Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By smobile
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Redraine
  • 2 Post By choirboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2014, 11:29   #1

The "let's forget about Yeovl and concentrate on the Play-offs" Wycombe Thread

Come on - lets put the bickering behind us and concentrate on the matter in hand - Wycombe at Fortress Crown on Saturday...........

Coming up for this one, so what line up does everyone fancy going with?
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2014, 11:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The "let's forget about Yeovl and concentrate on the Play-offs" Wycombe Thread

My XI

.....................Rose................
Winnard.......Aldred..........Atkinson..........Li ddle.
..................Proccy.........Joyce............ .
.Mingoia.......O Sullivan.....................Moly.......
..................Mccarten......................

Subs
Simpson
Hunt
Windass
Naismith
Maguire
Gray
Carver

Last edited by smudgie; 17-12-2014 at 11:42.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:58   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The "let's forget about Yeovl and concentrate on the Play-offs" Wycombe Thread

Agree wi that line up except would play Windass oer Moly, was a big Moly fan, but hes gone backwards imho since his move to crewe, n showed nowt since his return.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:17   #4
Senior Member+

putting my football head on for a minute,Wycombe,although a good footballing team last year,they were a very "small" team and this term have recruited big/stronger players which has paid off for them.
Macarten up top has been tried and simply wont work.
For me its the normal eleven,with a toss up between macarten and maguire,but i presume the latter will be fresher.
Interesting to see whos fit after 1000 miles and two tough games
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:23   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I personally would not play Crooks again if yeh gave me £5000.
smudgie and smobile like this.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:56   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I personally would not play Crooks again if yeh gave me £5000.
I don't know cashy the £5000 would make it very tempting
but J C must see something he likes in Crooks, in the interview Big John made after the first Yeovil game he made it clear he was not happy with some fans having opinions on team selections
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:15   #7

Every fan as the right to pick their own preferred team, for some it is the nearest they will ever get to being a Manager. Only the XI picked by Coley matters.
Lets press on for a higher place in the League we are only 3 points behind the bookies pre season favourites Bury, "Never mention Bookies and Bury in the same message"
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:17   #8
Full Member+

How about Coley seeing if he can get Kurtis Guthrie back here(?) Him and Crooks upfront.......what a strike force that'd be(!)
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:20   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
n the interview Big John made after the first Yeovil game he made it clear he was not happy with some fans having opinions on team selections
Clear? Lucky you. I couldn't understand a word he said, even with every volume knob I possess turned up to max!
yonmon likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:24   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I don't know cashy the £5000 would make it very tempting
but J C must see something he likes in Crooks, in the interview Big John made after the first Yeovil game he made it clear he was not happy with some fans having opinions on team selections
Perhaps if he'd listened to the fans and not criticised them we'd be still in the cup.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 14:22   #11
Senior Member+

Just like to remind everyone what I said in the "Hype" building up to the Yeovil replay, (and to those talking about the possible '3rd round match').
"It's an old cliche, but football is about the next match, so let's just take it one match at a time"...........

The next match is at home on saturday against Wycombe and it is the most important match of the season........ simply because it is the next game we play.
We need to move on and focus on what is yet to come.....
3 points on saturday will suit me down to the ground!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 15:41   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
How about Coley seeing if he can get Kurtis Guthrie back here(?) Him and Crooks upfront.......what a strike force that'd be(!)
Gutherie was a decent prospect,but league football came to early for him.
He's doing well at the moment and kept Parkin out the starting eleven recently !!!!keep an eye on him
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 18:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Gutherie was a decent prospect,but league football came to early for him.
He's doing well at the moment and kept Parkin out the starting eleven recently !!!!keep an eye on him
8 goals in sixty odd appearances - Sounds like Coley's type of CF, we should expect his imminent arrival. :-)
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..