View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 20:20   #67
Jeg Red

Re: Rob Heys on lancs radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I am not surprised we are struggling with cash flow but surely if we had these issues on the 1st March, how could we afford to sign Jeffers? Wouldn't it make more sense to move some players out on loan if we are short of money to fund loan signings of our own?

We need to find a way of increasing crowds to improve cash flow, stating the obvious I know but surely we could look at what Morecambe did against Dagenham and try letting people in for free for one game. Their form has improved ever since that game and they have moved up the table to the top half. The players would respond in a positive way to a big crowd behind them and this may help us to get improved results. We did it against Torquay a few years ago and we got 4000 plus on and we got the result we needed.
From what I recall their chairman saying afterwards, they didn't lose any money on the night they did that, as had extra sales on food, drink, programmes etc that compensated for the gate revenue. Too late for us to consider for the next 2 vital home games, but depending how those results go, it's an option our board should think over for another home game (or two) as every player will tell you they'd prefer to play in front of larger crowds.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote