Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 21:51   #1
Senior Member+

Spot the difference

Paul Cook leaves Stanley for a bigger club with a new ground as a manager with the chance of getting them back up to league 1.

Leam Richardson leaves Stanley for the same club who failed to get into the play offs under Cook as assistant manager.

Who is the real snake?

Leam is a nice bloke, I know I have meet him on a few occasions.
But I cant help feel he owes us after the club gave him his chance and stuck by him after a disasterous run.
He was on good money, 'unsackable' alot of posters said because his contract and wages where high.
He was manager, the best job at a club.
He was getting the best experence, managing in the football league.
The board supported him.
The fans even those of us who thought he wouldnt do it, still got behind the team.
The team rated him.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2013, 21:57   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Spot the difference

The difference to me is Snake left us mid season n also tried to take Leam with him, Which if he'd gone then would have left us up the creek wiout a paddle. But to answer yer question "Who is the real snake"? You Davo. plain n simple.
DAV007, ianray and Chubbyman like this.
Old 30-04-2013, 22:01   #3
Full Member+

I wonder if the fact that Leam has probably got a nice big pay rise for taking a job with much less responsibility comes into the equation ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 22:03   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I wonder if the fact that Leam has probably got a nice big pay rise for taking a job with much less responsibility comes into the equation ???
Could well be so, But fer how long?
ianray likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 22:06   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The difference to me is Snake left us mid season n also tried to take Leam with him, Which if he'd gone then would have left us up the creek wiout a paddle. But to answer yer question "Who is the real snake"? You Davo. plain n simple.
probably.
I like you cashman, I really do.
smobile likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 22:14   #6

Dav, professional football is a cut throat business and the 'game' is so different from the Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning teams many of us have played for.

People develop very thick skins from very early in their careers and most know they are split seconds away from serious injury that will ruin their livelihoods and snatch away something they have worked their whole lives for. I know plenty of professional and ex professional footballers - there is very little loyalty or sentiment in the game. It's brutal and its survival of the fittest.

Whilst we may think Leam owes the club, there won't be too many at the club dwelling on what's happened today.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 22:15   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
I'd hope Leam took that into consideration when he accepted terms. Or maybe he's lining himself up for the No1 role at Chesterfield when they smoke out the snake ?

Old 30-04-2013, 22:18   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
probably.
I like you cashman, I really do.
Well i don't tell lies davo, so suppose that may count fer summat.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 23:02   #9
Senior Member+

Surely not another of those unobjective and interminable ' Mutual HATE/ADMIRATION SOCIETY' Threads again ??..
Thought that the general consensus was that Paul Cook is somekind of a reptile or other, and if, by joining his cause for whatever reason motivated this, Leam takes on a similar mantle then I'm sure that most folk would go along with that...without the need for in -depth analysis interspersed by the odd round of sniping ...

Attached Images
File Type: gif avatar96466_1.gif (8.5 KB, 75 views)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 00:13   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Thought that the general consensus was that Paul Cook is somekind of a reptile or other, and if, by joining his cause for whatever reason motivated this, Leam takes on a similar mantle then I'm sure that most folk would go along with that...without the need for in -depth analysis interspersed by the odd round of sniping ...
On the contrary Yonmon.

I'd never call Leam for what he did here. After all, Leam could have quite easily bailed out from Stanley when the snake slithered over to Chesterfield.

As I've said in another thread, I think the "serpent one" is very clever by appointing a very bright and astute young managerial talent as his assistant . He'll take the majority of credit for Leam's hard work and talent as a coach and it (in my opinion) will mask his own shortcomings.

I just hope for Leam's sake, if the Chesterfield Board or their fans get sick of Cook, Leam doesn't suffer. I'd have him back here in a heartbeat.
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.

Last edited by carpon; 01-05-2013 at 00:15.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How long is any job in football Cashy, your only as good as your last game, football management is so fickle these days, its like the old supporters song you only sing when your winning
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How long is any job in football Cashy, your only as good as your last game, football management is so fickle these days, its like the old supporters song you only sing when your winning
Thanks for that Jaysay, you comments reminded me of the best recent example of football support.........Our own Ultras and the the others in the Clayton End last saturday.....It seemed to me like the each time Oxford scored the singing from the Stanley Fans just got louder and louder!!!!
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Thanks for that Jaysay, you comments reminded me of the best recent example of football support.........Our own Ultras and the the others in the Clayton End last saturday.....It seemed to me like the each time Oxford scored the singing from the Stanley Fans just got louder and louder!!!!
Thats a fact n what makes Stanley Unique.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29   #14
Full Member+

Had Leam left sooner his name would have been mud.He has seen us through the season,kept us in League 2 . At the end of the day it is his bread and butter and with an increasing family I would imagine that it has to be a priority.Leam was in a no win situation with fans at Stanley ,damed if he left and damed if he stayed.I can only say good luck and thank you Leam.
On another note Paul Cook has been hanging around at Stanley and I for one thought he was chasing Rommy Boco .............did he just want Leam or is he after both ??????
James Beatty said in his speach on Sun night that when Leam ask him to play for Stanley it took him all of 30 sec to decide yes, did he come for Stanley or for Leam?? All these things are passing through my mind, has Leam gone alone or taken some of our squad with him. but at the end of the day only they know the true answers. We now have to look forward and hope we have a decent manager to lead us onwards and upwards.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Leams been hanging around Chesterfield also, Before this week!, So now i aint bothered, case of good riddance. Don't wish him any ill, but not the loss i thought.
ianray likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..