Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 21:05   #1
God Member

Smile Symes!

Just looking at the scoring record of Symes and I just wondered what we feel is the reason he is doing so well at the moment?

Years Club App - Gls
2002–2004 Everton 0 - 0
2004 Crewe Alexandra (loan) 4 - 1
2004–2006→ Bradford City 15 - 3
2006 → Macclesfield Town (loan) 0 - 0
2006 → Stockport County (loan) 1 - 0
2006 → Shrewsbury Town (loan) 2 - 1
2006–2009 Shrewsbury Town 60 - 13
2008 → Macclesfield Town (loan) 14 - 1
2008 → Bournemouth (loan) 5 - 0
2009→ Accrington Stanley (loan) 7 - 1
2009– Accrington Stanley 25ish - 11

I believe very strongly that he will double his career tally this season!

The wonderful Michael Symes.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2009, 21:06   #2
God Member

Re: Symes!

a consistent run in the team?
Old 01-12-2009, 21:07   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as far as i'm concerned he is doing well cos stanley are now playing good football instead of larruping the ball up in the air, as they had to do with the previous man simple as.
Old 01-12-2009, 21:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as far as i'm concerned he is doing well cos stanley are now playing good football instead of larruping the ball up in the air, as they had to do with the previous man simple as.
That doesn't really explain it though does it pal because we're on about his performance not stanleys ... I'd say it's because Coley is a bloody good people person and he's got a good spirit going in the team - first team football and enjoying what he's doing = best season of his career.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 22:08   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
That doesn't really explain it though does it pal because we're on about his performance not stanleys ... I'd say it's because Coley is a bloody good people person and he's got a good spirit going in the team - first team football and enjoying what he's doing = best season of his career.
may not explain to you pal, but ya may grasp it one day. n no-ones arguing coleys merits, only a clown would do that.
Old 01-12-2009, 22:17   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

The whole team is playing good football this season,and with out the need to loft the ball high up field to see if someone could get on the end of it like when paul was with us!,
Old 01-12-2009, 22:19   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
may not explain to you pal, but ya may grasp it one day. n no-ones arguing coleys merits, only a clown would do that.
one day cashy the yung uns might just get to know a bit about football......

but id say both of the above, a run of games and a team playing good passing attacking football !!!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 22:22   #8

Quote:
may not explain to you pal, but ya may grasp it one day.
No need for that ... and what you said is still irrelevant to Symes' performance.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 22:25   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No need for that ... and what you said is still irrelevant to Symes' performance.
was no need to use "pal" when ya don't know me, i dislike snotty kids.
Old 01-12-2009, 22:25   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:

stick to football manager on the pc lad, you dont really need to know about football to play that

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 22:42   #11
Senior Member+

I just hope we can hang on to him. Not only scoring goals, but quite a few of them have been absolutely cracking goals.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 23:24   #12
Senior Member+

Well just got back from Burton.

He absolutely bossed it 2nite, full on 9/10 performance.

Simply brilliant!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 00:05   #13

Wink Re: Symes!

symes, how do accy fans,i read your forum from time to time with great interest, but never put anything on the web, so i hope you will let me tonight as regarding michael symes.as i know a bit about the lad, symesey, started his football his as a 9 year old at everton acadamy, and progressed through the ranks along side wayne rooney, duncan ferguson to name a few untill he was released by david moyes some 5 years ago, the reason for michael being released was down to a lot of injurys he suffered from the age of 18 to 20, as a youngster at everton he and wayne rooney for 2 years 16 to 18 scored goals for fun in the acadamy and youth team reaching a youth cup final in 2002,and beating top opposistion and top players along the way,however some 6 operations cut short his everton days from the age of 18 to 20 he played very little football and moyes released him, 9 reserve games and 5 goals in 2 years, wasnt,good enough i surpose,and when released he only looked half the player he was.small spells at crewe on loan from everton 1 start 1 goal.bradford 2 year deal 9 starts 3 goals broken ankle and ligaments out for a season and a bit,then spells at stockport 13 mins,macclesfeild 1st time round injured,never played,then a no injury hit season at shrewsbury produced 9 league in 23 starts and 4 paint trophy goals in 6 starts and a trip to wembley in the play off final which shrews lost 3-1.looked to have set him back to some kind of form he was capable of, but injury and loss of form at the start of the second season, and loans to macclesfield at xmas 2008, 10 starts 1 goal,finished off a disapointing 2nd season 10 starts 2 goals,,so last season paul simpson told he was not wanted and ended up in shrews reserves scoring 14 goals in 9 reserve games,but started 1 game for shrews and a couple of sub app in which he scored 2 goals,and a 4 week spell at bournmouth 3 app 0 goals, and finished off that season at the accy with 1 goal in6 starts, he signed a 12 month contract with the accy in the summer o9, and was 3 choice striker when he arrived, john coleman has give the lad a chance and given him bags of confidence and he lookes the player he was when i saw him at everton some 6 year ago, belive me this lad has bags of ability and if clear of long term injurys touch wood could be great for the accy and michael,,and its all down to john coleman and jimmy bell,plus hes a lot more older and wiser, i surpose, hope i didnt bore you all with this long drawn out story, but i hope you enjoy, vic. good luck for the season
vicburdett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 00:34   #14
Senior Member+

cheers vic not at all bored however a precis of michael's career shows a lad with abundant ability just needed for someone to have faith and i solely believe what coley and jimmy have shown in him and his performance this evening at burton and also bradford (where i have it on very good information that he was thought very highly of) and everything he has shown this season he has proved that he is playing well below his ability, and the only problem is to hang onto him or of course we can get some serious money for the lad
Symsie and Granty are the most exciting players i have seen at Stanley since Craney and Roberts and i think that says a lot
nige b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:36   #15
Resting In Peace

Symes is now leading the line and not playing second fiddle to Paul Mullin. I think Symes came into his own when Paul was transferred and he was given more responsibility.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..