Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2011, 15:14   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: Sign of the times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bob View Post
Take a moment to think about Mick S. He put his heart and soul into the club, often working 60-70 hours for an absolute pittance. He has been well and truly sh.. on from a great height. He brought many volunteers into the club, who I suspect will no longer be offering their services.
The Club is a business and it obviously cannot afford the wages and Ilyas cannot keep paying people out of his own pocket. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you pay the wages.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2011, 15:53   #47

Does anyone actually know whats happenin about this new share issue campaign?

Leaflets everywhere on wednesday, and been mentioned in observer and the LET, but yet nothing on the website (as usual) and all it says is text a mobile number of some random bloke, which doesnt seem very reliable.....

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 16:44   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post

Leaflets everywhere on wednesday, and been mentioned in observer and the LET, but yet nothing on the website (as usual) and all it says is text a mobile number of some random bloke, which doesnt seem very reliable.....
From what I can gather, you can pick up a brochure after the game on saturday and the actual launch is next Friday night
Old 14-10-2011, 22:04   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post

If you check out 'Club Details' on the fishy site that 'random bloke'
is listed as the General Manager.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 22:08   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i note these shares are actually "C" shares, the S.O.S. shares were "B"shares, i assume there are also "A" shares? would someone please explain whats the difference between the different types of share? cos being a numpty i aint a clue,n these things i reckon must be considered.
Old 14-10-2011, 22:11   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bob View Post
Take a moment to think about Mick S. He put his heart and soul into the club, often working 60-70 hours for an absolute pittance. He has been well and truly sh.. on from a great height. He brought many volunteers into the club, who I suspect will no longer be offering their services.
Well said that man, 12 years Mick was there doing a sterling job most of which was unseen by the fans and then he,s asked to take a 40% pay cut it,s a joke.
I was one of the many volunteers cajoled by Mick to get involved and at this moment in time I am in two minds as whether I continue or not. having said that I probably will in some capacity as the survival and growth of our little football club is very important to me.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 22:19   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i note these shares are actually "C" shares, the S.O.S. shares were "B"shares, i assume there are also "A" shares? would someone please explain whats the difference between the different types of share? cos being a numpty i aint a clue,n these things i reckon must be considered.
The A shares were released first, the B shares second and the third will be the C shares.

I presume the detail will be in the brochure, fairly sure they will all be equal in terms of voting
Old 14-10-2011, 22:23   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Only two basic differences between "A," "B" and "C" shares Cashy.
1) The date of issue.
2) The cost price which depended on (1).

Common to all shares is that they carry a vote at an AGM - simples!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 22:24   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The Club is a business and it obviously cannot afford the wages and Ilyas cannot keep paying people out of his own pocket. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you pay the wages.
yeh JEFF you are right the club is a business and I totally agree Ilyas cant keep paying out of his own pocket, but without a fulltime safety officer/general dogs body how long do you think its gonna be before the club is in the serious do da with the powers that be!!!!!!
in my opinion not long. And while we are on the subject I would not have got out of bed for the pittance Mick was paid and then he,s asked to take a 40% pay cut I don,t blame him for walking.
Old 14-10-2011, 22:26   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Only two basic differences between "A," "B" and "C" shares Cashy.
1) The date of issue.
2) The cost price which depended on (1).

Common to all shares is that they carry a vote at an AGM - simples!
Cheers sherry, its good to see you aint a numpty.
Old 14-10-2011, 23:03   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
yeh JEFF you are right the club is a business and I totally agree Ilyas cant keep paying out of his own pocket, but without a fulltime safety officer/general dogs body how long do you think its gonna be before the club is in the serious do da with the powers that be!!!!!!
in my opinion not long. And while we are on the subject I would not have got out of bed for the pittance Mick was paid and then he,s asked to take a 40% pay cut I don,t blame him for walking.
Its not totally about the pay cut but it doesn't help
Old 15-10-2011, 06:42   #57

Talking Re: Sign of the times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Its not totally about the pay cut but it doesn't help
Yep obviously both you and I know of the other issue,s that have resulted in Micks departure, but being gentlemen we will keep it to ourselves and not open it for debate on here. In the end I don,t think he had any option but to leave as he is no different than the rest of us with bills to pay etc, I spoke to him on Thursday and IMHO he is gutted about the situation but on the upside is looking forward to being able to watch a game (wherever it my be) from a fans prospective.
Old 15-10-2011, 07:33   #58
God Member

Exclamation Re: Sign of the times?

Crown Ground, or Deepdale????????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 07:46   #59

Highbury I think, Fleetwood to me and you lol
Old 17-10-2011, 12:39   #60
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Well said that man, 12 years Mick was there doing a sterling job most of which was unseen by the fans and then he,s asked to take a 40% pay cut it,s a joke.
The minimum wage is now £6.08 per hour so Mick must have been offered at least that. If he has had a 40% pay cut he must have been on at least £10.00 per hour before the 40% cut. I don't think that £10.00 per hour is a pittance as some people call it.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..