View Single Post
Old 28-05-2010, 09:52   #9
SamF

Re: www.wearestanley.co.uk

Much better than the last one.

A note however, make it easy as hell to buy stuff. Like really remove any possible hurdles. I cannot find the refernence however there was a case I read upon a few months ago which showed how an e-commerce branch increased sales by >30% by removing the need to register an account to buy something, you lose some customer profiling however you gain hard cash. If you are really smart about it you give the option to create an account after the purchase has been made, when all they need to do is add a password to the information they've already given.

Current flow of buying a shirt:

*Arrive at WeAreStanley
*See shirt on featured items
*Select more info.
*See information on shirt(rather uninformative information, a combo box named options with no indication as to what it relates to, have to click to find out it is used to choose a size, redundant data is displayed, red/white & short sleeved doesn't change so why is it displayed ?)
*See printing options
*Enter printing options(slight bug, if you type something in then delete it, you get charged for printing even if there is nothing there, you have to click clear printing to lose that fee, the web dev should put a
IF($PRINT_FIELD == NULL) Fee = 0;
statement to fix that)
*Select add to basket
*Proceed to checkout
*See log in page
*Enter last name and email
*Select I need to register
*Enter details
*Payment Process

This could be dramatically cut down:

*Arrive at WeAreStanley
*See shirt on featured items, with combo box for selecting size and add to basket button, select size add to basket
*Proceed to checkout
*OPTION of logging in, or just enter in delivery details
*Payment Process

Another small note is when entering your address you have to do so manually, there is no postcode lookup function.

... and now I've geeked out the place I'll leave
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote