Thread: New Contracts?
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2010, 00:38   #52
carpon
Full Member+

Re: New Contracts?

A new Keeper is top priority, Dunbavin isn't good enough and young Bouzanis, whilst he's shown promise, Liverpool probably wouldn't release him and all the chopping and changing between the two shows that Coley doesn't know who is the better of the two.

However, I happen to think neither are good enough to be a first choice keeper; and this means a new goalkeeper is top priority.

Next on the list are two full backs. Players who are naturals at full back. We may have one who has missed the season with injury ( Richardson), but if we assume he can't make it back from injury the same player, these are the next two positions that have to be filled.

Before the pro Cavanagh brigade start shouting, we're talking about moving the club forwards. By bringing back Cav, which would cause unrest, I think we'd only be papering over the cracks. Whilst Cav was a good servant to the club in the past, despite what anyone thinks about his misdemenours; and forgive and forget and all that; what we need is new blood.

Hence two full backs are a must.

We have more than enough creative talent in midfield, even if at times they seem not fully motivated. Before the "Coley Out" brigade start, this end of season slump is doing certain players no favours, If in charge, I know whose arses I would be kicking now, they shall remain nameless, however one quality addition to centre midfield and a wide man ( on either flank) would spice up that department.

Up front, we need the main men (ala Grant & Symes ) to sign on the dotted line. I'd be praying for Leicester to get up in the play offs (that might mean Billy Kee is surplus to their requirements) but I stilll think we miss someone with Paul Mullin's muscle. If Coley can dig somebody out like that then all well and good....

I'll throw a couple of names into the mix..... the lad Tubbs (plays for Salisbury,has 30 odd goals for them this season, a.k.a. F.A. cup game) and Purcell from Darlington. ( he might want to stay playing league football??)

However, If the Bellylaugh ( L.E.T. ) is to believed the budget is pretty much the same for Coley next season. That means chopping and changing, but for me, he has to keep Chris Turner and Grant. Very Saleable assets, both with promise.

If Symes' agent has turned the guys head and promised him greener grass, It's pointless being held to ransom. Better to look elsewhere and learn the lesson. (i.e tie the replacement, if good enough, down to a proper contract)

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote