Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 16:58   #76
Senior Member+

Re: The febrile york city thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Have Rochdale paid them off yet?
I was under the impression they are on a sort of gardening leave?
Pretty sure they have had an interview or two !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2013, 17:03   #77
Senior Member+

Ithe way a rochdale fan told me , they where entitled to a years pay if sacked, but as they where placed on a sort of gardening leave, rochdale where hopeful they would get itchy feet, take another job and rochdale wouldnt have to pay them out for a full year thus saving cash?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 17:07   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Ithe way a rochdale fan told me , they where entitled to a years pay if sacked, but as they where placed on a sort of gardening leave, rochdale where hopeful they would get itchy feet, take another job and rochdale wouldnt have to pay them out for a full year thus saving cash?
I pretty sure if an offer came along they would jump at it,they are football people thro and thro,and still haven't reached there potential IMO
Old 07-04-2013, 17:57   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
having a dig at john and jimmy?,you must be kidding me!,total respect off me,and there biggest fan,what i said was they would struggle to match our last six results,even fertile would have struggled!!!
no respest whatsoever from me . When did coleman bell and cook show any respect to anyone
caretaker likes this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 18:58   #80
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I pretty sure if an offer came along they would jump at it,they are football people thro and thro,and still haven't reached there potential IMO
I think that they'll be interested in the Macclesfield job and Macc' would like them to take it. A decent club/set up, the challenge of getting Macclesfield out of the most difficult league to escape from and not too far from their homes will suit them.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 19:39   #81
bdc

The performance in the first half was woeful but for some great saves by Rachubka. The second half we improved as the game went on and started to ask questions of their defence. The goal scored yesterday may well be the most important one of the season as it keeps our fate in our own hands.

Make no mistake though, if we start the Morecambe game like we did against York, we will not get away with it on Friday. We have to be on the front foot from the start on Friday, if we can get 3 points then we are piling all the pressure on our rivals. We really missed Linganzi in midfield and I hope he is back for the next game.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 21:06   #82

Great feeling when the goal went in especially for Murphy who'd been battered by Cresswell (elbow) and by their fans (verbally), and as we all know results are all that matter at this stage. How often have we played well and not got we deserved?!?!

For the record as its been discussed in this thread IMO Leam is hopeless, accommodating Beattie, who sadly now is also hopeless, his team selection are bizarre and substitutions are clueless. For those that didn't make the game don't take any notice of Leams 'we dominated the 2nd half' or the 'experts' on this forum who suggested we 'got a foothold in the game' in the 2nd half - we were dreadful from start to finish and got a lucky(also beautiful, uplifting and priceless) goal.

Think it will go to the wire but what a party it will be WHEN we stay up.

Ps hope the board look at the big picture and appoint an experienced manager whatever the outcome of the final 3 games
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 21:17   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Great feeling when the goal went in especially for Murphy who'd been battered by Cresswell (elbow) and by their fans (verbally), and as we all know results are all that matter at this stage. How often have we played well and not got we deserved?!?!

For the record as its been discussed in this thread IMO Leam is hopeless, accommodating Beattie, who sadly now is also hopeless, his team selection are bizarre and substitutions are clueless. For those that didn't make the game don't take any notice of Leams 'we dominated the 2nd half' or the 'experts' on this forum who suggested we 'got a foothold in the game' in the 2nd half - we were dreadful from start to finish and got a lucky(also beautiful, uplifting and priceless) goal.

Ps hope the board look at the big picture and appoint an experienced manager whatever the outcome of the final 3 games
Sorry Frank, but whatever the results of the final 3 games, I cannot see Stanley getting rid of Leam as they cannot afford to pay off the remainder of his contract. Whether they can appoint an assistant who is experienced well that is something else. I too hope Armine Linganzi can make it back for this Friday, that gentleman has got the respect of the whole team and fans for playing against Wycombe and Burton prior to the funeral of his brother and here's hoping he can terrorise Morecambe.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 21:25   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst i agree wi the game yesterday frank, disagree strongly about yer leam opinion. Yeh have been against him fer a couple of months at the very least,He took oer a side that was slipping down under snake, n deserves at least a chance to commence next term wi ALL his own choices, I aint saying hes arsene wenger, but he deserves a chance wi a straight start. also weres this brass coming from to install n experienced manager? or are yeh gonna put it up?

Last edited by cashman; 07-04-2013 at 21:28.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13   #85

Quote:

"IN LEAM I TRUST" At York on Saturday James Beattie had his best game. Just think back when LEAM took over look what players that snake COOK left . We did dominate the second half for gods sake they had over 4,000 fans screaming abuse at our team . We had HUNT and LINGANZI missing two key players . From now to the end of the season "GET BEHIND THE TEAM " LEAM IS STILL LEARNING GET BEHIND HIM IVE CRITICIZED HIM BEFORE NOW, I MADE MY POINT. ON STANLEY ON
Outback Ozzy and football19 like this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:

Thats what makes this forum so interesting,different opinions,good debate by passionate fans,but with the same goal (wanting the best for Accrington Stanley).
Just a few points on your post Frank,totally agree about Murph,heart the size of Liverpool.
Bizarre team selections --- 3wins,2draws,1defeat,under extreem pressure,what would you have done differently?(thats not being patronising,just interested.)
Foothold in the game --- didnt say we dominated,but stemmed the tide,which in my opinion was due to tactical changes,how did you see it??
Experienced manager --- I presume he would be out of work,possibly due to past failures ??,cant see us paying compo,why would they be a success on a "probably" less budget?
IMHO managers tend to bring players with them(numerous instants),and i really cant fault any of leams choices,and will his connections,it will be interesting in summer.
Bringing in Hughes,Hunt,Jeffers,Wilson,Beattie,Rab,Aldred etc...,surely thats not bizarre,indeed,i have have known about Aldred from his Blackburn junior days,and admit,was unsure,how wrong was I,and how right was Leam.
One thing I do know,is he has created a fantastic team spirit,and made a few lads even better players,Moly and Hatfield spring to mind.
Like someone else mentioned,judge Leam,when he has had a full pre-season,until then,its a little matter of beating Morecambe !! KTF
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55   #87
Senior Member+

Cant believe i missed out Linganzi out of my post !!!,un-tried at this level,another bit of credit to Leam
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

With the players Leam has acquired since taking charge, I am really looking forward to seeing the squad he assembles fer next season. Its obvious to all but the painfully dense, our better uns are likely to be poached pre-season,sod all we can do, that will always be the case.
Old 08-04-2013, 15:11   #89

Quote:

Absolute TOSH!

Leam has my vote of confidence. Who ever it was that took over from The Snake, had a huge job on their hands and Leam, with the limited resources he's had at his disposal and little experience has done a great job, he's got the club at heart.

Lets all look ahead to next season whatever happens and give Leam and the cub our full backing.

Keep The Faith, On Stanley ON!!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 15:46   #90
Resting in Peace

Great report on York v Stanley here. You have to subscribe to see it all though.

Stanley, this is another fine mess you've got into | The Sunday Times
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..