Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 18:17   #76
God Member

Re: Stanley v Mansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Think you will find thats rubbish. Burnley had a game abandoned not too long ago. They gave half refund to those who paid ( because they had tickets stubs to prove they were at the game ) and then made the re-arranged game half price to everyone. Think you will find that is less money grabbing than the one Stanley are proposing which is pay in full and then some more if you go to the re-arranged game.
well lets look at the attendances compared to stanley and burnley burnley could afford to do that they know they would be garuanteed makin the same money or plus stanley cant they are taking a risk proving they are not money grabbing rip off merchants like those in the higher leagues .power to the people get your bums down to the fes
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 18:19   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well lets look at the attendances compared to stanley and burnley burnley could afford to do that they know they would be garuanteed makin the same money or plus stanley cant they are taking a risk proving they are not money grabbing rip off merchants like those in the higher leagues .power to the people get your bums down to the fes
Going back to my original point it's all down to customer relations. As Kipax pointed out there is no legal obligation on a club to make refunds. Burnley can afford it no more than Stanley can, attendances are only relative to running costs just the same and we have higher paid prima donnas than you have
Old 30-12-2006, 18:24   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Going back to my original point it's all down to customer relations. As Kipax pointed out there is no legal obligation on a club to make refunds. Burnley can afford it no more than Stanley can, attendances are only relative to running costs just the same and we have higher paid prima donnas than you have
At last a Burnley fan I can agree with
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 18:27   #79
God Member

from my point of view, the re-arranged game is an opportunity to give back to the fans. The club have paid todays costs via receiving full pay on the gate. The replay should be an opportunity to get some valuable Google Page Ranking, and score big brownie points via the press by offering a cost covering price. By no means do I mean this should be the price or this is the cost of hosting a match but charging a fiver a head and getting 3000 in would go a lot further than charging a tenner and getting 1000. Use the opportunity wisely please ASFC, these type of opportunities do not come around often. I believe that season ticket holders will pay no extra for the game whatsoever, if this is the case then why should anybody else?
Old 30-12-2006, 18:30   #80
God Member

same here. i dont know how they can justifie their wages because there isnt that big a bridge in class through the leagues apart from ronaldo and the odd few players. all down to murdoch the dictator a few years ago everybody said they wouldnt watch pay per view now they have been brainwashed into it its time to give the game back to the people and stanley are the club to do it...
Old 30-12-2006, 18:36   #81
God Member

Exactly Macca, and the most annoying thing about it is the pitch didn't get any worse at half time, thats my gripe about it, if it was fit to play at 3pm it was fit to carry on playing on, i'm not saying it was, personally I think the game should never have started, I think the club realise this and thats why they are doing something about it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 18:41   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
from my point of view, the re-arranged game is an opportunity to give back to the fans. The club have paid todays costs via receiving full pay on the gate. The replay should be an opportunity to get some valuable Google Page Ranking, and score big brownie points via the press by offering a cost covering price. By no means do I mean this should be the price or this is the cost of hosting a match but charging a fiver a head and getting 3000 in would go a lot further than charging a tenner and getting 1000. Use the opportunity wisely please ASFC, these type of opportunities do not come around often. I believe that season ticket holders will pay no extra for the game whatsoever, if this is the case then why should anybody else?
agree with you 100% get a piece in local radio and local rags .
Old 30-12-2006, 18:44   #83

In all fairness, Rochdale had a infamous abandonment at h/t vs Grimsby. Vouchers were issued while leaving ground entitling people to receive half price admission to the re-arranged game.

Those who could not make the re-arranged game could then send in their voucher prior to the new date and get a refund.

On the night, no voucher and you pay full whack
Rochdalecol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 18:50   #84
God Member

Old 30-12-2006, 19:14   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Bit of ice and the ball would have rolled no problem

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 19:19   #86
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post

It was wetter on the Clayton end...... Can't beat a nice action shot.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 19:45   #87
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
It was wetter on the Clayton end...... Can't beat a nice action shot.
Look at all those softies under cover Doug, what's a bit of water.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 19:53   #88
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Look at all those softies under cover Doug, what's a bit of water.
They won't want to stand there when we get a roo, there's no "f in roof"

It might be an idea to raise to pitch a little and put some back drains in so the water runs off to the Car Park not the centre of the park. I know today was a rare one off, but if our winters are going to get wetter we'll need to do something....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-12-2006, 20:00   #89
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Mel, you’re a lazy sod.
The only one who might like to take it as a criticism? Is the dodgy bird who didn’t want to get her hair wet.

OI!!! u cheeky ****ing get!!! No i dont want the flu spoiling my new year, plus after the thought of possibly being abandoned due to the weather - what is the point - have i missed owt other than getting ****ed wet through hopefully the re-scheduled one will have better weather so what bit does that make me a lazy get???? I go to more matches than some people out there as much as i can afford & i stand in the clayton end under the sky - plus 2 matches a week is hard on the finances - i love the club but gee i got to ****ing live Y'know - & thats what some of u lot forget that some people cant afford to support the club as No 1 in your life - & thats just not that at all feesable for some!

There Dougies in the doghouse now

Last edited by accymel; 30-12-2006 at 20:02.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 20:07   #90
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
OI!!! u cheeky ****ing get!!! No i dont want the flu spoiling my new year, plus after the thought of possibly being abandoned due to the weather - what is the point - have i missed owt other than getting ****ed wet through hopefully the re-scheduled one will have better weather so what bit does that make me a lazy get???? I go to more matches than some people out there as much as i can afford & i stand in the clayton end under the sky - plus 2 matches a week is hard on the finances - i love the club but gee i got to ****ing live Y'know - & thats what some of u lot forget that some people cant afford to support the club as No 1 in your life - & thats just not that at all feesable for some!

There Dougies in the doghouse now

**** me!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..