Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2010, 00:11   #1
lew

Wink www.wearestanley.co.uk

Evening everyone.

Just before we let the world know that they can purchase tickets / merchandise / memberships and everything else we can fit into an online store. We have decided to give this forum free reign over the new website. Just for you to play with it, try it out, register your online accounts, etc etc.

Remember, this site is now live so feel free to email me your thoughts. It is flexible and will be changed and updated with more stock daily, as well as current information. Pay particular interest if you have purchased an item before (season ticket holders and members) as you should have a complete purchase history from the club. This is under the My Account settings.The site is also available from the tabs on our main website screen. (Thank you Tony) The Burnley pre season fixture will also go live shortly so you will be able to buy tickets for this game very soon.

I hope you find it easier than the last online store, I'm very sorry it took us so long to get this new one up.

Lewis
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2010, 00:47   #2
God Member

Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

Just registered site looks good!! Nice one Lew, massive step forward IMHO

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 04:45   #3
God Member

I typed my details in and it said it had found me already, have you created accounts for people already on your system? if so how do I receive my password? I tried the email details but it just sent me a blank email

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 06:41   #4
lew

Hi, I forgot to ask, If possible, please could you just put specific questions into an email instead, that way I can respond quicker and get any issues ironed out for you. [email protected]

K.S.H,

If you have purchased any item from the store over the last month, or purchased a season ticket. Have a look at your season ticket number or the 3/4 digit number on your receipt, this is your membership number.

On the drop down option on the login menu, change the option to client ref/postcode and you should be able to enter without the need for a password. You can then change or reset your password from there. If your struggling, email me your name (real) and not your forum name of course and I will get it resolved for you.

Cheers

Last edited by lew; 28-05-2010 at 06:43.
Old 28-05-2010, 06:56   #5
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Morning Lew!will try it out later pal,calling in to s/store later palps is their a link on here to it?
Old 28-05-2010, 07:06   #6
God Member

Superb. Registered and updated my details with great ease. Very well done. We've needed this for a long time! Looking forward to making an order once some of the products are in stock
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 08:14   #7
God Member

That's brilliant, well done to all who put the effort in.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 08:19   #8
God Member

Smile Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

Registered. like it Lew, another move in the right direction!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 09:52   #9

Much better than the last one.

A note however, make it easy as hell to buy stuff. Like really remove any possible hurdles. I cannot find the refernence however there was a case I read upon a few months ago which showed how an e-commerce branch increased sales by >30% by removing the need to register an account to buy something, you lose some customer profiling however you gain hard cash. If you are really smart about it you give the option to create an account after the purchase has been made, when all they need to do is add a password to the information they've already given.

Current flow of buying a shirt:

*Arrive at WeAreStanley
*See shirt on featured items
*Select more info.
*See information on shirt(rather uninformative information, a combo box named options with no indication as to what it relates to, have to click to find out it is used to choose a size, redundant data is displayed, red/white & short sleeved doesn't change so why is it displayed ?)
*See printing options
*Enter printing options(slight bug, if you type something in then delete it, you get charged for printing even if there is nothing there, you have to click clear printing to lose that fee, the web dev should put a
IF($PRINT_FIELD == NULL) Fee = 0;
statement to fix that)
*Select add to basket
*Proceed to checkout
*See log in page
*Enter last name and email
*Select I need to register
*Enter details
*Payment Process

This could be dramatically cut down:

*Arrive at WeAreStanley
*See shirt on featured items, with combo box for selecting size and add to basket button, select size add to basket
*Proceed to checkout
*OPTION of logging in, or just enter in delivery details
*Payment Process

Another small note is when entering your address you have to do so manually, there is no postcode lookup function.

... and now I've geeked out the place I'll leave
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 10:01   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wont let me log on, saying wrong username or password, yet its the same as the e-mail i got???
Old 28-05-2010, 10:34   #11
lew

Hi chaps.

Cashman, if you email me your membership number it is an easy fix and something that is usually slightly wrong with the text your inputting, I have done this several times already for people who have emailed me thus far.

Samf

Thank you, these points are what we need to tweak in order to carry out the full testing. At the moment the site is fully operational and solid in terms of the information we are recieving at this end and indeed items are being dispatched easily already.

In terms of the neccessity to construct a membership log in or registration, remember you only have to do this once, and in many cases most people will have this set up already. The idea is to capture the information so that we can utilise it to everyone's benefit. For logistical reasons it means that itemised products and full invoice address are attached to the sale. For you as supporters, your registration allows you to add friends and family, manage your account, check your purchase history. etc etc.

The process you mentioned is for a one off transaction, whereby it is simpler and much more informative in subsequent visits. The real benefits will be seen when purchasing tickets for yourself, friends or family. The products will show as out of stock, because we can assign a pre order function, so that stock is not redundant. Once the lead times have settled, all stock will have a pre order button instead of an out of stock icon. Allowing you to assign a product to your basket.

The other points as mentioned will be formulated and sent back to the web site admin team.

Thanks
Old 28-05-2010, 11:04   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lew i e-mailed ya a while ago.in reply to the e-mail generated?
Old 28-05-2010, 14:45   #13
God Member

Smile Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

From our official site I do like the wording, such as:- To open up the boundaries, a truly global reach Let's hope that this is a truly successful venture

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 14:52   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lew has sorted fer me, jobs a good un, lets wish it a great sucess.
Old 28-05-2010, 19:07   #15
Senior Member+

Great site Lew, registered easily, love the look of it. Looking forward to doing business with you online.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..