Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 18:03   #16

Re: todays depressing result

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
It was the obvious change for me and I would have to say he did right. Nothing to say the other lad would have done any better.

The Rocky point is nonsense. You could do that for EVERY goal a team concedes, say 'what if he'd done this' etc. What if we hadn't lost the ball in midfield?? What if Mully had hheld it up better?? Not for me.

The keeper was to blame but he's done well, we put it down to experience and we move on.
Well, that's your opinion but as we all know how much you love Rocky, it doesnt surprise me that u don't agree. I have my own opinion (which i know that other people agree with) and if you don't agree then that's up to you.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2005, 18:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiegirl
Well, that's your opinion but as we all know how much you love Rocky, it doesnt surprise me that u don't agree. I have my own opinion (which i know that other people agree with) and if you don't agree then that's up to you.
Yeah but I know more about football than you and them. I am right, you and them are wrong. Endex.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 19:17   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
Yeah but I know more about football than you and them. I am right, you and them are wrong. Endex.

C'mon Staveros, that's got to be the most condescending post I've ever seen on here!!

I can only think your tongue was placed firmly in your cheek!!!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 19:30   #19

[QUOTE=Staveros]

I heard a few giving young Randolph a bit of grief. Have a word with yourselves boys. He's just a kid and IMO he's done a bloody good job for us so far. Yeah he made a rick but who doesn't, he'll learn from it and move on. I heard some people around me do nothing but moan for the last 20 minutes about how he'd cost us the win. Eh?? Personally I was thinking we had 20 minutes to get a winner

I thought Rocky turned in another good display

I've been impressed with the guy from day one, he's the best I've seen in my four seasons at IES, wish he could stay, but, unfortunately, he's too good for this level.

Like your positive point how we had 20 mins to get the winner!!

Like you, I thought Rocky had a good one, glad to see my previous criticisms have turned out to be unfounded!!
Old 02-10-2005, 19:39   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Listening on the Radio sounded a bit of a lackluster match, commentry wasn't that good but sounded like Stanley gave it a good go and were unlucky just to draw. Oh way can't Radio Lancashire put Stanley on via the net when they are home like other BBBC stations.

Bazf

Can't enlighten you re your comments, just had to say, your straplines are SO non-PC, yet so funny I'm almost ashamed to say I laughed out loud...........
They're coming to take me away....away....
Old 02-10-2005, 19:49   #21
Senior Member+

you can't blame rocky for that goal. He has made some mistakes this season that have cost us points but to blame him for yesterdays goal is nonsense!
Old 02-10-2005, 19:59   #22

Talking Re: todays depressing result

Upshot of it is Radio Lancs cant broadcast live on tinternet coz they cover Premiership games - sad but true.. Ok so we only drew - but it could have been a sh*te sight worse - we are still 3 off the top in 3rd AND the 'top non league team in Lancashire' got beat at FGR so cheer up ya buggas... Personally I cant wait for the Grays game...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 20:22   #23
Senior Member+

will be a very very tough game. A point of more from the game we will be making a very big statement to the rest of the conference....
Old 02-10-2005, 20:44   #24
Senior Member+

I thought rocky had a corker..... he looked like Flynny on saturday, and that is one hell of a compliment. Gravsend were up for that game 120%, we where up for it 90%.

WE ARE 3RD ya muppets..........

And as for the whinging sods.......... I really want to shut them up during the game..... if a few will back me up vocally I will tell e'm straight (part time b/burn fans they are)
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 21:15   #25
Senior Member+

Staveros, I am one of those that agreed with Footiegirl on bringing on a defender for a defender i.e. Welch for Cavanagh. As i stated in my post, Jagielka is NOT a defender and never will be. Coley brought on another attacker and gave gravesend the impetence to go and score. Maybe it was Darren's fault and not Rocky's, but and this is a big but, Rocky has put in some dodgy perfcormances this season, and a lot of folk who go to the I.E.S. will tell you the same, as well as folk who post on here. You may think you know about football more than Footiegirl, but I doubt it. That reply was pure chauvanism and should be left in your pants. I am one of those who would like to see Welch given a run in the team, not necessarily at the expense of Rocky, but in conjunction with, otherwise, we could have a defender who will get quickly dillusioned and decide to go elsewhere on 7 days notice from another club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 21:33   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Staveros, I am one of those that agreed with Footiegirl on bringing on a defender for a defender i.e. Welch for Cavanagh. As i stated in my post, Jagielka is NOT a defender and never will be. Coley brought on another attacker and gave gravesend the impetence to go and score. Maybe it was Darren's fault and not Rocky's, but and this is a big but, Rocky has put in some dodgy perfcormances this season, and a lot of folk who go to the I.E.S. will tell you the same, as well as folk who post on here. You may think you know about football more than Footiegirl, but I doubt it. That reply was pure chauvanism and should be left in your pants. I am one of those who would like to see Welch given a run in the team, not necessarily at the expense of Rocky, but in conjunction with, otherwise, we could have a defender who will get quickly dillusioned and decide to go elsewhere on 7 days notice from another club.
My comment wasn't based on the Welch /Jaggers thing it was more about the Rocky/Randolph incident.

It was Randolphs fault pure and simple and anyone trying to pin it on Rocky in any way shape or form is just making a scapegoat out of him.

That was my point.

Footiegirl clearly disagreed with THIS point in her reply to me and said others agree.

I repeat again, anyone who blames Rocky for that goal quite simply isn't on my level when it comes to disecting the finer points of a football match.

Thats not arrogance thats a fact.

If you like making scapegoats out of good honest players crack on, you wont get me going along with it though, never.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:43   #27
Senior Member+

come on people lets not argue we are 3rd and playing good football!! Lets evreyone get behind darren on friday and whoever steps in for rocky, hopefully welch
Old 03-10-2005, 08:50   #28
Resting in Peace

I was away this week-end. What do you mean "whoever steps in for Rocky" - is he injured?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:24   #29
Resting In Peace

We can all watch Stevenage on Wednesday they are live on Sky Sports.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:35   #30
Senior Member+

Rocky will miss the game through suspension...He has been booked 5 times, I think anyway

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..