Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Oxford (H) match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/oxford-h-match-thread-67038.html)

DAV007 08-02-2015 12:02

Oxford (H) match thread

Don't care how, don't care who scores, don't care who plays, let's get 3 points and a clean sheet to stop the rot.

cashman 08-02-2015 12:28

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

3 Pts is a must in my view, trouble is i can't see how!:eek: just crossing fingers n hoping at the moment.

deeayess 08-02-2015 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1132571)
3 Pts is a must in my view, trouble is i can't see how!:eek: just crossing fingers n hoping at the moment.

Perhaps that's plan B :D

JIMSLAD 08-02-2015 19:23

Was there ever a plan A

cashman 08-02-2015 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSLAD (Post 1132620)
Was there ever a plan A

I shall plan it in the Greyhound on Tuesday.:D;)

DAV007 08-02-2015 20:19

well, im confident of a big win on tuesday.

When we played Oxford away (thanks again to chubbyman for the lift), we more than matched them until the sending off.

Oxford went on to win 3-1, but the scoreline flattered them IMO.

I dont rate their manager Michael Appleton

Chubbyman 08-02-2015 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1132625)
well, im confident of a big win on tuesday.

When we played Oxford away (thanks again to chubbyman for the lift), we more than matched them until the sending off.

Oxford went on to win 3-1, but the scoreline flattered them IMO.

I dont rate their manager Michael Appleton

That's a fair comment DAV as none of their fans rate our manager.

fc:stanley 09-02-2015 10:07

Let's just get behind the team on Tuesday! I'm confident we will get the result but if some of the players 'are' 'not fully with John and Jimmy' then let's at least give them a reason to get to winning ways for the fans!!

Has the club done any promotional push ? Should be trying to get a full crowd for this game and getting our season up and going !

Exile on Spencer St 09-02-2015 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 1132681)
.....Has the club done any promotional push ? Should be trying to get a full crowd for this game and getting our season up and going !

What, on the strength of five successive defeats? What do you reckon the strap-line should be?

fc:stanley 09-02-2015 11:49

Ok then smart ass lets just not promote a home league game! Makes even more sense to promote it and get people through the turnstiles since we've lost 5 on the bounce! If we'd won 5 on the bounce we wouldn't even need to

Everyone in for a 5ver!

cashman 09-02-2015 11:55

Not easy to promote anything wi no-one employed to do the commercial side of things, whilst we all know moneys tight, its the only avenue that could really improve our lot imho.:eek: The 3 employees work there nuts off, but commercial needs its own person.

football19 09-02-2015 12:05

i personally still think we are still "hung over" from our FA cup game against Yeovil and we have struggled to get it out of our system.
Hopefully now we have a different focus/pressure,avoiding relegation,which we have experience of.
We will now see who is up for the battles ahead and passion for the shirt,as this is real now and we need to stop the rot.

cashman 09-02-2015 12:36

I thought most of those who started at Plymouth were certainly up fer the fight,? Lidds also when he came on.

AsFc62 10-02-2015 08:37

Believe! I've back 5-1 at 200/1 and 4-1 at 66/1 lets thump em!

Fine line between optimism and stupidity but we can only dream folks

AsFc62 10-02-2015 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1132690)
Not easy to promote anything wi no-one employed to do the commercial side of things, whilst we all know moneys tight, its the only avenue that could really improve our lot imho.:eek: The 3 employees work there nuts off, but commercial needs its own person.

Completely Agree Cashy! Need someone in the club to do it until then there will be no real commercial focus. It leaves it down to the likes of valerian et Al to come up with ideas some of which I've not felt where the best but it's a real shame that they get shot down before they allowed to prosper! Anything is better than nothing I suppose

Beyond his wrong doings Rob Heys had it spot on commercially because he had the nouse and passion for Accrington Stanley