Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2011, 22:04   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Stevenage Thread (part two)

In fact I have the whole thing on Sky saved, I'll have a look back who it was but it was a Stanley player in the first half, went to ground clutching his head and on the Sky replay he hadn't been touched.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:17   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
In fact I have the whole thing on Sky saved, I'll have a look back who it was but it was a Stanley player in the first half, went to ground clutching his head and on the Sky replay he hadn't been touched.
Neither was half the Stevenage team who did exactly the same, especially the goalkeeper in the first half, Terry Gornells boot went nowhere near him, ref did not blow for a foul, liner did not flag, goalie went down like a sack of spuds, ref felt sorry and gave a free kick???? This is one example of the indecisiveness of the officials. it should have been a drop ball at best, not a free kick. Still trying to work that one out, sorry Lindsay, Those at the match saw the antics that you cannot see on a TV set at home.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:21   #48
God Member

I've watched Stanley a few times this season and the 2 games against Stevenage were by far the worst performances I've seen. Problem is when you are a footballing side you need to have a plan B to play teams who have no interest in playing football.

Just think if stevenage keep getting promoted the fixture list one day will read Stoke v stevenage. I wouldn't want to be at that game if you paid me a million pounds. The end of football as we know it.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:25   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i sure hope they beat torquay in the final, sure as hell have no wish to play them again.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:29   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i sure hope they beat torquay in the final, sure as hell have no wish to play them again.
I'll second that.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:30   #51
Senior Member+

I agree that you may see more at the match than you might on Sky but for those close call "tackles" and a Sky replay that confirms no contact?? Both teams were guilty of some seriously over the top diving and theatrics but our hot-headedness was well out of order.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:35   #52
Member.

The lads played poor football of that there can be little doubt; something went wrong before or after the last league game and Coleys body language says it all; even before both games he was distant and closed off to my eyes, not the same man, he looks drawn and disillusioned what worries me more is I don't think it’s the boys or their performance. The team were never in the playoff's. Not one goal, not even a good chance in two games; that's not the Accrington Stanley we have come to know.

What I would like to see is the fan's and the club to get 100% behind the team and John and Jimmy and build for next season; keeping as much of this seasons team together and training to win the league outright next season; with commitment and investment it can be done. Forget the last two weeks; what a bloody fantastic season we've had. On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:39   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wrong doug there was a gift fer McConville in first game,
Old 20-05-2011, 22:43   #54
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wrong doug there was a gift fer McConville in first game,
Gift; but unaccepted.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-05-2011, 22:44   #55

Your 1st paragraph pretty much sums up what i have said in another thread. I have been labled a"sad loser" for saying it. I have never seen John Coleman stand their with such a look of indignation on his face. He looked like the game was up after 15 minutes.

Sadly, (in my view) these have been a couple of games too far in what has been a terrific season. One that will be a very hard act to follow.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:52   #56

Just seen some bloke is predicting end of world tonight,he has said it before though so he's probally wrong again.
so its not the end of the world folks,always next season.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:54   #57
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Your 1st paragraph pretty much sums up what i have said in another thread. I have been labled a"sad loser" for saying it. I have never seen John Coleman stand their with such a look of indignation on his face. He looked like the game was up after 15 minutes.

Sadly, (in my view) these have been a couple of games too far in what has been a terrific season. One that will be a very hard act to follow.
John Coleman fascinates me; I have never understood a word he's said in most of his interviews; he's a grafter and a lover of the game; he is Stanley to the core and would never knowingly let us or his boys down; all I am saying is over the last few weeks he's not been has animated a manager we have come to know, at best subdued at worst disillusioned. But the man is a fighter and he leads from the front. He'll be back and he'll do it all again until he gets us into the championship. If he doesn’t it won't be of any fault of his, Jimmy's, the boys or the fans.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-05-2011, 22:55   #58
God Member

Well sky missed what rest of us saw, u had to be there to see the off camera antics, least wasn't as bad as Sunday's play, boro's creeping to the ref all the little winks liner that did one got, something dodgy going on, but Stanley weren't allowed to play & wasn't without trying! Ref debarcle will be one for question of sport what happens next? & footy gaffs shows

We won something - trended on twitter, most of em now know Accrington Stanley now even if it were to also disgust at officials runner, we can't have it all. We did well to get where we were, we lost it basically on 1st leg more than tonite, we really played better with 9 men a bit more willing.

Also re slating of our facilities - excuse me this is the proper football pitches are, not bowling greens or plastic/astro false turf style, the winter damaged it nothing we can do unless all the people slating it puts money in a jar for it then !!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 20-05-2011 at 22:58.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 23:00   #59
Member.

Let's not forget our achievement because of tonight and last Sunday; this as been the best season Accrington Stanley 1968 have ever had. We finished fifth in the league; League two. John had no money; very little pitch and a team from out of nothing.

Accrington Stanley are a first class outfit and a force to be reckoned with. On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-05-2011, 23:18   #60

Yeah, disappointed we didn't give ourselves 90 before pressing the self destruct button - a bridge too far as it turned out - but,hey, at one stage we would have welcomed having a Stanley, even if back in the conf. What we have got is a boardroom we can trust and the basis of a side we can have high hopes for next season. Clouds on the horizon are probably the potential loss of John 'n Jimmy + maybe one or two players. Being south coast based I bow to the wiser heads who have watched Stanley far more often than I, but have always thought we lacked a serious threat from what was known as an inside forward in my day. My hope is that we can unearth from the conference the quality which Peterboro' did with the likes of Mikail-Smith, Boyd & Aaron McLean.Well done to all the players for a great season and best wishes to all my fellow messageboarders for a great summer ( or winter downunder, eh Kiwi ! ).
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..