Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2013, 19:08   #61

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

Well, I have my forum name on the back of my shirt...... Not seen anybody else's since 'SHOTGUN', & the least said about that the better!!!

My real name is Gerard!!

(intended this to follow post 58, Rev red!)

Last edited by KiTChener; 14-03-2013 at 19:11.
KiTChener is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2013, 19:53   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Maybe we need to have an open and frank discussion on what's in our own best interests as supporters and what's in the best interest of the club.

If we where in the mire I'd want to know, and know what was being done to elevate the situation; if we have a cash flow problem surly that should remain an internal management issue and out of the public/supporters domain.

How do we balance these matters, what is in our best interests.
I doubt most clubs financial affairs are made known to the fans apart from the annual accounts.
Old 14-03-2013, 20:02   #63
bdc

I am not surprised we are struggling with cash flow but surely if we had these issues on the 1st March, how could we afford to sign Jeffers? Wouldn't it make more sense to move some players out on loan if we are short of money to fund loan signings of our own?

We need to find a way of increasing crowds to improve cash flow, stating the obvious I know but surely we could look at what Morecambe did against Dagenham and try letting people in for free for one game. Their form has improved ever since that game and they have moved up the table to the top half. The players would respond in a positive way to a big crowd behind them and this may help us to get improved results. We did it against Torquay a few years ago and we got 4000 plus on and we got the result we needed.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 20:08   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I am not surprised we are struggling with cash flow but surely if we had these issues on the 1st March, how could we afford to sign Jeffers?
From the Telegraph

Quote:
Stanley last week signed Francis Jeffers, pairing him with fellow former England international James Beattie up front on Tuesday, but say that has not made any impact on finances.

“People will look at the two big name strikers but they aren’t on a lot of money, they are playing for expenses,” Heys added.
Old 14-03-2013, 20:10   #65

Well remember that game against Torquay... I had been admitted to hospital the day before, & listened to the commentary, courtesy of a mini radio provided by my loved ones!
As I remember it, Cav scored with a free kick in last minute or so.
Still didn't leave me feeling any better tho'!
Old 14-03-2013, 20:13   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Well remember that game against Torquay...
I remember it to, I didn't get in because the ground was full
Old 14-03-2013, 20:20   #67

Quote:
I am not surprised we are struggling with cash flow but surely if we had these issues on the 1st March, how could we afford to sign Jeffers? Wouldn't it make more sense to move some players out on loan if we are short of money to fund loan signings of our own?

We need to find a way of increasing crowds to improve cash flow, stating the obvious I know but surely we could look at what Morecambe did against Dagenham and try letting people in for free for one game. Their form has improved ever since that game and they have moved up the table to the top half. The players would respond in a positive way to a big crowd behind them and this may help us to get improved results. We did it against Torquay a few years ago and we got 4000 plus on and we got the result we needed.
From what I recall their chairman saying afterwards, they didn't lose any money on the night they did that, as had extra sales on food, drink, programmes etc that compensated for the gate revenue. Too late for us to consider for the next 2 vital home games, but depending how those results go, it's an option our board should think over for another home game (or two) as every player will tell you they'd prefer to play in front of larger crowds.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 20:25   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Well remember that game against Torquay..
By time I got to ground, found someone sat in my seat. Explained to steward that it was my season ticket seat but that didn't matter a jot in the chaos and ended up wet through on Coppice Terrace!
Old 14-03-2013, 20:32   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
From what I recall their chairman saying afterwards, they didn't lose any money on the night they did that, as had extra sales on food, drink, programmes etc that compensated for the gate revenue. Too late for us to consider for the next 2 vital home games, but depending how those results go, it's an option our board should think over for another home game (or two) as every player will tell you they'd prefer to play in front of larger crowds.
that wouldn't do much for us though as we get a set fee from the food sellers regardless of crowd and drink sales are limited to the rabbit hutches out in the weather. The Globe has decent bar areas and they own all the concession revenues.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 20:40   #70

Cheapskate!!
If you'd let me know, you could have had my ticket!
The one I'd paid for!!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 14-03-2013 at 20:43. Reason: I was trying to reply to post 66
Old 14-03-2013, 20:44   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
that wouldn't do much for us though as we get a set fee from the food sellers regardless of crowd and drink sales are limited to the rabbit hutches out in the weather. The Globe has decent bar areas and they own all the concession revenues.
Thanks for the clarity. Wasn't aware of commercial arrangement with food retailer, so copying that idea may not be so straightforward for us
Old 14-03-2013, 21:22   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Because its a football club, and our football club, loads of people are interested and its a nationally and internationally reported story.
I am told it was covered as the 2nd sports news story on BBC north west tonight.
It was mentioned prior to rio ferdinands shock re-instatement to the England squad.
Why did the BBC decided to give it so much prominence?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 21:29   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
......... surely we could look at what Morecambe did against Dagenham and try letting people in for free for one game.
Don't know how we'll it's worked for them every home game, but on Tuesday their crowd was 22 fewer than ours ...........
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:05   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I am told it was covered as the 2nd sports news story on BBC north west tonight.
It was mentioned prior to rio ferdinands shock re-instatement to the England squad.
Because bad news is preferable to good, as far as the British Bollocking Corporation is concerned!
Old 15-03-2013, 08:55   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
To give idiots like you something to post about !
DAV007 likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..