Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42   #61
Resting In Peace

Re: Ray Putterill & Stanley in trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Err...it's 42 days + 7days - which suggests a second offence. But I may be wrong.
I believe that Halewood Town appealed the suspension and were un-successfull, consequently another 7 days were added to the suspension for failing in their appeal.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2010, 09:53   #62
Resting in Peace

Having watched this thread grow, I can't understand why on earth is the disciplinary system for amateurs so different to the pro game, so many days suspension etc. if all of footy was run the same way i. e. games ban not days, could make it all so much more easier, well it would to me, but even then all the necessary checks would have to be made by clubs
Old 09-09-2010, 10:03   #63
Senior Member+

Bedreds , you are out of order bringing the " winnards " name into this discussion , I have watched deano play since he was 10 and i continue to do so ( i am not his dad , although i wish i had his money lol ! ).
Although they dont read these forums its still out of order to mention there names.
I will however be careful now on what i say when things are said over a pint or two. ( chinese whispers come to mind ! )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:31   #64
Senior Member+

Halewood Town version:
Banned Accrington Stanley player is not malicious, says Halewood boss (From Lancashire Telegraph)
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:57   #65
Senior Member+

Amature football punishments are required to be tougher to support referee's and give the county some muscle.

As previously stated, to get a 42 day ban from the Liverpool FA requires a serious breach of rules.

Do we know what he did?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Amature football punishments are required to be tougher to support referee's and give the county some muscle.

As previously stated, to get a 42 day ban from the Liverpool FA requires a serious breach of rules.

Do we know what he did?
read mikes link on post above davo, don't seem very serious to me.
Old 09-09-2010, 13:23   #67
Senior Member+

Swearing at a ref after a game is a big issue.
At the level of halewood town, referee's have a hard time and must be shown respect. The failure of the player to attend the hearing looks bad and wouldnt have helped his cause.
Unfortunatly some players continue to ignore the respect campaign so heavy penalties are enforced.
Im sure the league hand out bigger penalties if the ref is abused after the game as opposed to during.
Old 09-09-2010, 14:04   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Swearing at a ref after a game is a big issue.
At the level of halewood town, referee's have a hard time and must be shown respect. The failure of the player to attend the hearing looks bad and wouldnt have helped his cause.
Unfortunatly some players continue to ignore the respect campaign so heavy penalties are enforced.
Im sure the league hand out bigger penalties if the ref is abused after the game as opposed to during.
if he swore at the ref is debateable to me, seeing the opposition manager submitted that he never heard him. ok he was found guilty, in abscence, i'm sure players make plans ahead, n if ya happen to get a suspension later ya can't always change em, they gotta life outside football, so can't see abscence as a big deal.
Old 09-09-2010, 22:19   #69
Senior Member+

Cashman

I am posting from my experience of dealing with Liverpool FA, if your going to appeal it helps if you attend.
Old 09-09-2010, 22:30   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashman

I am posting from my experience of dealing with Liverpool FA, if your going to appeal it helps if you attend.
Aint disputing that davo, just making n observation that people have lives outside football, if ya made prior arrangements, that fer whatever reason ya can't change, its one explanation.as no-one knows the real facts until they come out its a speculation.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06   #71
Senior Member+

odd one this was razor that desperate to get back into pro footy that he wouldn't say anything and with the level of footy in question is it neglect on the club for not checking or just good honest stanley stupidity (jeff i know your answer) quite similar to the lad at bradford on a police charge that didn't declare it.....desperate football players that want to play the game as apposed to falling back into a menial job with no chance of realising their their ambition....stupid but understandable!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:00   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
odd one this was razor that desperate to get back into pro footy that he wouldn't say anything and with the level of footy in question is it neglect on the club for not checking or just good honest stanley stupidity (jeff i know your answer) quite similar to the lad at bradford on a police charge that didn't declare it.....desperate football players that want to play the game as apposed to falling back into a menial job with no chance of realising their their ambition....stupid but understandable!
Its not even understandable nige you'l get found out everytime
Old 10-09-2010, 09:04   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Having watched this thread grow, I can't understand why on earth is the disciplinary system for amateurs so different to the pro game, so many days suspension etc. if all of footy was run the same way i. e. games ban not days, could make it all so much more easier, well it would to me, but even then all the necessary checks would have to be made by clubs

Even more stupid is that if he gets sent off for Stanley first team, he can still play for the reserves, keeping his match fitness at a good level.

County ban is from all football
Old 10-09-2010, 09:23   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Even more stupid is that if he gets sent off for Stanley first team, he can still play for the reserves, keeping his match fitness at a good level.

County ban is from all football
Are you sure Dave, if thats the case, things do need to change and PDQ
Old 10-09-2010, 09:30   #75

Football19: Apologies. Putting two and two together and getting 5 it seems. Would have sent you a PM to apologise but can't remember how!

However, IF what you suggested earlier on is true, it may give the player and Stanley some wriggle room. I presume that the club are aware of any concerns. (no answer needed - rhetorical question).

Missing a player for a long time will be a blow, but I'm sure that there are players waiting to take their chance (step forward Chris Turner???)

Last edited by BedsRed; 10-09-2010 at 09:32.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..