Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2017, 15:51   #31

Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I can't see why the arrangements were so complicated, they could've just said season ticket & loyalty card holders for wherever they usually plonk themselves on match days have first dibs on Monday & Tuesday & after that it's a free for all - as Olev would say, simples
AccyMad, I don't know about Olev, but I must be simples!
Isn't that exactly what the club are saying???
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2017, 17:00   #32
God Member

No, not exactly - they're saying anyone can buy a ticket from tomorrow if it's for the Clayton End so there is no priority on standing tickets for season ticket & loyalty card holders who prefer to stand but there is priority for the seated areas, as far as I can remember for these sort of games ALL season ticket holders have been given a couple of days priority to buy their tickets
mab, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by AccyMad; 13-08-2017 at 17:03.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 18:43   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Season Ticket holders have "Always" had a couple of days grace at proper run clubs as far as i'm aware.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 13-08-2017, 22:11   #34

We appear to have 'moved the goalposts' on this thread.
From defending the apparent injustice of s/t holders possibly losing their normal seat in the main stand, it's now taking umbrage on behalf of the Clayton End s/t holders not getting priority.
As one of the latter, I have no problem with standing tickets going on open sale tomorrow. As others have already said, this match will not sell-out!
Nothing would please me more than seeing the Clayton End packed to the rafters - let em all come!
The plastic seat s/t holders in the main stand are being given priority.
We should be more concerned about the embarrassment of our opponents outnumbering us on our own turf.
This is all a storm in a teacup!
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 07:08   #35
God Member

Actually I think the original posts on this thread were about the wording of the info on our fishy site, which then went into a discussion about season ticket holders ( wherever in the ground their ticket is for, being given priority) - your apparent disdain for people who choose to sit in the main stand rears it's head yet again, can't make my mind up if you're just a wind up merchant in the same vein as Mr. 007 or not but I'm done, not going to let myself be drawn in again - you could start an argument in a paper bag
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 09:52   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Got 4 tickets this morning.
Wynonie Harris and nowandzen like this.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:21   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

muchas gracias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cashman likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:53   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheers, mate!
cashman likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 15:48   #39
Full Member+

i got two over the phone
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 16:01   #40
Senior Member+

What time does the club reception close on a Tuesday night?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 16:10   #41
God Member

Talking Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What time does the club reception close on a Tuesday night?

Copied from website.

Monday 14th August – Tuesday 15th August – Wednesday 16th August (10.00am – 7.00pm)

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 16:13   #42
Super Moderator

Sir;

We're opening until 7pm tomorrow night if you want to call in
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 16:18   #43
Full Member+

I was there this morning, Season ticket but unable to have my usual seat. The reasons became lost, was pleased to meet Cashy again so it was worth the price for that. I was annoyed, Not with the staff but the organisation. There was no advantage to me buying today in fact it may well have been an open sale. I am still going to support the team.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 17:59   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
can't make my mind up if you're just a wind up merchant in the same vein as Mr. 007 or not but I'm done, not going to let myself be drawn in again - you could start an argument in a paper bag
Not trying to wind you, or anyone else up!
As for starting an argument in a paper bag, I'm just stating my opinion based on the facts as I see them.
I thought you were the great defender of 'opinion' on this forum - apparently only if it agrees with your own.
There has been a lot of hot-air on this thread about the sale of tickets for the West Brom game, from being denied a seat to not being given priority - all untrue.
As for the Clayton End, where is the logic in giving priority to a s/t holder for an unreserved standing area?
Will buying your ticket for the Clayton End three days before anyone else guarantee you a spot on the terrace - hardly! So why make a big fuss about it?
Some people seem to take every opportunity to criticise the club for petty offences, when they are just trying their best to satisfy everybody.
Yes, they make mistakes & sometimes come accross as a bit amateurish, but that's largely because they are.
We're talking Accrington Stanley here, a club run on a shoestring budget - not Man City!
If defending the club makes me a 'wind up merchant'. I plead guilty!
Old 14-08-2017, 18:07   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I always stand as yeh well know LordS. but to me the fact its so simple to sort out the seating problem as all clubs i'm aware of do, defies logic to me.in fact the way our club do it could possibly LOSE people, when the main object as far as i'm aware, is to attract more? we certainly are NOT satisfying regular supporters for starters, so no there is no defence at all for that. imho That is nothing at all to do with a shoestring Budget, its common sense.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..