Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 07:42   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Right winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Where has jonno gone?
loan spell ended on the 7th Jan.

BRFC terminated his contract with them and he's signed for Carlisle on an 18th month deal.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2017, 08:23   #17
God Member

billy kee needs help up front. he,s needed it all season but some just can,t see it. only 2 other clubs in the football league have scored less than us i think.
Chrisr likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:47   #18

The best help we can give Billy Kee is to put some accurate crosses into the penalty box, instead of passing him the ball when he's surrounded by defenders on the halfway line.
Keep Clark on the left & put the boy wonder on the right wing with instructions to stay there, so the defence always have the option to clear down the wings, which are usually wide open spaces.
McConville seems to think he can adopt any position he likes, popping up in the centre, or even the opposite side of the field.
Disappointed we couldn't hang on to Jonno, but I suppose Carlisle were able to offer more attractive terms.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:54   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
McConville seems to think he can adopt any position he likes, popping up in the centre, or even the opposite side of the field.
How do you know he hasn't been instructed to switch and move around?

Many wingers these days switch wings and move around as every man has a player to mark but if their RB is marking Sean and Sean is on the other wing, who's marking who?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:37   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
How do you know he hasn't been instructed to switch and move around?

Many wingers these days switch wings and move around as every man has a player to mark but if their RB is marking Sean and Sean is on the other wing, who's marking who?
Who knows what instructions he receives?
All I know is he rarely seems to be in the right place at the right time.
I'm no expert, but I know most teams play their own system. I can't think of any other player who appears to have the freedom to go where he wants.
On Saturday we gave Boro the freedom of the wings, but rarely used the space ourselves when the opportunity arose.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:08   #21
Senior Member+

Gary Roberts, Bobby Grant and Josh Windass used to "appear to have the freedom to go where they want"...It's tactics, gone or the 4-4-2 days where wingers had to hog their own touchline!

Also, Are you insinuating Sean is ignoring every insctruction given to him by Coley and Jimmy?

Absolute nonsense!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-02-2017, 14:19   #22
God Member

The four musketeers...Roberts, Grant, Windass, and....McConville!
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 16:12   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Also, Are you insinuating Sean is ignoring every insctruction given to him by Coley and Jimmy?

Absolute nonsense!
I'm not insinuating anything of the sort & I'm the first to praise him when it's justified.
My opinion is based purely on what I see occur in each game.
The title of this thread is 'Right Winger' and all I'm suggesting is that Sean would be more effectively used down the right wing, providing crosses into the box for Billy Kee.
I want to see him running into space on the wing to give our defence options for a killer pass.
I respect your opinion, but his contribution against Boro last Saturday was insignificant.
That had less to do with his ability (which he has) and more to do with his positional sense, or lack of it.
Old 02-02-2017, 17:41   #24
Senior Member+

So the cincensus is Clark in the left and McConville on the right. Hope you're right .......
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 18:59   #25
Full Member+

I would like to see Donacien play right wing further up with the new lads we can play a wider game and stretch teams more than we have been doing. It looks promising.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 20:37   #26
I am Banned

Husin can play anywhere in midfield so he'll probably be put there
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 20:47   #27
Senior Member+

In place of who ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:10   #28
God Member

Aaron Davies will probably lose his place again although based on his last two performances he doesn't deserve to, thought he played well against both Carlisle & Middlesbrough
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:23   #29
Full Member+

We have the players, We just can't seem to get the mixture right. we have all said the same about the way we play. Yet nothing seems to change. communication is still a big problem within the team. Every home game I have seen for the last few seasons are the same. Piero, Jon O sullivan, were out on their own and had to go way out of position to get the ball. How often do you see a long wide pass to the wingers. This is down to not having a strong experienced centre midfielder who can hold the ball up or spread the play as needed. we now have the players who have shown they can do this. it is time for a big change in tactics as we have become to easy to neutralise. But I will be there tomorrow to watch us take three points from a struggling Nottingham side, Coley has called it right when he said both teams should be battling at the top of the league. but that is football.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:44   #30

'This is down to not having a strong experienced centre midfielder who can hold the ball up or spread the play as needed. we now have the players who have shown they can do this.'

Who do you mean?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..