Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2017, 18:22   #361
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Mab, is this some form of new contract where we'll be paid in pies?????
We may be after Akinfenwa that could be the reason?
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 28-07-2017, 08:28   #362
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We may be after Akinfenwa that could be the reason?
dressing room is too small at the moment, would need to change in his car before the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 11:59   #363
God Member

Paul Cook willing to listen to offers for Omar Bogle now he would get some goals.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 14:25   #364
Senior Member+

Apparently want £800k for him and it's really peed off the Wigan fans whose wraith for the snake appears to be growing especially as they want to bring in one Gary Roberts and Noel Hunt and bin out Bogle
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-07-2017, 17:50   #365
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

NewsNow: Loading story...
Old 28-07-2017, 19:14   #366

The interest from Bradford City & now Leeds in our players speaks volumes of the background work the management have put in to produce players worthy of playing at a much higher level.
The first team & academy coaches should be congratulated on achieving such success on what must be a shoestring budget.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 19:19   #367
Super Moderator

Our Cat 3 Academy has a very generous PL funding; just under £300k pa plus the club contributes more than the minimum required. This is currently the case and was the same under Peter Marsden's reign.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 01:17   #368
God Member

I see that Morecambe have signed a Kiwi ,Steve Old. He went to primary school with my eldest girl and his dad was an All Black. Glad Steven chose the right sport.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 11:15   #369

How "Home Grown"Ross Sykes has never been given a chance to prove himself in a Stanley shirt and so easily allowed to go for a trial at Leeds beggars belief. What is the reason for constantly overlooking this talented,ambitious 17 year old week after week? I don't understand the idea of bringing through a young player to the point of getting on the bench and then blocking his progress from that point on. What ever is the outcome of this situation, I wish Ross the very best for his future and should he prove to be successful at another club then I will begin to wonder what criteria is applied by management to get selected to play.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 11:40   #370
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I will begin to wonder what criteria is applied by management to get selected to play.
we have all wondered this in the past especially when those out of form were selected week after week. at the end of the day coley might trust some players more than others to carry out his game plan and rate some higher than others. don,t think he,s got a downer on young players as he,s signed plenty on loan. it could be just our home grown ones that fall into that catogary. we,ll never really know.
keep the faith likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 11:53   #371
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
How "Home Grown"Ross Sykes has never been given a chance to prove himself in a Stanley shirt and so easily allowed to go for a trial at Leeds beggars belief. What is the reason for constantly overlooking this talented,ambitious 17 year old week after week? I don't understand the idea of bringing through a young player to the point of getting on the bench and then blocking his progress from that point on. What ever is the outcome of this situation, I wish Ross the very best for his future and should he prove to be successful at another club then I will begin to wonder what criteria is applied by management to get selected to play.
While I get what you're saying about our young players not often being selected I don't think allowing Ross the opportunity of a trial with a championship club (albeit Leeds!) is 'blocking his progress' but denying him that chance could be.
Were we blocking Connor Mahoney's progress when we let him go to Rovers after only playing a couple of times for our first team? He seems to have done well for himself since - it might not work out at Leeds & Ross may well come back, if so I really hope he gets his chance in the first team when he's ready to do so.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 12:32   #372
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Disagree accymad, its blocking his progress at stanley, the place i believe the lad was dead keen to do so.Also doubt a club of Leeds stature would take on trial one who they thought wasn't ready?
keep the faith likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 30-07-2017 at 12:38.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 12:48   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
While I get what you're saying about our young players not often being selected I don't think allowing Ross the opportunity of a trial with a championship club (albeit Leeds!) is 'blocking his progress' but denying him that chance could be.
Were we blocking Connor Mahoney's progress when we let him go to Rovers after only playing a couple of times for our first team? He seems to have done well for himself since - it might not work out at Leeds & Ross may well come back, if so I really hope he gets his chance in the first team when he's ready to do so.
Don't want to say any more on here regarding Ross and I could if I wanted. I come very well informed!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 13:07   #374
God Member

Well then, you'll have to forgive those of us who aren't well informed for trying to see it from a different perspective
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 13:10   #375
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well then, you'll have to forgive those of us who aren't well informed for trying to see it from a different perspective
Well it does beat ass kissing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..