Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2010, 17:28   #46
God Member

Re: New Contracts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Football Manager 2010/11 time.

Let's presume all current loanees are gonners and that we can keep hold of key players. Release Dunbavin, Richardson, Mullin, Burton and King. Keep Edwards, Kempson, Winnard, Turner, Procter, Ryan, Joyce, Miles, McConville, Grant and Symes. Keep Murphy as cover for right back and Ami as cover for centre-half.

Goalie is the priority on the shopping list. We don't need to sign another for cover; promote yoofie Molloy to first team squad as back up and keep him fit in the ressies. We need a left-footed left-back and a striker.

That gives us a contracted squad of 17 with two goalies, six defenders, six midfielders and three strikers. Flesh it out with loanees; one defender, one tough tackling midfielder and a striker with a bit of strength.

Make Edwards captain.

Win the league with 111 points and a +60 goal difference
Sorry Murphy is not good enough at this level, not sure that Bee Ami is still with the Club as he dosn't appear on the squad list on the programme.

Alan Burton seemed a decent player the couple of times I saw him play for the reserves

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2010, 17:39   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Sorry Murphy is not good enough at this level, not sure that Bee Ami is still with the Club as he dosn't appear on the squad list on the programme.

Alan Burton seemed a decent player the couple of times I saw him play for the reserves
What I've seen of Murphy has been pretty good. The choice as I see it is to either keep on one of our own young players or sign a new player only for cover, releasing the young player. The latter decision seems backwards to me. As far as I know, Ami is still on the club's books and out on loan at Radcliffe. If anyone knows different please correct me. As with Murphy, what I've seen of him has looked promising. Burton has been injured for a long time which unfortunately is the reason why I'd release him.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 17:43   #48
God Member

I want to keep Ami if only so that 107 radio station can sponsor him. Altogether now ... 107 The Bee!

Seriously though, when he played for us against Burnley in the SOS Cup I thought his reading of the play was superb for a young lad. There were a couple of basic mistakes but overall I was impressed. I was less impressed though when he played against us in the pre-season friendly.
Old 19-04-2010, 17:57   #49
God Member

According to Galway United they signed him in February, yet he played for Rossendale utd the other week
Old 21-04-2010, 09:47   #50
Senior Member+

Watched a lot of academy and prem reserve team football ie; 17 to 21 year olds and i was more than impressed with accis Alan burton , If he has a bit of luck,stays clear of injuries and is not thrown in at the deep end,he will become a top player
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 10:23   #51
God Member

Joyce keen to stay on at Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

This is good positive stuff players wanting too stay at Stanley, be nice to get players signed up before the end of May or even better before the end of the season

Stop Clubs coming in taking players from under our noses and if they do and are under contract at least money goes into the pot

SFFS
Old 25-04-2010, 00:38   #52
Full Member+

A new Keeper is top priority, Dunbavin isn't good enough and young Bouzanis, whilst he's shown promise, Liverpool probably wouldn't release him and all the chopping and changing between the two shows that Coley doesn't know who is the better of the two.

However, I happen to think neither are good enough to be a first choice keeper; and this means a new goalkeeper is top priority.

Next on the list are two full backs. Players who are naturals at full back. We may have one who has missed the season with injury ( Richardson), but if we assume he can't make it back from injury the same player, these are the next two positions that have to be filled.

Before the pro Cavanagh brigade start shouting, we're talking about moving the club forwards. By bringing back Cav, which would cause unrest, I think we'd only be papering over the cracks. Whilst Cav was a good servant to the club in the past, despite what anyone thinks about his misdemenours; and forgive and forget and all that; what we need is new blood.

Hence two full backs are a must.

We have more than enough creative talent in midfield, even if at times they seem not fully motivated. Before the "Coley Out" brigade start, this end of season slump is doing certain players no favours, If in charge, I know whose arses I would be kicking now, they shall remain nameless, however one quality addition to centre midfield and a wide man ( on either flank) would spice up that department.

Up front, we need the main men (ala Grant & Symes ) to sign on the dotted line. I'd be praying for Leicester to get up in the play offs (that might mean Billy Kee is surplus to their requirements) but I stilll think we miss someone with Paul Mullin's muscle. If Coley can dig somebody out like that then all well and good....

I'll throw a couple of names into the mix..... the lad Tubbs (plays for Salisbury,has 30 odd goals for them this season, a.k.a. F.A. cup game) and Purcell from Darlington. ( he might want to stay playing league football??)

However, If the Bellylaugh ( L.E.T. ) is to believed the budget is pretty much the same for Coley next season. That means chopping and changing, but for me, he has to keep Chris Turner and Grant. Very Saleable assets, both with promise.

If Symes' agent has turned the guys head and promised him greener grass, It's pointless being held to ransom. Better to look elsewhere and learn the lesson. (i.e tie the replacement, if good enough, down to a proper contract)

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 00:57   #53

Hopefully keep Turner, Winnard and Grant. All 3 will be big sellable assets in the future. Deano was wanted by Doncaster last Summer that says a lot for him.
Releasing too many would be a nightmare for Coley but guess it's the same story every year! Think Purcell is a brilliant call from the poster above, has looked very lively whenever I've seen him play.
Joeb1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 06:18   #54
God Member

Smile Re: New Contracts?

Carpon;809879

A new Keeper is top priority, Dunbavin isn't good enough and young Bouzanis, whilst he's shown promise, Liverpool probably wouldn't release him and all the chopping and changing between the two shows that Coley doesn't know who is the better of the two.

However, I happen to think neither are good enough to be a first choice keeper; and this means a new goalkeeper is top priority.

Agree in the main, but this is the most important thing for us next season!!

Good post Carpon.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 08:08   #55
God Member

Good Post Carpon

Just two points that we need to take into account:

1) Will they appear on our scouting radar
2) If any of these players are under contract then we can forget it

It will be a Summer of wheeling & dealing, the biggest problem is going to be I would expect not uncovering just one nugget but possibly up to six and that is a big ask for anyone

We have a nucleus of probably twelve players add six to that and we are up to eighteen, throw in a couple of loan signings and we are up to twenty which is a reasonable size squad for us, so long as embargos are avoided it still leaves us options in the free transfer or loan market at stages of next season.

SFFS
Old 25-04-2010, 20:42   #56
Senior Member+

A point that most people seem to be missing is that the playing staff is based on a set budget which is normally given to the manager before the pre season gets under way.
Someone may correct me but i am sure this was reduced by a third last year.
Hence do you pay over the odds on bringing in one player or spread the budget to bring in unproven players.
The average age of the team this year is approx 21 with 6 or 7 being 20 or under.On a limited budget you cant have it both ways and is reliant on the manager selling the club rather than paying money
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 21:24   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
A point that most people seem to be missing is that the playing staff is based on a set budget which is normally given to the manager before the pre season gets under way.
Someone may correct me but i am sure this was reduced by a third last year.
Hence do you pay over the odds on bringing in one player or spread the budget to bring in unproven players.
The average age of the team this year is approx 21 with 6 or 7 being 20 or under.On a limited budget you cant have it both ways and is reliant on the manager selling the club rather than paying money
This is what sets Coley apart from other managers, and why it will be a huge mistake to demand his sacking.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 21:24   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a point is also, we don't really know what budget will be available to coley, last years was understandable if yer correct, yes it will be limited, but same as any club, to its own circumstances, coleman fer my money has worked wonders in the past wi peanuts, proving ya don't always get monkeys fer em. and to pendle red, both points are correct imho, but do'es anyone know to what extent our scouting radar is? fer my money, one of the most vital sections of any small club.
Old 25-04-2010, 22:51   #59

1 keeper kenny 2 right back herefords burys left back mid fileds ok plus craney 999 you can kill me after i finnsh up front keep gath tayor from wrexham . we need a any dibbull back for goal keeping caoch
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 05:24   #60
God Member

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...anagement_team

Bit in there saying playing budgets will be similar to this seasons

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 26-04-2010 at 05:29.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..