Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2011, 17:35   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Stevenage Thread (part two)

Accrington 0-1 Stevenage - Reaction | Sky Sports | Video | Football | League Two | Accrington Stanley

coleys view

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2011, 18:04   #77
bdc

Stevenage deserved to go through as they were the better team over the 2 games. We couldn't cope with the physical element of the game and this is a weakness we need to address if we are to push on for next season. They were first to every ball and every header and this helped them to implement their game plan. Stevenage had done their homework and knew they couldn't let us have time on the ball, so they hurried us in possession and forced us to resort to long ball tactics which meant Gornell wouldn't get a sniff. Our full backs were also pegged back to stop the link up play between the wide players.

When you look back over both games we only really created 2 clear chances which just shows how well Stevenage stuck to their tasks both individually and as a team. Charles would be sort the of player we need in our squad to help give us a Plan B, which is so lacking at the minute. I can only hope that JC will learn from this and bring in some "physical" players that can help to boss a game so to speak. I think Chris seemed to offer a bit more to the game in 30 minutes than Craney did for the 140 minutes in the two legs. Ian didn't seem fit and wasn't ever really in the game, he shouldn't have played in the second leg in my opinion. I also don't understand why we didn't play Kevin Long who at least has some height that would have helped us to deal with all the set pieces and stop Charles bossing the game for them.

We can blame the referee and the Stevenage antics but at the end of the day we just weren't good enough. That said 5th place was a brilliant achievement, its just a bit disappointing that we didn't make the most of this great opportunity. We need to keep the majority of this team together with JC and JB and we may just have a chance of maintaining the high standards that have been set this season.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 18:19   #78
Resting in Peace

Compliments from Boro fans:-

Borochat - Congratulations Luton Town

Well done to their fans too. They seemed to get quite animated at times, but I couldn't hear them at all from the middle of the Clayton End racket. Did they sing?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 18:24   #79
Senior Member+

2 compliments.

500+ negative.

I really do detest 99.9% of that club and its fans.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 07:22   #80
Senior Member+

There's one thread where they're calling Dave a retard like the rest of us when we all know he's a Dingle:
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 07:29   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
There's one thread where they're calling Dave a retard like the rest of us when we all know he's a Dingle:
First time I've been promoted to retard status, I'm honoured
Old 22-05-2011, 08:30   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
2 compliments.

500+ negative.

I really do detest 99.9% of that club and its fans.
Boro fan in relative peace!

Do you think that your boss' attempts to create some kind of hatred between our clubs, had any effect on you getting two players sent off?

It was clear on the night, that your players were pumped up - did Coleman go too far?

My honest view of the game is that you huffed an puffed a lot and didn't create a whole lot (and the one decent effort you had was hand ball). We did what we needed to do to break your rhythm.

It wasn't pretty, but even if we wanted to play nice football that joke of a pitch would have stopped it.

I know this will provoke some vitriol about GW - but I thought he handled himself with dignity in both legs - despite Coleman's attempts to try and create issues between our clubs.
The Boro Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 09:20   #83
God Member

Your manager's name & dignity do not go together well in any sentence - ask Farnborough!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 09:37   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Your manager's name & dignity do not go together well in any sentence - ask Farnborough!
GW has - when he re-joined - mentioned that he is a changed man. He clearly has been. He's approachable, and more rational.

He's clearly also being more successful.

There's a lot of hyperbole about the Farnbrough incident - the truth is no one really knows what happened. But that doesn't stop his critics speculating.
The Boro Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 10:03   #85
God Member

Not much speculation needed really is there? He conned (sorry - persuaded) Vic Searle to take on Farnboorough & legged it leaving them in considerable debt which meant they had to go into liquidation - pretty straight forward really but as long as he's now seen the error of his ways I suppose that makes him an ok bloke???? Doubt you'd be saying that if it'd been your club that had been on the wrong end of his dealings
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 11:04   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316
This is a variant on some of the other coverage:

Accrington 0 Stevenage 1 (Agg 0-3): Visitors Set Sights on Successive Promotions - FanHouse UK
Here's another variant:

Accrington Stanley 0 Stevenage 1: I’ve phoned this one in » The Seventy Two

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 11:11   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boro Wanderer View Post
GW has - when he re-joined - mentioned that he is a changed man. He clearly has been. He's approachable, and more rational.

He's clearly also being more successful.

There's a lot of hyperbole about the Farnbrough incident - the truth is no one really knows what happened. But that doesn't stop his critics speculating.
He murdered a football club for his own personal gain.... The facts are there & any Farnborough fan will explain it in detail. He ain't hated for nothing

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 11:18   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
He murdered a football club for his own personal gain.... The facts are there & any Farnborough fan will explain it in detail. He ain't hated for nothing
Spot on, Stevenage fans would be wise to ponder if he will do similar to them if summat better comes along.
Old 22-05-2011, 11:18   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
He murdered a football club for his own personal gain....
So now he is going for the bigger fish and murdering football in general
Old 22-05-2011, 12:04   #90
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Compliments from Boro fans:-

Well done to their fans too. They seemed to get quite animated at times, but I couldn't hear them at all from the middle of the Clayton End racket. Did they sing?
Had a gander on that site and disappointed at the nastiness and vitriol some of their fans spout. There may well be nicer living conditions down their way but if it makes you as virulent and sour as some of those people, I'll stay in Lancashire. Its one thing being bitter in defeat but to be bitter in victory is a new one on me. Our fans put them to shame.
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..