Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2010, 13:21   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Todays LET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Wednesday 30th June 2010

How does Heys know that we have not broken even since we came into the Football League when the accounts haven't been finalised, or does he know something that others don't ?

Does anybody else think that we will break even this season with Dumb and Dumber running the Club ?
the only thing i can see being broken this season is HEARTS, of the fans.
Old 30-06-2010, 16:33   #17
God Member

So, Ilyas 'helped steady the ship' - talk about an understatement - the good ship Stanley had been cast adrift by O'Neil & co & would have been well & truly sunk but for Ilyas & Peter Marsden.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 16:42   #18
God Member

Accounts should be delivered to Companies House no later than 9 months after the end of the financial year, which I believe in Stanley's case is June 30th. In other words, they had until the end of March this year to get their accounts in for 2008-9. After that, the fine £375 for 1-3 months late, £750pds for 3-6 months and £1500 for 6months plus. However, because they were late last year, then the fine is doubled.

Nice to know where the money's going, innit!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:26   #19
Resting in Peace

From Hereford's Bulls News. Do we know about the tarmac plan? If not, why not????

Accrington's proposed £1.2million refurbishment of their Crown Ground has hit the buffers after funding was lost. Government budget cuts mean the Local Enterprise Growth Initiative will fund no new projects. Plan B, to purchase a temporary stand from Blackpool, has also been deemed too costly. Plans to put a roof on the away terrace has now been scrapped, and the club plan to tarmac sufficient space to make temporary terracing to meet FL guidelines.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:34   #20
God Member

I hope they don't use those Gypos camped up at Huncoat to do their tarmacing.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 17:40   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I hope they don't use those Gypos camped up at Huncoat to do their tarmacing.
Doubt it T, gypos charge.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57   #22
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Accounts should be delivered to Companies House no later than 9 months after the end of the financial year, which I believe in Stanley's case is June 30th. In other words, they had until the end of March this year to get their accounts in for 2008-9. After that, the fine £375 for 1-3 months late, £750pds for 3-6 months and £1500 for 6months plus. However, because they were late last year, then the fine is doubled.

Nice to know where the money's going, innit!

The accounts should have been lodged by 28th February 2010. Stanley's year end is 31st May
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 16:32   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Didn't realise that was happening next week. I thought it was happening in the "next couple of weeks"
IT has happened again..but in th'Observer' this time!.
(Quote)
'Stanley are under a transfer embargo for being late in sending in last years Accounts to Customs House.
THEY ARE HOPING 'IT WILL BE CLEARED UP IN THE NEXT WEEK' for Cisak to put pen to paper.

How many 'next weeks' really exist ??..It becomes a little confusing !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 17:51   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
IT has happened again..but in th'Observer' this time!.
(Quote)
'Stanley are under a transfer embargo for being late in sending in last years Accounts to Customs House.
THEY ARE HOPING 'IT WILL BE CLEARED UP IN THE NEXT WEEK' for Cisak to put pen to paper.

How many 'next weeks' really exist ??..It becomes a little confusing !.
Its completly useless ****** next weeks mate, which is not the same as yours or mine.
Old 02-07-2010, 18:01   #25

time for sum one to go to the bank and pay out......
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05   #26

Next week's like tomorrow. It never comes!
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 21:05   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Next week's like tomorrow. It never comes!

But tonight's Telegraph came !, and with it just another paragraph or two which reinforce the fact that John Coleman must be admired for his fortitude, loyalty to Accrington Stanley....and TRANSPARENCY !....(Quote) :-

ACCRINGTON Stanley boss John Coleman admits that his current frustrations are just ‘part and parcel’ of football at the lower levels, but is hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Coleman has been frustrated over the summer as he has missed out on transfer targets and also seen the Reds placed under a transfer embargo after the club failed to lodge their accounts in time.
“It is frustrating, of course,” said Coleman. “But it is part and parcel of football at our level.
“There’s no point moaning and complaining about things you cannot control, you just get on with it.”

I cannot envisage another Football League Club demanding so much patience and understanding from it's Manager !!.or any other Football League Manager who would tolerate such situations on a daily basis !. I only hope that all his efforts are (as Promised by the Chairman..??)...rewarded in full !!.
Again, I applaud John and Jimmy for standing firm in the face of uncertainty .
Old 09-07-2010, 21:16   #28
God Member

Smile Re: Todays LET

Spot on Yonmon, though the one thing that I would love to see next season is Coley taking on board the last line of that quote, when it comes to refs, liners and decisions over the 90 mins......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 21:23   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Spot on Yonmon, though the one thing that I would love to see next season is Coley taking on board the last line of that quote, when it comes to refs, liners and decisions over the 90 mins......
That's a permissable malaise amongst Soccer Managers Joe...
Signor Capello could take lessons from JC where Refs and Liners are concerned (not to mention 4th Officials!) !
Old 09-07-2010, 21:39   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Coley never ceases to amaze me, i sure as hell would never put up wi the crap him n J.B. have, take me hat off to em.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..