Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2017, 14:01   #61
God Member

Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1199621]It does sound simple but what if half the STHs didn't then buy a ticket for their allotted (league) seats? The club could then be blocking off seats that were actually available and probably in better locations than the one(s ) being offered to you.
think pools had a funny system where tickets were on sale for everyone but season ticket holders had the chance to purchase theirs for a couple of days then they went on general sale.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2017, 14:09   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Balls they dont apply until tickets are on general sale.

I knew a STH who went to buy a cup ticket, didn't take his ST, they wouldn't sell him one without it, so he refused to go to the match. True story.

Someone who trails down to the shop and is refused might do similar.

About time tickets could be bought properly online. Save a heap of bother all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-08-2017, 14:25   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandzen View Post
I knew a STH who went to buy a cup ticket, didn't take his ST, they wouldn't sell him one without it, so he refused to go to the match. True story.

Someone who trails down to the shop and is refused might do similar.

About time tickets could be bought properly online. Save a heap of bother all round.

I knew about that but had forgotten, that was just cutting yer nose off to spite yer face. imho. i agree though its about time quite a few things were sorted out up yon, but not holding me breath,
Old 15-08-2017, 14:27   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I knew about that but had forgotten, that was just cutting yer nose off to spite yer face. imho. i agree though its about time quite a few things were sorted out up yon, but not holding me breath,

Cheeky blighter, it wasn't me, it was someone else; but diplomacy prevents me naming you.

Old 15-08-2017, 14:30   #65

No problem with moving ST holders to cash in on a big night. ST holders know its league only and still make a tremendous saving and get cup priority so they're not being conned. The issue is communication. Should be noted in the ST form and booklet that you may be moved in exceptional circumstances.

I think the saddest issue out of all of this commotion is the resignation among us all that it will be nowhere near a sell out.

I'm a long standing season ticket holder but still bought my Preston ticket on the match as I knew full well it wouldn't sell out, whereas not so long ago they'd have queued down Livingstone Road for such a game.

Whilst I wont risk that this game I still know at the back of my mind Ill probably be able to walk on if I want.

I suppose its the ultimate testament to the Coleman an Bell years that the town has become blase about these sort of games.
AccyMad and nowandzen like this.

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 15-08-2017 at 14:33.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 17:44   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
No problem with moving ST holders to cash in on a big night. ST holders know its league only and still make a tremendous saving and get cup priority so they're not being conned. The issue is communication. Should be noted in the ST form and booklet that you may be moved in exceptional circumstances.

I think the saddest issue out of all of this commotion is the resignation among us all that it will be nowhere near a sell out.

I'm a long standing season ticket holder but still bought my Preston ticket on the match as I knew full well it wouldn't sell out, whereas not so long ago they'd have queued down Livingstone Road for such a game.

Whilst I wont risk that this game I still know at the back of my mind Ill probably be able to walk on if I want.

I suppose its the ultimate testament to the Coleman an Bell years that the town has become blase about these sort of games.
Even sadder is when have we had a complete sellout ever including away fans in the entire history of Accrington.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 18:12   #67
God Member

Not a sell out as such as it was free admission - not surprisingly what seemed like the entire population turned up for that Torquay game - chaos ensued when some season ticket holders were left out in the cold unable to get in, may have even been worth it if even half of those who took advantage of the freebie had come back again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 18:15   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not a sell out as such as it was free admission - not surprisingly what seemed like the entire population turned up for that Torquay game - chaos ensued when some season ticket holders were left out in the cold unable to get in, may have even been worth it if even half of those who took advantage of the freebie had come back again

Colchester in the FA Cup in 2004?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 15-08-2017, 18:31   #69
Full Member+

All this does not explain why as a S/T holder I couldn't have my regular seat. I was there early and complied with the demands yet for a myriad of reasons I could not have my normal seat. Others in the office buying their tickets could not grasp the reasons either. I Choose to sit where I do as i have problems standing and seeing. so I have picked the best spot for me. I just can't believe it has caused such a problem. This part of the club is a let down to the regular fans as well as visitors who are customers as well. It needs to be sorted out. The OASSC could take this issue on board and work with the club to improve the customer service on offer to all the customers as we are. Fans is just another word for customers. Again I must stress that the staff were as good as could be. The problem is from the top down. As Cashy pointed out the club is being run by non football people who have put good investment into the club in infrastructure yet we fail on many basics of customer care. I will e there for the West Brom Match despite the justifiable moan.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 20:18   #70

Three cheers for Lord Stiff who seems to be the main voice of reason on this. For gawds sake what does it matter where you sit for one game? It won't bloody sell out, the club is doing its best (can't be arsed to trot out the huge list of improvements there has been) but isn't perfect in everything it does.

Just chill out and get behind the team AND ENJOY IT.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 20:40   #71
Full Member+

The point is the club says ST holders get first dibs on their own seat in their charter but keep breaking their own rules.

It is a bit myopic, you don't grow a business by ****ing off regular customers.

I don't sit normally but I can see why other fans may be annoyed.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 15:31   #72
Senior Member+

Sorry to be a pain but I live miles away.
Can I buy a ticket before or after Saturdays game ??
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 16:06   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Sorry to be a pain but I live miles away.
Can I buy a ticket before or after Saturdays game ??
Yeh can usually buy after the game.dunno about before, best to ring.
Old 16-08-2017, 16:31   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Three cheers for Lord Stiff who seems to be the main voice of reason on this. For gawds sake what does it matter where you sit for one game? It won't bloody sell out, the club is doing its best (can't be arsed to trot out the huge list of improvements there has been) but isn't perfect in everything it does.

Just chill out and get behind the team AND ENJOY IT.
Well as an outsider i just cant understand what the hell theyre thinking of here why not just say season ticket holders have till 5pm on Friday to reserve or buy their own seat then at 5.05 on Friday the club just put reserved for sponsors stickers on the best 50 [ or however many they need ] seats still available job done
AccyMad likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 22:17   #75

Northern soul - good idea! sounds like constructive criticism, rather than just moaning.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..