Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 15:59   #1
God Member

Sign of the times?

Staff cuts hit Stanley.............sad but true, check out the Official Site.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2011, 17:05   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Sign of the times?

Seen it, not good news, but im afraid to say inevitable.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 21:51   #3
Senior Member+

Where price increases a right move ?

Maybe a chance to offer standing for £10 to see if it could tempt the needed % of people to come to raise income ?

I know times are hard everywhere, but you dont just need to cut back, you need to try new things.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 22:06   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Where price increases a right move ?

Maybe a chance to offer standing for £10 to see if it could tempt the needed % of people to come to raise income ?

I know times are hard everywhere, but you dont just need to cut back, you need to try new things.
Agree on the above..,Big changes are afoot and not everyones gona like it .We're not just a football club but a family and this news is completly out of the blue,i'm gutted for thoses whos jobs are on the line,there not just staff who work for the club but friends of mine and yours.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:57   #5

Q our Mr Flanagan from the LET,jumping on this,and the thrill he will get being able to report on the negatives,instead of reporting on the build up to Wednesdays game.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24   #6
Member.

Have to agree with Simon and Mab. Times are going to get harder and the club needs to look for income generators; but if and when the ideas turn into practice you will need bodies. Cuts could undermine the club by restricting growth just when we need it. Is there no way of utilising the ground and the buildings for other activites without effecting the pitch. Its a big, big space just to be used a couple of days a week.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23   #7
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Cant believe who has been let go at the club unbelievable
Old 11-10-2011, 11:52   #8
Senior Member+

who has been let go mab?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:57   #9
Senior Member+

Set in this context, the £2 admission for the Tranmere game is excellent value. And to think that some people wanted free admission!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:19   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
who has been let go mab?
I have been told, but it is not definate, that Mark Turner has gone and Mick Shultz has been offered less hours.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:34   #11

I won't name ppl but this is a sad day for loyal ppl at the club,gutted to say the least for these ppl,these ppl stuck wiv the club through all the bad times when they could of easily walked away and their return is this,a disgrace!
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 13:03   #12
God Member

Disgrace? Like it or not we are in a severe recession the likes of which we haven't seen for decades. ASFC is no different from any other business inso much that it has to remain viable.

Yes its sad that people may have to take cuts in hours or even worse lose their jobs, but this is happening throughout the whole of business.

Sentiment, I'm afraid plays no part......harsh? Perhaps, true? Very.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 13:04   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Tis a very sad day,no doubt, until if n when the facts/reasons come to light, best to say nowt, its a hard world.
Old 11-10-2011, 13:37   #14

Yes cuts bks are needed! But loyal staff shudnt be snuffed at
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 14:37   #15
God Member

I feel sorry for anyone currently losing their job, here or anywhere else, and particularly if they are Stanley loyalists. I don't know who has gone or is going but you have to start with those who aren't paying their way. Mick was running the Gold Bond last I knew, so maybe that isn't doing as well as it could or should?

I haven't been to the club for a long time now so have no idea who works there, or how many, but for me these cuts were inevitable and I'm surprised it has taken so long. There was nothing last year to capitalise on the good year that we had or Ilyas taking over the club. April/May should have been huge for the club in terms of getting the message out, yet all we got was silence backed up by 70% season ticket hikes.

Six months have passed yet still there is no movement on the share issue (or have I missed it?) and we have seemingly no sign of a ground sponsor. There does appear to have been some signs of forward thinking, I like the sounds of the sponsor a school deal with the council, but there really isn't anything coming out of the club yet.

As times get harder week by week, then so people will further cut their cloth accordingly and the club will struggle even more to quarter fill the ground. Stanley, and it's community hub vision, need to be right at the forefront of trying to provide a source of family entertainment that is affordable to all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..