Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2009, 08:56   #1

Thumbs up Quality Fans

Just wanted to praise the Stanley lot that travelled down last night. In all my time going to Loftus Road, I don't think I've seen a set of fans that could rival your lots. Stanley only had the lower tier, but never stopped singing and dancing. The closest anyone's come in recent years would be the Blackpool lot; they're always fairly vocal but considering the numbers you had, it was unbeatable! The flags etc worked to great effect. My girlfriend was saying "I wish I was over there with that lot!" Your team outplayed us and for spells of the game, and it was good to see QPR fans cheer the consolation goal and applaud your fans at the end. Good luck for the rest of the season, lads!

Last edited by QPR Brad; 26-08-2009 at 09:01.
QPR Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2009, 09:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Quality Fans

Thanks very much, we might have small crowds, but the Ultras make up for that in vocal support wherever we play.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 12:08   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QPR Brad View Post
My girlfriend was saying "I wish I was over there with that lot!"
you should have sent her over - we'd have made her welcome

in all seriousness, last night was great and was how football should be. There wasn't a hint of aggression from anybody inside or outside the stadium. Every QPR fan I spoke to around the pubs was pleasant and wished us luck. But what really made the night was the ovation we got as we walked past the Springbok pub - magic.

Thanks to everybody who went for a fantastic night and one that will be talked about for a long time.

fishy site recognition as well!
Old 26-08-2009, 12:16   #4

how many accy fans where at the match
Old 26-08-2009, 12:43   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
you should have sent her over - we'd have made her welcome

in all seriousness, last night was great and was how football should be. There wasn't a hint of aggression from anybody inside or outside the stadium. Every QPR fan I spoke to around the pubs was pleasant and wished us luck. But what really made the night was the ovation we got as we walked past the Springbok pub - magic.

Thanks to everybody who went for a fantastic night and one that will be talked about for a long time.

fishy site recognition as well!
well pleased to hear that,was good that all the travelling numpties were at upton park.
Old 26-08-2009, 14:12   #6
Senior Member+

on the subject of numpties, we are 1 of just 2 teams that did not incurr any banning orders last season. Have a look at the link it makes quite interesting reading.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documen...08?view=Binary
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 14:42   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Who were the two arrested at away games for alcohol offences?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 17:06   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Is this a new competition? Guess the numpty?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 19:16   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I think I could hazard a pretty good guess, but no names, no pack drill etc etc.

Back on the original topic, Accrington Stanley FC have been very gracious in applauding the attendees to the QPR match and publishing it on the web site. This is very much a step in the right direction in acknowledgment of the fan base that Stanley has.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 19:29   #10
Super Moderator

So, so proud of the Accy fans last night, at half time wanted to come and join them, but couldn't find the exit!!!

When they were leaving the ground, everybody in the "posh bit" went to the windows to watch.

The QPR board have put in a transfer bit to try and liven up the "atmosphere" at Lofus road!!

When we scored, most of the fans that were left did stand to applaud, never ever seen that before!!

The songs were apt and the noise fantastic!!

THANK YOU AND WELL DONE

SEE YOU IN THE BARS FOR A BEER or two!!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 19:35   #11
Senior Member+

I'm pretty sure I know who the two were!!! But I'm not gonna name names either.

Most important to remember is whilst everyone else in london last night was losing their heads outside (and judging by the damage to the seats inside) Upton Park, both our fans and those of QPR were giving a great demonstration of what it is to be a football fan in 2009 and representing their clubs with humour, dignity and pride. Not the violence thuggery and abuse that is more 1989 than 2009.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 20:15   #12
rob

on a night that will be talked about for all the wrong reasons for days, weeks, months and perhaps years to come, we showed what football was all about.

of course we were all gutted that we didn't get the third round tie away at old trafford that would have solved all our problems, but i have spent all day taking calls and answering emails from new friends of the club, all down to the folk stood behind the goals.

we won a lot of support and respect last night from people that had only heard about us from some milk advert that i am too young to remember (?), we should all be very proud to be stanley today.

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 20:46   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
had only heard about us from some milk advert that i am too young to remember (?),
rob
Well done to all concerned, it's even had the effect of making some people so confused they have become deluded
Old 26-08-2009, 20:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
we should all be very proud to be stanley today.

rob
Today and every day but especially today.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 20:55   #15
God Member

Quote:
but i have spent all day taking calls and answering emails from new friends of the club, all down to the folk stood behind the goals.
well I hope we make some money from that in some sort of sponsorship!

you know em all by name Rob so remember em when your near the bar!!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..