Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By st06nc2
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 2 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 2 Post By ferret man

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 16:36   #1
Senior Member+

Rather disappointing

I doubt if anyone will remember that awful home game against Mansfield last September. The biggest cheers of the night came at half time when the Stanley walking football team played against my walking football team from Weston-super-Mare.

We are planning another northern tour for the autumn and we were hoping to play against a Stanley team once again at half time during a League game. But this year we are told that we must buy tickets for the game. Others may disagree but I find that to be a disappointing decision. Last year, our players (and WAGS) spent enough in the shop to more than pay for the cost of the complimentary tickets that we were given.

Stanley's approach is very different from that of another Lancashire club which has offered us free tickets - and we are not even playing their walking football team.

As I say, others may disagree. But I am disappointed and I doubt if we will be coming to Accrington. Our players were not happy, to say the least, when I mentioned it to them.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2017, 16:38   #2
I am Banned

Re: Rather disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I doubt if anyone will remember that awful home game against Mansfield last September. The biggest cheers of the night came at half time when the Stanley walking football team played against my walking football team from Weston-super-Mare.

We are planning another northern tour for the autumn and we were hoping to play against a Stanley team once again at half time during a League game. But this year we are told that we must buy tickets for the game. Others may disagree but I find that to be a disappointing decision. Last year, our players (and WAGS) spent enough in the shop to more than pay for the cost of the complimentary tickets that we were given.

Stanley's approach is very different from that of another Lancashire club which has offered us free tickets - and we are not even playing their walking football team.

As I say, others may disagree. But I am disappointed and I doubt if we will be coming to Accrington. Our players were not happy, to say the least, when I mentioned it to them.
That's the new regime, they're more interested in making money than looking after fans and visitors
Chrisr likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 19:47   #3
God Member

Poor do.
Do they ask the kids' teams that often play at half-time to buy tickets?
You should bill the MD for providing some entertainment last September.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 23:38   #4

Who could forget the sheer entertainment this provided last September.
The whole Clayton End were unanimous in their appreciation of the superb skills of the 'not so speedy' WAGS.
This decision ranks along side the refusal to allow the Leyton Orient fans to make a bucket collection to help save their club from extinction - only rescinded after a hail of criticism from Stanley fans.
Coming from a so called 'family friendly club', they certainly have a knack for shooting themselves in the foot on a regular basis.
Another self-inflicted 'egg-on-face' fiasco before the seasons even started.
st06nc2 and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:30   #5

I remember watching and thinking I'll be old enough to play next year haha.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 13:22   #6
Full Member+

I also enjoyed the half time entertainment so to start the ball rolling (pun intended)I will donate a match day ticket to the team.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..