Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2017, 01:34   #76

Re: Tickets for West Brom Match

Been meaning to ask for a while now i was told that there are only 6 non matchday admin staff at the club is that correct ? [ There are nearly 50 at Carlisle ]

Obviously Burgess and Bowerbank are 2 who are the others ? Who is Mr T who posts on here and who clearly works for the club and posts in a quasi official way ?

Whoever they are they seem to administer the club in some very strange ways

Several years ago i had dealings there with Rob Heys over some sponsorships and could never understand why AH let him leave the club after paying him what he was owed or was it because he asked for what he was owed to be paid back that sealed his departure ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2017, 13:05   #77
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1199735]Been meaning to ask for a while now i was told that there are only 6 non matchday admin staff at the club is that correct ? [ There are nearly 50 at Carlisle ]

Yes there are 6 full time admin staff; really don't believe there are 50 at Carlisle!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 16:34   #78

[QUOTE=Mr T;1199765]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Been meaning to ask for a while now i was told that there are only 6 non matchday admin staff at the club is that correct ? [ There are nearly 50 at Carlisle ]

Yes there are 6 full time admin staff; really don't believe there are 50 at Carlisle!!
So it was correct then in which case i hold my hands up to all of you but why so reticent to say who you you actually are then Mr T

And yes at CUFC thats the figure that was deceminated from a figure given of almost 300 employees in the last set of accounts it was widely discussed at the time and was never contradicted by the club and was validated as not being too wide of the mark by a local journalist.

Which begs the question whats the figure at a club like say Portsmouth ? and which makes the figure of 6 of you at Stanley all the more remarkable.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 07:19   #79
Super Moderator

This is going slightly off thread; so I'll start another one over the weekend!!

Thought everybody knew who I was!!

I'm the old ulgy one who runs around like a lunatic on match days and occasionally upsets people on non-match days!!
accybeme and monkey hanger like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 08:33   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
This is going slightly off thread; so I'll start another one over the weekend!!

Thought everybody knew who I was!!

I'm the old ulgy one who runs around like a lunatic on match days and occasionally upsets people on non-match days!!
Great retort Mark although I have looked out for a chap with a Mohican style hair-cut rushing about on match days but as yet can’t say I’ve seen you
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:33   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Sorry to be a pain but I live miles away.
Can I buy a ticket before or after Saturdays game ??
Info on the fishy site says you can buy tickets for Tuesday before the game from 10 till 1 & afterwards between 5 & 5.30
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 09:55   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Info on the fishy site says you can buy tickets for Tuesday before the game from 10 till 1 & afterwards between 5 & 5.30
at least that is an improvement on the usual purchase AFTER the game answer.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 23:09   #83

I see on twitter that Mr Holt has become slightly annoyed with the old guard moaning about the ticket arrangements for this match.

I think that means some of you lot?
Dav1d likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 07:18   #84
God Member

He doesn't like anyone still calling it the Crown ground either I believe & would prefer us to say the Wham stadium but no matter what it's been called over the years it's always been & to most always will be the Crown
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 07:33   #85
Senior Member+

I went to the office before the game as instructed when I rang the club and they wouldn't sell me one.
I went after the game admittedly a bit late and everything was shut.
I'll get in somehow ........
Any Notts County tickets on sale tonight ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 08:29   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I see on twitter that Mr Holt has become slightly annoyed with the old guard moaning about the ticket arrangements for this match.

I think that means some of you lot?
Quote:
I went to the office before the game as instructed when I rang the club and they wouldn't sell me one.
I went after the game admittedly a bit late and everything was shut.
I'll get in somehow ........
Any Notts County tickets on sale tonight ?
Sorry LordD, but too anyone with a reasonable amount of brain cells, 28s beef is a damn site more annoying imho.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:29   #87
Senior Member+

I'm sorted Cashy thankfully as I'm traveling a fair distance and will be close to ko when I get there.
One of the lads has got one for me.
In truth that's deprived the club of twenty quid by turning me away so I'll spend it another way 50/50 etc.
It cant be hard to set up a booth away from the shop to sell tickets on match days for these one off cup ties can it from say 1.30pm to 6pm or am I being a moron ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 09:36   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I'm sorted Cashy thankfully as I'm traveling a fair distance and will be close to ko when I get there.
One of the lads has got one for me.
In truth that's deprived the club of twenty quid by turning me away so I'll spend it another way 50/50 etc.
It cant be hard to set up a booth away from the shop to sell tickets on match days for these one off cup ties can it from say 1.30pm to 6pm or am I being a moron ?
As far as i'm concerned summat like that is plain common sense. There are quite a few people come from a fair distance away some with season tickets, but have difficulty getting cup tickets, in fact i got my own plus 3 more for people that stand with me, but end of the day i shouldn't have too,2 of those were season ticket holders.
Wynonie Harris and Chrisr like this.

Last edited by cashman; 22-08-2017 at 09:42.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 14:21   #89
Senior Member+

According to the Fishy site, tickets for tonights game are on sale from the ticket booths up until kick off

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 15:59   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
According to the Fishy site, tickets for tonights game are on sale from the ticket booths up until kick off

Going slowly then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..