Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 10 Post By smobile
  • 9 Post By AccyMad
  • 2 Post By yonmon
  • 1 Post By johnc

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43   #1
Senior Member+

The cost of relegation

found this blog from last April on the cost of relegation, just looking at the income the club would lose is frightening

The cost of relegation to League 2 | The Political Economy of Football
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: The cost of relegation

Very good article accybeme, it would be exceptional hard on Stanley because they're not commanding the best crowds as it is. I was around when Stanley went to the wall in the 60s and whether your a supporter or not it is felt in the community has a whole, lets hope it doesn't come to that
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56   #3

Lets stop posting things about relegation and lets start concentrating on supporting this team and keeping them in the football league.
MikeA, AccyMad, sparkie and 7 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00   #4
God Member

Was just going to post something similar, I reckon the 'r' word should be banned on here just as the 'p' word was when it looked like we were going to win the Conference - and, no I'm not putting my head in the sand just think there should be less doom & gloom & a damn sight more positive thinking
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 13:01   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Was just going to post something similar, I reckon the 'r' word should be banned on here just as the 'p' word was when it looked like we were going to win the Conference - and, no I'm not putting my head in the sand just think there should be less doom & gloom & a damn sight more positive thinking
A well-penned opinion from one who always says the sensible thing .....couldn't agree more !!.
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:02   #6
Member.

The cost of Relegation would be beyond our pocket and now is the time for the club to fight with a vengeance to stay up and that fight needs to be both on and off the pitch. People can stick their heads wherever they like (and I'm not trying clever) but it will change now't. We are heading in the wrong direction and fast, it's all too close to ignore.

Drop the gate price by 30% or even 50% until the end of the season and get people through the gates, use the money from Storefirst to easy the cost. Get the local press on side and push for support. Get bodies into the Storefirst Stadium and get the blood up, don't ignore it, do something positive other than think about being positive.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:08   #7

I agree wholehartedly with supporting our team and club through a difficult period, but don't agree with not mentioning relegation. Not considering this as an outcome is burying our heads in the sand to a possible outcome and hoping it will go away - we need to face it head on and take positive steps to make sure it's not an outcome.

The manager's position needs urgently reviewing. I have said previously on this forum that, regardless of experience, I don't feel Leam has the personality to be successful as a manager at football league level.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 23:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Lets stop posting things about relegation and lets start concentrating on supporting this team and keeping them in the football league.
Or we could all bury our heads in the sand and pretend all is well
smudgie likes this.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 00:39   #9
God Member

To be perfectly honest, I don't really care which league Stanley play in next season. League 1 would be nice, Conference- so what..STANLEY is my team for the rest of my life, and if and when I get over there, I will watch them with a passion no matter which league-even if they became a Sunday morning pub side .
ON STANLEY ON
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..