990s.
Old 31-12-2006, 20:28   #11
God Member

The writing is scribbled on the back of most.. so best guess jobby

Old 31-12-2006, 20:31   #12
I am Banned

Mr K,

Speak to Phil Terry.

He often speaks about a Rob Mulloy, a goalkeeper who was at the club in the early NPL days.

Was a Colne lad ( still is a believe) and also played for a sort while at Bury FC.

Phil knows him well as they travelled over from Colne for a number of years together.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 20:31   #13
Senior Member+

Man of the Match awards. Mulloy in white shirt, 2 sponsors and the Black guy is an opposition player from........ at a guess, Winsford.
Old 31-12-2006, 20:32   #14
God Member

southerred.. i know.. phil gave me the pics... but a) i dont want to call him this time on new yrs eve and b) i wanted to give people summat to do
Old 01-01-2007, 09:24   #15
God Member

Rob Mulloy - keeper with huge hands who we signed from Crosshills. Made his debut against Chorley in the last game of a season, prob 93-94. Rob drew with them 1-1 and was excellent. Signed for us part way through the next season after much clamour from fans and management.

Played in the same team as Chris Molloy (fit sister) and Stewart Anderson and the three of them represented the NPL in the game staged at Crown 95-96.

Retired after about four years with us after seriously injuring his knee and never really recovering. Was kept out of the team that lost at Deepdale to Southport in the Lancs final by a certain Steve Berryman who was also injured and responsible for throwing two goals into the back of the net.

Rob also makes my Stanley all time dream team. Was mentioned by Lee Rogerson in No F in Roof issue 2 as the best player he ever played with who should have gone on to better things. Worked in and around farms and tractors. Lee said that he frequently turned up to training stinking of cow sh....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..