Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2006, 10:39   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley Fanzine Idea

See General Chat www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Thanks

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2006, 18:13   #2
God Member

Re: Stanley Fanzine Idea

now thats a good idea!
Old 28-05-2006, 09:45   #3

And how much of the proceeds will be handed to Accrington Stanley or will it all go into the unknown Ultras coffers?
Old 28-05-2006, 14:22   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderman4579600
And how much of the proceeds will be handed to Accrington Stanley or will it all go into the unknown Ultras coffers?
How about looking into the Ultras and whate we do/who we are and what we spend the money on before slagging us off pal
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 14:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderman4579600
That were needless, mate. If it weren't for the Ultras, there'd have been no away coaches.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 15:11   #6
Senior Member+

While I think the question was badly phrased, I can understand why it was asked. Anyone using the club to 'potentially make money' should be able to explain where the money is going to. When I did a fanzine I was asked on numerous occasions where the money was to be used and I was always happy to tell them (match/ball sponsorships, season tickets as prizes, etc).

As I have stated before on numerous occasions, if a fanzine is to be set up, then I'd be only too happy to help out in anyway I could - articles, etc. I also have some experience of page layout, plus the tools to do it.
Old 28-05-2006, 15:29   #7
I am Banned

would anybody be free to contribute or will it be just the usaul who do anythin to get on the telly/ in the papers etc if u do set one up anybody should be free to contribute........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .............
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 15:37   #8
God Member

We are currently looking for people with ideas to contribute to it, Its going to be a light harted monthly fanzine, so put your name forward and your idea on the ultras site
Old 28-05-2006, 16:17   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergalbraith
would anybody be free to contribute or will it be just the usaul who do anythin to get on the telly/ in the papers etc if u do set one up anybody should be free to contribute........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .............

........what's with all the bitterness/jealousy aimed at the Ultras. 'do anything to get on TV?' - please explain this intriguing comment....
Count Duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 17:56   #10

I agree, what's with all the bitterness? The Ultras are one of the best things that has ever happened to ASFC. Win 5-0, lose 5-0, they are always in fine voice and are great ambassadors for our club. Anything to get on tele? Again, jeaulousy. The Ultras are only trying to open more peoples eyes to the club they have in their town. Their banners and flags have benn praised by home and opposition alike, as well as the Stanley managerial team. I try to stand as close to them as possible during games, as the atmosphere they create is second to none. The way some of you talk, it seems you want to keep Stanley a small club for the flat-cap brigade and those in the know. We are growing, and the Ultras have and will continue to play a part in that. They inspire the players, run coaches to away games and generally increase the enjoyment of matchdays. I sometimes feel priveliged to support the same club as them. The moaners got their drum took away, can't you just leave them alone now?

RANT OVER

Fanzine = top idea
Old 28-05-2006, 19:32   #11

I`ll 2nd that Alvin.
The Ultras are a great bunch and matchdays would not be the same without them.
Old 28-05-2006, 19:35   #12

Talking Re: Stanley Fanzine Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
I agree, what's with all the bitterness? The Ultras are one of the best things that has ever happened to ASFC. Win 5-0, lose 5-0, they are always in fine voice and are great ambassadors for our club. Anything to get on tele? Again, jeaulousy. The Ultras are only trying to open more peoples eyes to the club they have in their town. Their banners and flags have benn praised by home and opposition alike, as well as the Stanley managerial team. I try to stand as close to them as possible during games, as the atmosphere they create is second to none. The way some of you talk, it seems you want to keep Stanley a small club for the flat-cap brigade and those in the know. We are growing, and the Ultras have and will continue to play a part in that. They inspire the players, run coaches to away games and generally increase the enjoyment of matchdays. I sometimes feel priveliged to support the same club as them. The moaners got their drum took away, can't you just leave them alone now?

RANT OVER

Fanzine = top idea

I agree totally Alvin !

The Ultras are very good for Stanley, create a great atmosphere at every match and have done a wonderful job in helping to promote the club and keep its name in the public conscience.

I am relative newcomer to supporting Stanley, but have only praise for the Ultras - they are a great bunch of guys, very friendly and made me feel most welcome as a supporter !
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 19:52   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Spaceman
I am relative newcomer to supporting Stanley,
Bit like most of the ultras then
Old 28-05-2006, 19:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Bit like most of the ultras then
oooooooooooooooooooooooo

wrong wrong wrong wrong
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 21:41   #15
I am Banned

Wink Re: Stanley Fanzine Idea

theres no bitterness or jealousy just stating a fact oh and the clothhat brigade are the ones who kept the club goin through the lean years a bit disrespectful there why not try and get some good publicity and say we are servants to accrrington stanley not vice versa you are welcome to create a good atmosphere but you are not accrington stanley there was other supporters here before you oh and my opinion about the drum is you should still be allowed to have it its ludricous they have banned itdoes that mean we have to move ground if we get promoted again as the crowds get bigger dont take evrythin to heart as it is supposed to be a discussion board and eveybody has an opinion instead of slagging off the core support give them respect look forward to the good and bad times ahead only time will tell

Last edited by waltergalbraith; 28-05-2006 at 21:45.
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..