Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 21:34   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

For me best all round display of the season, against n Oxford side that were pretty uncompromising n a Ref who let em away with it, every man tonight pulled there tripe out, great credit to the new argy who i thought fer a first game was great, a damn good signing, I would give him a contract extension in the morning, We can get some serious money fer certain in my view,when the bigger clubs come sniffing. Have just read was James Roberts that missed that sitter, I actually thought Oxford had signed Crooks. PMSL

Last edited by cashman; 10-02-2015 at 21:37.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2015, 21:40   #32

Windlass! Hunt! Gornell! Bruna! All 11 Outstanding

And players don't want to play for Coleman........

On Stanley On
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Old 10-02-2015, 21:41   #33
Senior Member+

Cashy, I think you have summed that match up perfectly. Each man jack of the Stanley team was worth the red shirt tonight. They played with passion, they put their bodies on the line and that was a match and game well worth the money. I too would give Bruna an contract extension tomorrow morning. I can see him being a real crowd favourite. Terry Gornell put himself about. The one spoiler of the match was the referee, who was keen to pull play back for a foul that occurred a couple of minutes before for OUFC but wouldn't play advantage for Stanley when I thought Josh had scored a perfectly good goal! Hope Bucko' s injury isn't too serious. When I got to the match, I did wonder what the line up would play like, well now I know! On Stanley On.
cashman likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:43   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Also thought Proccy had his best match since his return, He was really up fer it tonight.
Old 10-02-2015, 21:44   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post

As a side note the commentators on Radio Oxford weren't happy chappies at the end grumbling about the injustice in true local radio style
Pray tell me what injustice could that possibly be?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:47   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Great result tonight. Phew. Well done all.
17 shots! Brilliant for Gornell to bag the winner in 'Murphy' time. How did Snr.Bruna do?
Can't wait for comments, drunk or sober.
I agree Exile. It was a much improved performance by the whole team. Snr Bruna had a very good game. Very close with one curling left footed free kick in the first half and he played in a similar way to how Pierro plays out wide. Second half he smacked a super shot from the left against the crossbar with their keeper well beaten. He looked quite fit too seeing that he might not have played much football recently.
The whole team played with a passion and fire that was called for! Procky had his best game since his return and hit one 'thunderous, drive very close! Terry Gornell had a great third debut! He acted as a target man but also turned his defenders well and laid off some great passes. He linked up with Bruna and Pierro as if he had been playing with them all season. He fully deserved his goal near the end. Although I fully expected the 'Numpty Referee' to cancel it out as Terry outjumped their keeper and defenders with a great early leap and he was strong in the air. As he fell down the ball bounced up for him and I think he hooked the ball in over his head as he was upside down!
The atmosphere was superb in The Clayton End and it was good to see more flags waving!
Stanley got stronger as the match continued and although Oxford played some good football and missed one 'Sitter' we eventually got on top of them in the second half. Deano looked more comfortable at Centre Back. Nicky hunt had a good solid game as did Rob Atkinson. Adam Buxton had a good game but perhaps he needs to be allowed to get this niggling injury out of his system. Scott Davies looked solid in goal and 'captained' the defence very well using his experience well. Captain Luke Joyce got better as the match went on and he played a much 'higher line' in the second half with Procky which is where I think they should be! Josh Windass had a really good match and ran and ran. Pierro was superb as usual and he covered so much ground in defence and going forward. Terry just edges the MOM performance for me taking into account his winning goal!
A great perfomance and result which could be a turning point now for the rest of the season. Well done to Coley, Jimmy and all the players and supporters for a super night!
My word, I will certainly sleep well tonight!!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:47   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I would guess that supposed foul on the keeper, Appleton was crying to the 4 th official oer it. He musta missed all the stuff they got away with.
Old 10-02-2015, 21:48   #38
Senior Member+

Hard working performance and finally a clean sheet.
Gornell was the focal point and was busy all night and give their CBs no thinking time and will only get better.
Although they had a few chances(created by ourselves),the keeper was never really tested.
We had numerous attempt,hitting the bar and post and their keeper making some terrific saves.
Positives,we played a very high line and was really solid and gornell was a great outlet.
Negatives --- there was a few,but let sleeping dogs lie
baldy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 21:58   #39

Miles better than recent performances, good to get a clean sheet and you never know but their lad missing the sitter may just be the turning point for us.

Thought Bruna had a promising debut and has some nice touches. Being critical (am sure F19 will be with me here!), 17 efforts on goal with only 3 on target is not a good enough hit rate
football19 likes this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 22:03   #40
Senior Member+

Jeg,I will let Yonmon with his wit and wisdom deal with our match assessment ,for once we agreed on most observations !!!
Old 10-02-2015, 22:03   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

After seeing the few attempts at Plymouth, i'll settle fer 17 tonight, sod it.
Old 10-02-2015, 22:07   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Poor ref, inconsistent decisions, not a free kick, foul on keeper, same situation happened to them earlier and no free kick, missed a sitter, not a great Accy team, you can come back from a refs mistake early on but not this late.

Think sore losers and what fans think any time their team loses. Was quite funny to listen to after we had won
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 22:14   #43
Senior Member+

Can't see why oxford are complaining,we dominated them for 90% of the game and they never applied any sustained pressure because of the high line we played.
Danny Hyland,who's scored 12 this season,is not as effective 40 yards from goal !!
Old 10-02-2015, 22:14   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We had some very poor Refs this season, But yon mon tonight ranks up yon wi the worst.
DAV007, yonmon and football19 like this.
Old 10-02-2015, 22:32   #45
Full Member+

Gunna have to loan more players out if crowds like 1,065 continue.

Oxford started the better and the four similar chances they had were blocked plus one over the bar, and Stanley had the free kick into the side netting and not too much more in the first half.

The crossbar at the start of the second half for and the open goal miss/slip kind of balanced each other out. Oxford had an overhead attempt across the face of the goal shortly before Stanley'scored, an I was in 'I'll take a point' mode.

I think both defences conceded a lot of chances but finishing on both side was poor.

The Joyce booking and free kick were spot on though, he clipped Hylton with his toe stopping a dangerous attack.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..