Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2011, 17:23   #1

Share Issue - warning

Having read in the Evening telegraph that the club are looking to raise a million pounds through a share issue, i would have to view the offer with a great deal of scepticism, having been an SOS share purchases (times two, one for me and one for my grandson)

Since that issue I would think it fair to say we have been treated like dog-dooh

No communication, whatsoever, no accounts, no meeting,..... NOTHING

despite asking the previous management (which we all know were abusing the term "management"), and also trying to communicate with the Chief executive.... with no response to date.

I atended the meeting in accrington, some months ago, I listenined to "the dream"..... and I am glad that Mr Khan has taken over.... but I am still waiting to hear from the club, being a shareholder....

or, at leats I thought I was....

the SOS scheme looked like a "got your money, so P*** off" scheme....

I need convincing this is not going to be the same

once convinced, any money I have is available to help the Stanley... but until then.... I'll pay to get in, and that's it....
rishtonreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2011, 17:30   #2
God Member

Re: Share Issue - warning

Simple answer. Who issued the SOS shares and who is issuing this one ? If you think the two are comparable I reckon you need to check yourself in at the Priory
Old 29-05-2011, 17:52   #3
God Member

the 'right' thing to do with this one is to convert the old shares into new shares of comparable value. you all parted with £250 (or multiples thereof) so should get that value in new ones. The cost of what was made is negligible to what can be made.

Ilyas has been quiet on the whole make up of this new Stanley, despite offering to part with his vision of it some time ago, but the misgivings that I have with the scheme is that once it is done it can't feasibly be done again for a long time. Having said that though I am glad that the figure is supposedly a million rather than the 200k that was mentioned 18 months ago
Old 29-05-2011, 20:03   #4

Wink Re: Share Issue - warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Simple answer. Who issued the SOS shares and who is issuing this one ? If you think the two are comparable I reckon you need to check yourself in at the Priory
Hi Dave
as far as I know you own and run your business.
The difference between a company like Accrington Stanley is that the owners (the shareholders) do not manage the company, and again, as far as I know, nothing has changed in that direction (other than the chairman)....

so, Priory, no???? don't think so... nothing wrong with my thought process...
Old 29-05-2011, 20:17   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishtonreds View Post
Hi Dave
as far as I know you own and run your business.
The difference between a company like Accrington Stanley is that the owners (the shareholders) do not manage the company, and again, as far as I know, nothing has changed in that direction (other than the chairman)....

so, Priory, no???? don't think so... nothing wrong with my thought process...
I understand your thought process, I wouldn't want to be stung twice.
What I was getting at is exactly what you hit the nail on the head with

Quote:
(other than the chairman)....

I think you will find this share issue has far more clarity and 'purpose' than the previous one
Old 31-05-2011, 09:54   #6
Senior Member+

This time things will be different, the wheels are moving, not at breakneck speed but at a considered pace this time all fans will have a chance to obtain REAL shares in the club. I have been told that the fans who put money into the SOS share scheme will also be inline for some of these new shares. I am very happy that things are on the way up at the club and the future is in OUR hands.

Loweiy
Old 31-05-2011, 11:11   #7
Senior Member+

iylas khan is hero of the day, he has the clubs best interest at heart.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 14:38   #8
God Member

I think the key word we have now got is Stability.

No more looking over the shoulder or waiting to see what may be around the next corner?

As Loweiy has said it may not be at breakneck speed but the momentum is most definately forward which is not only good for the here & now but bodes equally well for the future.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 14:45   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I think the key word we have now got is Stability.

No more looking over the shoulder or waiting to see what may be around the next corner?

As Loweiy has said it may not be at breakneck speed but the momentum is most definately forward which is not only good for the here & now but bodes equally well for the future.
Agree, but the real key is to get the word out n convince folk IMHO.
Old 02-06-2011, 16:33   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree, but the real key is to get the word out n convince folk IMHO.
Communication is the key.., you are absolutely right.

Why have I read about the proposed issue in the Evening Telegraph, before (as a humble SOS shareholder) being told by the club. ??

I hear all everyone says, but I know that, as a fan, nothing has changed.
Old 02-06-2011, 17:09   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishtonreds View Post
Communication is the key.., you are absolutely right.

Why have I read about the proposed issue in the Evening Telegraph, before (as a humble SOS shareholder) being told by the club. ??

I hear all everyone says, but I know that, as a fan, nothing has changed.

If you read the article again you will see there is actually no quote from Ilyas ( and very unlikely to be one unless it's an actual official satement )

I think that says all you need to know
Old 02-06-2011, 21:28   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
If you read the article again you will see there is actually no quote from Ilyas ( and very unlikely to be one unless it's an actual official satement )

I think that says all you need to know
Disagree dave, n official statement i think is needed asap, imho, those that pulled out the hard earned fer the S.O.S. ones deserve n explanation n re-assurance P.D.Q. to my reckoning.
Old 02-06-2011, 21:33   #13
God Member

Quote:
Disagree dave, n official statement i think is needed asap, imho, those that pulled out the hard earned fer the S.O.S. ones deserve n explanation n re-assurance P.D.Q. to my reckoning.
So you want the club to respond to everything printed by a certain reporter ? He guesses most of his stories
Old 02-06-2011, 21:47   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So you want the club to respond to everything printed by a certain reporter ? He guesses most of his stories
am not remotely interested in whats reported in the press, my sympathy is fer those who pulled hard earned out.
Old 02-06-2011, 21:58   #15
God Member

Quote:
am not remotely interested in whats reported in the press, my sympathy is fer those who pulled hard earned out.

But this thread was started because of a story in the press

Not sure if I heard it mentioned at the last OSC meeting that they were aiming to have it done by the end of this month. As you know of the man himself, he won't allow it to be done until he knows it is being done correctly, it certainly won't be a botched job like the SOS fiasco.

Loweiy did say that those who bought SOS shares are being sorted to his knowledge.

Just let that interest accrue on those millions you have stashed in the bank and you can buy more shares

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..