Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2018, 12:54   #1
God Member

Promotion Push Prices ... wow

We're going for it now 😀

Cambridge, Forest Green and Ye Old Ville at a tenner for adults, fiver for concessions and a squid a kid

As fans we REALLY need to start upping the hype around town, doing as much as we can to get the word out there, talking people into coming up etc.

Tenner plus winners hour bargains, Stanley is GIVING BACK, Lets got 'em in!
Old 26-01-2018, 12:55   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good Offer IMHO

Seems a continued attempt to attract people also help get us oer the line this season has brought a damn good offer of a Hat trick of games, which has appeared on the fishy site, so cmon you occasionals its a great way to help and get a real bargain to boot, Well Done Stanley.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 26-01-2018, 14:00   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Promotion Push Prices ... wow

If everyone can convince 1 person each to come it will be massive!

Now the club is now on a better financial footing and facilities improving its time we did our buy and encouraged work mates, neighbours,people in pub to get up to a game!

Never a better time!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:37   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We're going for it now ��

Cambridge, Forest Green and Ye Old Ville at a tenner for adults, fiver for concessions and a squid a kid

As fans we REALLY need to start upping the hype around town, doing as much as we can to get the word out there, talking people into coming up etc.

Tenner plus winners hour bargains, Stanley is GIVING BACK, Lets got 'em in!
It's NOT 3 games for a tenner, it's 4 you forgot the Morecambe game on the 6th March is also included in this deal

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 10:50   #5
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

3 games for £10 will this only apply if your buying all three games to gether?
Old 27-01-2018, 12:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
3 games for £10 will this only apply if your buying all three games to gether?
Doesn't say so Mab
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 12:29   #7
Full Member+

Just to avoid confusion, mab, it's not three games for a tenner. The poster states that it's per game but it doesn't say that you have to buy all three to get those prices
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 08:19   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Just to avoid confusion, mab, it's not three games for a tenner. The poster states that it's per game but it doesn't say that you have to buy all three to get those prices
its a good deal for non season ticket holder regulars. its p----g against the wind as far as locals are concerned i,m afraid.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:15   #9
God Member

Needs to be advertised well - posters, flyers around town & in schools, colleges, local papers & radio roped in too as well as regulars letting people know by word of mouth otherwise it won't work
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 17:04   #10

Is there a marketing person at Stanley? Do they have a customer database? (I can’t say I’ve ever had an email from them). Do they market effectively on social media?

Something else for Andy H’s huge to-do list I would guess.

To add to Accymad’s comment - offers like these will be even more effective if people know about them.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 17:34   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its a good deal for non season ticket holder regulars. its p----g against the wind as far as locals are concerned i,m afraid.
Not really as it’s still cheaper being a season ticket holder!

If it’s what’s needed to build our fan base then as a season ticket holder I’m more than happy for these promotions!
Old 28-01-2018, 18:04   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Is there a marketing person at Stanley? Do they have a customer database? (I can’t say I’ve ever had an email from them). Do they market effectively on social media?

Something else for Andy H’s huge to-do list I would guess.

To add to Accymad’s comment - offers like these will be even more effective if people know about them.
They must, as I do , occasionally not regularly .
Old 28-01-2018, 19:58   #13

I applaud the club for this incentive to attract more fans to the Wham.
However, it pales into insignificance compared to what's happening at Notts County.
Owner Alan Hardy has slashed all ticket prices to just £2 for their match against Crewe, to celebrate the anniversary of his first year in charge.
Notts are anticipating a crowd of about 16,000, they are approaching 11,000 tickets sold so far - one supporter has splashed out on 400 tickets!
Crewe have already sold-out their initial allocation, with more tickets on the way.
Yes, gate receipts will be around £32k, but the stadium will be full of punters who only need to spend another £2 each on a pie or pint to double it.
Don't we have an anniversary coming up Mr Holt????
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 07:56   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Needs to be advertised well - posters, flyers around town & in schools, colleges, local papers & radio roped in too as well as regulars letting people know by word of mouth otherwise it won't work
that is the only way our gates will really go up if its advertised properly. if any club needs promotion its us.
Old 29-01-2018, 08:00   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Not really as it’s still cheaper being a season ticket holder!

If it’s what’s needed to build our fan base then as a season ticket holder I’m more than happy for these promotions!
not putting my victor meldrew hat on when mentioning the ticket price incentive and i,m happy the club is trying something as a season ticket holder myself but without more advertising it will fall on deaf ears as others in the past have done.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..