Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2010, 06:45   #1

New Contracts?

Contracts for next season. Who should stay?
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2010, 08:18   #2
God Member

Re: New Contracts?

Not sure who is under contract for next season. I know Ryan, Edwards and Turner signed two year deals.
Realistically I think Murphy, Richardson, Mullin and King will be released. There'll be calls to let go of McConville but I don't think it'll happen. I just hope we can keep hold of the key players like Winnard, Joyce and Symes who could easily hold their own in the league above.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:02   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with those shaker, also agree Mconville should be on his bike n don't think that will happen, think its more a question of who we need, a keeper is a must assuming boozers loan expires, got the neucleus of a damn good side, just need coley to pull 2/3 rabbits out of his hat. symes also must stay,if at all possible as was very evident last night.
Old 24-03-2010, 10:07   #4
Senior Member+

Personally would like to see Dunbavin, Kempson, King, Winnard, Joyce and Symes re-signed on at least 2 year contracts. Does the dynamic duo take a risk on Leam Richardson, I don't know. Probably not but when fit, he has been a fantastic servant. Mullin I can see going and McConville for me should go. Then I am sure they will be looking at the loan market again for next season.What about youth players coming through, we also have one loaned out don't we? What about Alan Burton, been out injured since returning to the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 11:35   #5
God Member

Surely First Contracts have to be John & Jimmy!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 11:36   #6
God Member

Whoever comes in must be over 6 foot' and 12 stone (preferably of muscle not puppy fat).
Should be able to keep goal and then run down the left wing, onto a through ball into open space, behind defences. Ability to pick off rebounds and smash them into the back of the opposing net would also be of benefit.
If he''s someone nephew as well, all the better.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 14:21   #7
Senior Member+

well said exile lol.

My humble opinion on the squad..............

Bouzanis (Will be back at Liverpool, Hopefully we can land another prem or championship keeper on loan for next season, or break the back and get king Kenny Arthur back)
Lees (No doubt for me he will be on the fringes of the Leeds team next season)
Kempo (Sign him up, 1 year deal)
Edwards (Sign him up, 2 years)
Winnard (Sign him up, 1 year)
Ryan (Sign him up, 2 years)
Joyce (Sign him up, 1 year)
Proccy (Sign him up, 1 year)
Miles (Id let him go but no chance of it happening)
Symes (PRIORITY Sign him up 2 years)
Grant (See Symes)

Others

Dunbavin (Still gives me heart attacks, decent number 2 though)
Turner, NEEDS to play more or he will be off to Morecambe no doubt, SIGN HIM UP
King I Like him, (Sign him up 1 year deal, but no doubt he will go)
Murphy, Looked a decent prospect at center back, but not progressed for me)
Flynn, Back to Rovers for Johnny, not given a chance here, YET
Mccarten, See Flynn back to Everton though
Kee,Could make the Leicester bench next season if they stay in Championship
Mullin, Time is up for John I think
Richardson, Great servent but never fit, has to go for me
Mcconville, Still a young lad and could improve
Burton, Never seen him play yet,
Ami, See Burton
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 14:33   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ya have more faith than me in mcconville smudge, too lightweight fer me.
Old 24-03-2010, 15:04   #9
Senior Member+

Whilst I admit he hasnt looked the best, he has shown the odd glimpse of quality.

Could be 1 for the future, maybe :S
Old 24-03-2010, 16:30   #10
God Member

At risk of setting up a mutual admiration society, I think His Smudgeness has it more or less spot on.
Afraid that it may remain bargains picked up in The World of Loans that could make the difference again next year.
The only hope is that economic reality hits all other clubs and Stanley's meagre resources no longer present the disadvantage they do now,
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 18:15   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
At risk of setting up a mutual admiration society, I think His Smudgeness has it more or less spot on.
Afraid that it may remain bargains picked up in The World of Loans that could make the difference again next year.
The only hope is that economic reality hits all other clubs and Stanley's meagre resources no longer present the disadvantage they do now,
No question in my mind loanees will have to be picked up, with stanleys resources nowt else is n option IMHO, we got a good neucleus, but the "Deadwood" must be trimmed.
Old 24-03-2010, 18:45   #12
Senior Member+

Personally I think Loanees are essential for every club outside the Premiership more or less
Old 24-03-2010, 18:52   #13
God Member

Not just loanees

There are hundreds if not thousands of kids released from Academies and contracts every season some from higher levels than League Two, these are the ones where our future lies a chance to take them onboard, polish them up and become part of the first team fixtures and maybe in years to come sell on for profit to put back into the Club

Dean Winnard is a prime example this season, our very own Chris Turner & Bobby Grant through our own Academy.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 08:45   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Not just loanees

There are hundreds if not thousands of kids released from Academies and contracts every season some from higher levels than League Two, these are the ones where our future lies a chance to take them onboard, polish them up and become part of the first team fixtures and maybe in years to come sell on for profit to put back into the Club

Dean Winnard is a prime example this season, our very own Chris Turner & Bobby Grant through our own Academy.
The problem with signing ex acadamy lads is that after being at a top club since their early teens many of them cant take the rejection. or simply haven't developed . we once played Gareth Strange, Gary Sampson ex Man U reserves and Steve Flitcroft ex Rover in our reserve team two of them having played for England Schoolboys. only Flickers got a run in the 1st team but he was released when we got into the Conference. Plenty experienced players who are still young enough will be available. just a case of Coley having a big enough list of players he would like and then signing the ones who will come. we dont need players who are constantly injured or past their best.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 23:13   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just noticed on fishy site 3 kids signed from Chester City.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..