Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 08:43   #46
God Member

Re: The febrile york city thread !.

Spot on Cashy, great to see you yesterday Hope to see you Friday night

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2013, 08:44   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Spot on Cashy, great to see you yesterday Hope to see you Friday night
Unless ive croaked yeh no doubt will joe.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12   #48
Senior Member+

A great away day yesterday,York definitely up there with Torquay and Morecambe as my favourite trips. Was also a great away following by our standards and was good to see a large number of new faces. I just hope we see a few more of them on a regular basis.

Make no mistake we where absolutely appalling for 91 minutes today and we really should have lost 4-0 in the first half. Agreed Rachubka made a couple of great saves. Not sure what planet football19 is on again saying Leam performed a tactical masterstroke, do me a favour we where dreadful, talk about daylight robbery.

However theyy deserve credit for not giving up and Fair play to Murphy who again wasnt at his best and was getting stick for most of the game. He deserves full credit for sticking himself in that position for the equaliser.

Destiny is in our hands!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:21   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Jack Turpin was the king of highway robbery and he would have been proud of Stanley today, we never deserved to come away with a point, we were completely out played by the Minster men, praise heaped on Aldred and Rachubka for keeping the score line down
But I really can’t understand leam’s persistence on playing Beattie, in my opinion the team never perform when he is in the line up.
But you should have seen their Dick on Black Bess ! ( That doesn't sound quite right!)...now he could do the business !...but was no good at football !..
( He was well hung on the 7th of April 1739 for chicken-baiting in the Ewood area of Blackburn !)
So Abeme it seems that things never change...
As for James Beattie, I thought yesterday's efforts deserved some praise..although lacking pace he worked hard and made some telling interceptions if not goals !...also his was the voice that kept the Defence on their toes when under severe pressure in he first half !...once again proving that his experience, in spite of his waning powers, is of value to the team at this critical time !.
( ps..Still can't weigh up just who is for 'the DROP'..any more opinions ?).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:28   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aldershot n Torquay fer me. Would help us a little also. Reckon Port Vale will Slap Aldershot next week.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16   #51
Senior Member+

Typical smudge reply,acci were crap,no credit to York,no credit to leam for his changes, no mention of playing surface or team set ups, still moaning despite 3 wins,2 draws and 1 loss in last 6 games ,How would you have set the team up ?, when linganzi was not available.
Go on smudge give us something positive to talk about instead of slagging the team off
yonmon likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well i can agree 100% yon, we were crap. That is plain fact, no matter how yeh dress things up. True we came away very happy wi a point, in fact oer the moon, Truth is we certainly didn't deserve it.
smudgie and Greeny like this.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49   #53

Re: Re: The febrile york city thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Typical smudge reply,acci were crap,no credit to York,no credit to leam for his changes, no mention of playing surface or team set ups, still moaning despite 3 wins,2 draws and 1 loss in last 6 games ,How would you have set the team up ?, when linganzi was not available.
Go on smudge give us something positive to talk about instead of slagging the team off
Wasn't at the game due to work commitments however changing the shape of a team in good form to accomodate Beattie rather than either sticking Lindfield at RB and Murphy alongside Joyce or simply playing Miller from the start had me worried.

I guess its how you look at things but for me Leam changing things at half time aint a positive - why could he not have realised we'd be weak through the middle from kickoff?

I was one of those calling for Leams head in January and I'll admit I was wrong - performances have improved - for me though the performances have directly correlated with Beattie featuring less.

A bloke who sits next to me at the home games always asks are we playing with 10 men - as in is Beattie starting and it really is that big a difference - seeing how we've played since Hatfield took his place it makes me wonder if we'd been even thinking about the drop if we'd been playing with 11 men all season...
maccawozzagod likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50   #54
Senior Member+

This is what i mean Cashy,you have to give credit to York,who are also fighting for there lifes,and it was never going to be pretty on a bobbly surface.
What was people expecting,Barca v Real madrid ??
The key area for me was Joycy,in the first half,being isolated,and they picked up all the second balls.
At least we changed it and got a foot hold in the game,battled to not conceed a second,and take our oportunity when it came,lets give a bit of credit for not crumbling like we would have done three months ago!!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52   #55
Senior Member+

some good points Sam,although i would have played the same back four
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11   #56
Senior Member+

You really are a fool.

Did I not say credit to murphy and rachubka??

Open your eyes.

Ive been watching this club for 18 seasons and have every right to say what I want.

And u??? Alot less thats for sure.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:53   #57
Senior Member+

Smudgie everyones views are relevant not just yours.
We where poor but got a point.
A win on Friday and we are safe.
Get behind the team and cheer them onto 3 points
KiTChener and cashman like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:56   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

( ps..Still can't weigh up just who is for 'the DROP'..any more opinions ?).
Well other than said Dick Turpin, I think if you perm any one of 3 teams from Aldershot, Torquay and York with possibly the Dons slipping up at he last minute you won't be far wrong. I can honestly see Stanley getting 3 points on Friday night and as others have said, Aldershot have to goi to Port Vale (and look what they did to Burton - and are still fighting for auto promotion). Personally I think if we get 4 more points from the final 3 games, we are safe, better still 6 points from 9 and we are definitely safe.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:15   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I reckon were safe if we beat Morecambe.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17   #60
God Member

Talking Re: The febrile york city thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon were safe when we beat Morecambe.
Must be your age Cashy, but I have corrected it for you
Outback Ozzy, cashman and yonmon like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..