Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2010, 20:46   #121
God Member

Re: New Contracts?

Coley wants Kenny Arthur but budget may hinder him, Grimsby looking for Arthur as well!

from th'Observer
Old 21-05-2010, 09:44   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
that's good!! glad leam has been offered terms as he is a good player
What does non contract terms mean ? is that pay as you play ?

Sorry for being a bit numb
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 10:58   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Coley wants Kenny Arthur but budget may hinder him, Grimsby looking for Arthur as well!

from th'Observer
Non league v League gives us a good chance i reckon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
What does non contract terms mean ? is that pay as you play ?

Sorry for being a bit numb
thats how i understand it boomer.
Old 21-05-2010, 11:18   #124

Contracted players are tied to the club which is good as it means you can plan long term. the downside for the club is that you still have to pay players who are injured. ie Leam last season.

Non contract players can move on by any other club which serves 7 days notice of approach no fee required. The terms of Non Contract can mean whatever you want it to payment wise, but it gives the club an easy way out if the player sustains a long term injury.

Generally speaking most players below Conference level will be Non Contract the possible exception being a talented youngster who may play at a higher level and therefore someone would be willing to pay a fee for him.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 14:48   #125

A few decent players been released.
To name a few:
Barry Conlon 0 is always a threat against us.
Matt Harold -think he was one of top-goalscorers in league 2 when wycombe won promotion, altho he is slightly ginger
Graham Coughlan -good player at this level - might be a bit old?
Adam Rundle -Decent player for Rochdale
Simon Whaley - just class - wage demands will be high tho
Rommy Boco -dunno if he would fit in with set-up mind
Kenny Arthur - we all know
Jake Simpson - son of former shrews boss- I went to school with this lad might be slightly bias because i know him but hes a brilliant player, was on the books at Blackburn since an early age and went to shrews with his dad.. I think hes got a good future might be worth a punt

Last edited by AsFc62; 21-05-2010 at 14:50.
AsFc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 16:20   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Matt Harold -think he was one of top-goalscorers in league 2 when wycombe won promotion, altho he is slightly ginger
Oi!- Watch it - gingerphobia is worse than homophobia.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 16:34   #127
God Member

Matt Harold bossed the game when we played at Wycombe in January last season a very good centre forward. Makes a lot of clever runs, knows where the goals are is equally as good with his head as with his feet.

Would fit in very nicely with a wide man system

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 23:36   #128
Full Member+

I for one wouldn't want Harold. Whilst he may have a few endearing qualities, he's knocking on, always seemed to be a whinger and I generally think there's better on offer.

Move mountains to get Billy Kee, for which there's the prospective sell on side of things, look to get a lad in like Purcell ( Darlo ) who I think would prosper under Coley,again a lad with potential, Raachi from Bury is worth a look; and getting Kenny Arthur back ( if fit and agreeable ) would bolster what we have. It would also be nice to get Charnock ( cover / competion) for Kempo and Edwards and an additional midfielder.

If we're talking former players with relation to the midfield dept, I'd have Craney back over Boco. He had much more drive than Rommy (personal opinion like!!)

I dare say Coley will pull a rabbit or two out of his hat before next term....as the man says......

keep the faith !!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 09:27   #129
Senior Member+

Charnock already has a deal at Torquay for next season
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 15:41   #130
God Member

... but Torquay are over £600,000 in debt (as of last week) and are looking to trim their earners.
Old 23-05-2010, 16:07   #131

Plus when we went down to torquay i heard charnock came to our players hotel because he is still friendly with all the lads... and he doesnt like the set up down there but well have to wait and see

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 17:55   #132
God Member

Matt Harold is only 25

I don't like the idea of re-signing players unless they are are better than we already have and will fit into our style of play

I agree with some of your points Carpon in there are some quality players out there in all departments, obviously budgets will play a key part in who we can sign but with just that little extra blend of experience in signing players who are proven at this level and a willingness to take a punt on a player as we did with Symes could just be the catalyst to take us an extra notch next season.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 18:47   #133
Senior Member+

I heard a strong rumour Charnock was coming back earlier in the year, but I think he earns a decent salary down there.
Old 23-05-2010, 21:14   #134

lets get him back up here him. winnard phil kempo at the back plus tom or young lad from blackburn ..... we would have a big back line ...
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 22:11   #135
Senior Member+

Not sure who Id have at the back Grimps apart from Phil.

I think we looked solid many a time, but the back 5 as it where, definately where not conistent enough for me all season.

Despite a massive improvement we still shipped a hell of alot of goals this season.

Obviously a number 1 keeper is a priority but id love to see 2 decent attacking full backs in the mold of Kennedy (Rochdale) etc. Easier said than done of course

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..