Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2004, 20:21   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Telford United

I don't think they took in to accout how much Wolves going in to the premier would effect them, that part of the west midlands has been starved of primier football for a long time and its only 20 min drive to wolves so a lot of the Telford area supporters would rather see Chelsea instead of Exeter. Oh well another club reaching beyond its means.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2004, 07:21   #17
Senior Member+

I seem to remember that there was a new rule in the conference this year that limited players' wage bills to a percentage of turnover. I wonder how this applies to a team like Telford and what penalties might be imposed on clubs that breach it. Are there any others in the top clubs?
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 09:52   #18
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Telford United

If Telford do go under (which IMHO I hope they don't) how will that affect the league i.e. who will be the winners and who will lose out?? Personally speaking I think the league should show some bottle and get rid of Exeter after all their shenanigans. The club knew the rules prior to relegation yet seem to have found a loop hole. If it is proven that they have played an unregistered player, deduct all the points they have gained whilst he was playing. To Telford fans, players and management and anyone else connected I say good luck in your fight for survival.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 12:39   #19
Resting In Peace

IF TELFORD DROP OUT OF THE LEAGUE THIS IS HOW THE TABLE WOULD LOOK WITH THE POINTS ALTERED

Played Points
1 CHESTER 34 75
2 HEREFORD 34 67
3 EXETER 34 62
4 SHREWSBURY 32 60
5 ALDERSHOT 34 59
6 BARNET 33 56
7 STANLEY 35 54
8 MORECAMBE 35 53
9 WOKING 35 50
10 STEVENAGE 33 50
11 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE 34 46
12 SCARBOROUGH 33 41
13 GRAVESEND 33 41
14 FOREST GREEN 34 40
15 MARGATE 34 40
16 TAMWORTH 34 39
17 BURTON ALBION 33 38
18 HALIFAX 33 36
19 FARNBOROUGH 35 27
20 LEIGH RMI 33 25
21 NORTHWICH 35 15

Last edited by JEFF; 26-03-2004 at 12:49. Reason: NOT VIEWING PROPERLY
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2004, 13:22   #20
Senior Member+

Not surprisingly, there's more in the local paper today. The remaining directors have some difficult decisions to make about the clubs future. See http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/p...le_14863.shtml. I would imagine that they'll attempt to see the season out and hope a buyer will materialise but who knows.

Mick Jones is trying to drum up as much support as possible for the remaining matches: http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/...le_14867.shtml
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..